Hill's Year(s into next decade)

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

parrish4president

Post by parrish4president »

pistol wrote:And Mounds View is still playing while Jefferson sits!
muh, I dont care, I have my own NCAA tourney up and coming. You enjoy watching the tourney, I will enjoy skating in a bigger dance.
Pioneerprideguy

Post by Pioneerprideguy »

We have our version of Austin...they are referred to as the Govenors. :lol:
Hilltopper99

Post by Hilltopper99 »

CityHockey11 wrote:I graduated from Hill not too far back (ok it coming up on eight years, but who's counting?), and I have nothing but disdain and loathing for the Pioneers hockey program. I have not been on this bored long, in fact this is my inagural post, but no one mentions how blantently they recruit. Of course you can have this great hockey dynasty (this cannot be denied), if you are sniping a goalie from this school and your entire second line from another (this being back in 99-00). If this is deemed to be an acceptable practice, then fine, but then don't claim that you are all on a level playing field. A.B.H.M. (anybody but hill murray). :P
Wrong! In the 99-00 season, Carlson, (who wasn't playing by midseason) Kehler and Krengel were the only late transfers. I know Krengel's parents well, and they sent him to Hill for many reasons, hockey being about #4 on list. Kehler wasn't playing in his former school, and no one "snipes" a kid on the bench. His sister attended as well - maybe she was part of the whole recruitment deal? And if you were at Hill, how many good players left or were asked to leave around that time because they couldn't cut it academically, had poor attitudes or got in too much trouble off the ice? Don't start throwing around accustations about ethics when you're clearly uninformed. (And your poor Hill English teacher must feel like a failure - "bored"? "inagural"? No wonder you hate the school - $6500 down the tubes).
pistol

Post by pistol »

Reason #12 why this is Hill's year:

The only teams who still have winning all-time records against the Pioneers have decided to sit out the 2008 dance,

though Hill-Murray might have liked shooting for the Stars or Indians again!
bleedgreen12

Post by bleedgreen12 »

jackie kehler is HOT!!
pistol

Post by pistol »

Okay then...

Reason #14 why this is Hill's year:

The Pioneers have ended every Tournament losing streak of 2 or more games by making it to the Championship Final in their very next State appearance.
stpaul

HM 1999-2000

Post by stpaul »

The Kehlers moved from Edina to Woodbury. He and his sister enrolled at HM. He wasn't stolen from anyone. That 2000 team is one of my favorites. They lost twice to WBL during the regular season. Kehler and the Pioneers played a great section final game winning 2-0 with an empty netter.
pistol

Post by pistol »

All Pioneers are good-looking... whether their last names are Kehler or something else.
pistol

Post by pistol »

Reason #15 why this is Hill's year:

The Pioneers have been cooling their jets and saving their afterburners all season long.

There is only one team who really can stop Hill-Murray.

Hint: They wear green but are not mere insects and not sheep.
pistol

Post by pistol »

Anyone have info on the celebration rally?
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

pistol wrote:Anyone have info on the celebration rally?
Didn't you start that around Christmas?
The only soft spot I see is the one between my legs
Lucia4President

Post by Lucia4President »

pistol wrote:Reason #15 why this is Hill's year:

The Pioneers have been cooling their jets and saving their afterburners all season long.

There is only one team who really can stop Hill-Murray.

Hint: They wear green but are not mere insects and not sheep.
Litchfield?
HOUNDS
pistol

Post by pistol »

Thanks to Edina for showing so much class. Even the Edina posters are among the best of the bored when it comes to composure and hockey knowledge.
hm88

Post by hm88 »

Great call on this one pistol
pistol

Post by pistol »

Can't take any credit myself... look back at the signs... it was obvious.
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

is pistol the second coming?
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20
pistol

Post by pistol »

skates on water
slapshooter

7,498th post by SS since Feb 27th 2002 ~APemanJr.=All Wet~

Post by slapshooter »

pistol wrote:skates on water
=P~ :arrow: That's Image why he's usually all wet! :arrow: ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
=P~ :arrow: SImageS :arrow: UNDEFEATED :arrow: 2ImageImage8 :arrow: (...a legend in his Imagewn miImagend ...) Image
pistol

Post by pistol »

Now that Lex and the lads have dialed in the championship formula, Slappy will have to endure at least another forty years of AP gloating.

I was downtown St. Paul this afternoon and surprised to see so many still dressed in green... a full week after Hill's big victory.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

ttt
pistol

Post by pistol »

Seeing Delaney "Lou" Metcalf's dad at the 2008 section final reminded me of the story behind the only player in Hill history to wear #13 on his jersey...

Last January 13th, Lou honored the memory of his sister, Erin, and her birthday... by scoring the first goal of his varsity career... with 13 minutes left... in Hill's 13th game of the 2006-07 season.

Without realizing at the time, I started the Hill's Year thread exactly 13 months later and somehow skipped the 13th reason...

Reason #13 why this is Hill's year:

Lou Metcalf will score the last, game-winning goal of the regular season and the Hornet-smashing, last goal anyone will score in this year's State Tournament.

Though his sister is in Heaven, she never misses a Hill-Murray hockey game.
who_b_dat

Post by who_b_dat »

I never knew this story about Lou. Thanks for posting Pistol.
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

who_b_dat wrote:I never knew this story about Lou. Thanks for posting Pistol.
I believe he's the first person to wear #13 in school history. Someone else can verify that...
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

who_b_dat wrote:Thanks for posting Pistol.
There's 4 words I never thought I'd see strung together... :lol:
OGEE OGELTHORPE

Post by OGEE OGELTHORPE »

Sparlimb wrote:
who_b_dat wrote:I never knew this story about Lou. Thanks for posting Pistol.
I believe he's the first person to wear #13 in school history. Someone else can verify that...
Why are the Catholics so superstitious? It' just a number.