Orono vs. Mound Westonka Round 3!

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Mound Westonka
55%
Orono
45%

Total votes: 33

Goldy23

Post by Goldy23 »

Reidy09 wrote:
BranchesMagnum wrote:I don't see why everyone thinks mound is so much better than orono. Both goalies were sieves. Look at the winning goal. Kind of a crap goal. Plus like it or not the refs definately had a bigger effect on the outcome of the game than they should have. The called off goals happened and the game is over but if one of the 3 goes the other way then mound is done for the season. Mound won and had an impressive last 5 minutes in the third, but squeeking by a below .500 Orono team is proof the white hawks won't go to the tourney.

Oh yeah, Reidy, your fans had no effect on the outcome of the game. Snipezilla??? Awesome, I guess. Must be a Mound thing
First off, anyone in their right mind knows it doesn't matter if one team is ranked 3rd in state and the other is ranked 20th - school rivalry games ALWAYS are heated battles and come down to the wire.

Secondly, how can you judge the outcome of the game if Orono was allowed any of those 3 clear non-goals? Do you know Mound wouldn't put the heat on earlier? No, you don't...so stop assuming.

Last and not least, Mound is better than Orono - that's why Mound is still in it and Orono isn't. Period.

I'll see you all Tuesday at Parade.

Note: We did have an effect. Gabos was yelling atrocious remarks our way when we were calling him a PeeWee and such. We got inside that kids head. You must have been to busy watching Mound beat Orono to focus on what was going on in the stands.
Well Mr. Zenmaster CHANT monkey, :D

It sounds to me like some of the posters here may be getting inside your head a bit.
Mound is a good team, that's why they were awarded the third seed.
They narrowly got by Orono who was without their starting goalie, and at a minimum with some favorable calls from the refs.
That same performance most certainly won't result in a "W" against either Breck or Blake.....Even with those snappy little chants. The good news is that you have 3 more days to craft those influential signs! Good luck on Tuesday, it should be a fun one.
Abe

Post by Abe »

The Game is over, get on with it stop making excuses and stop the back and forth "they did this well you did this" grow up!
Letsplayhockey101

Post by Letsplayhockey101 »

Reidy09 wrote:
BranchesMagnum wrote:I don't see why everyone thinks mound is so much better than orono. Both goalies were sieves. Look at the winning goal. Kind of a crap goal. Plus like it or not the refs definately had a bigger effect on the outcome of the game than they should have. The called off goals happened and the game is over but if one of the 3 goes the other way then mound is done for the season. Mound won and had an impressive last 5 minutes in the third, but squeeking by a below .500 Orono team is proof the white hawks won't go to the tourney.

Oh yeah, Reidy, your fans had no effect on the outcome of the game. Snipezilla??? Awesome, I guess. Must be a Mound thing
First off, anyone in their right mind knows it doesn't matter if one team is ranked 3rd in state and the other is ranked 20th - school rivalry games ALWAYS are heated battles and come down to the wire.

Secondly, how can you judge the outcome of the game if Orono was allowed any of those 3 clear non-goals? Do you know Mound wouldn't put the heat on earlier? No, you don't...so stop assuming.

Last and not least, Mound is better than Orono - that's why Mound is still in it and Orono isn't. Period.

Note: We did have an effect. Gabos was yelling atrocious remarks our way when we were calling him a PeeWee and such. We got inside that kids head. You must have been to busy watching Mound beat Orono to focus on what was going on in the stands.
I think you should just admit you play for Mound and quit hidding it... :^o
Get Some

Post by Get Some »

the games do no always go down to the wire. A few years ago the games were 8-1, no in favor of mound.

Yes a win is a win, its too bad it had to come under unfavorable circumstances.
fivehole628

Post by fivehole628 »

Reidy09 wrote:

Please stop talking... your embarassing your Mound team :oops:
Reidy09

Post by Reidy09 »

Letsplayhockey101 wrote:
Reidy09 wrote:

I think you should just admit you play for Mound and quit hidding it... :^o
LOL - whatever makes you sleep at night.
dman218

Post by dman218 »

seriously though....STOP talking. its embarassing.
#1D#2

Post by #1D#2 »

I'm with Get Some on this one, sad to say, but ahhh the Mound Orono games in the last couple years have really came down to the wire. RIGHT:?
winger91

Post by winger91 »

Reidy09 wrote:
statehockey33 wrote:i agree i think orono is a bunch of rich boys that can't handle gettin defeated by a team that is better then them but im also sayin mound better bring a better game against breck there just a little better then orono
At the game on Thursday they made a sign that said, "We didn't think Mound had the money to buy REFS" - We gave them a standing ovation for that one.
What's the matter poor reidy, parents don't work or are you just allergic to money?
pucky-duck

Post by pucky-duck »

This is pathetic.

Mound - Act like you've actually won before

Orono - GET OVER IT!

'nuff said. :!:
mnhockey07

Post by mnhockey07 »

I pretty sure all these kids that are whining are not from Orono. Watching them this year... their season was lost when the lost their top goalie in Ian Wilson... the different in thursdays game was the goalies...Mound made saves when it had to and Gabos sived out as usual when under pressure.
fivehole628

Post by fivehole628 »

mnhockey07 wrote:I pretty sure all these kids that are whining are not from Orono. Watching them this year... their season was lost when the lost their top goalie in Ian Wilson... the different in thursdays game was the goalies...Mound made saves when it had to and Gabos sived out as usual when under pressure.
Umm the two goalies gave up a combined 13 goals (*16 with the disallowed ones...). That's not too hot for either goalie... both played "iffy" :?
moundhockey

Post by moundhockey »

come on you guys, this isn't worth arguing about don't get me wrong you guys have good points, but the main thing to realize is that mound won and in my book orono really brought something to the table and they played really good, but mound still won and that's all that counts.
Mnh0ckey

Post by Mnh0ckey »

Reading all this is halarious. Orono, you bringing the team and fans to the next Mound game? Could be fun. :D
minnesotahockey23

Post by minnesotahockey23 »

yeah this is pretty hysterical..
good luck mound vs. breck on tuesday! :D
fivehole628

Post by fivehole628 »

As much as I hate Mound... I'm rooting for you! PUBLIC SCHOOLS!!!!
minnesotahockey23

yay public schools

i don't get why everyone hates mound so much..
fivehole628

Post by fivehole628 »

minnesotahockey23 wrote:yay public schools

i don't get why everyone hates mound so much..
Well my team is a rival of theirs... so.... I'm kinda required to hate them.
minnesotahockey23

ohh, the only rivals of ours that are huge are orono, so im guessin you play for orono.. haha.
fivehole628

Post by fivehole628 »

minnesotahockey23 wrote:ohh, the only rivals of ours that are huge are orono, so im guessin you play for orono.. haha.
Nope... but your a rival to our team then. I'm surprised that you don't know who I am. I thought everyone knew my name on the forums... :?
Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried »

fivehole628 wrote:
minnesotahockey23 wrote:ohh, the only rivals of ours that are huge are orono, so im guessin you play for orono.. haha.
Nope... but your a rival to our team then. I'm surprised that you don't know who I am. I thought everyone knew my name on the forums... :?
There goes your reputation! :lol:
fivehole628

Post by fivehole628 »

Can't Never Tried wrote:
fivehole628 wrote:
There goes your reputation! :lol:
Dang... :lol:
minnesotahockey23

what? how does that hurt my reputation? and why do you think so highly of yourself that you think everyone knows your name on here haha
fivehole628

Post by fivehole628 »

minnesotahockey23 wrote:what? how does that hurt my reputation? and why do you think so highly of yourself that you think everyone knows your name on here haha
You must be new...
minnesotahockey23

ha ouchhh, but yeah i am actually