A state seeding

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad »

.Marshall wrote:
Mite-dad wrote:1. Marshall
2. STA
3. SCC
4. Little Falls
5. Roch. L.
6. EGF
7. Breck
8. New Ulm
I LIKE!
Except I got three wrong! :lol:
dirtkiller_97

Post by dirtkiller_97 »

.Marshall wrote:
Mite-dad wrote:1. Marshall
2. STA
3. SCC
4. Little Falls
5. Roch. L.
6. EGF
7. Breck
8. New Ulm
I LIKE!
lol or not
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

Dog_Log17 wrote:How is Mankato West not a top 4 seed?
They aren't if STA wins.

But if STA loses then they are because they are ranked in the top 5 in every poll.

EDIT

I quoted the wrong guy, I meant to quote BIAFP. My point, however, still stands.
Last edited by Goldy Gopher on Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The U invented swagger.
dirtkiller_97

Post by dirtkiller_97 »

1. Marshall
2. St. Thomas
3. Warroad
4. SCC

If i were to pick 4-8

5. Little Falls
6. Blake
7. Mankato West
8. 3A
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

BIAFP wrote:1. Warroad- beat Marshall
2. Little Falls
3. SCC
4. Marshall-should have lost to Hibbing and got smoked by I. Falls
St. Thomas doesn't get seeded?
The U invented swagger.
rams80

Post by rams80 »

BIAFP wrote:
Dog_Log17 wrote:How is Mankato West not a top 4 seed?

If they seeded all 8, they would be lucky to get a 7 seed. Two and back to class with their participation ribbons :roll:

:lol: :lol:
DmnHawk5

Post by DmnHawk5 »

2. Little Falls
3. SCC
Duluth Marshall never played Ifalls let alone get smoked by them, so i don't really know where you are going with that one. Warroad definitely has an ligament argument for #1 but i don't think it is one they will win. and i don't really see how you can put LF or SCC above DM or STA (if they make it)
TheCaptain

Post by TheCaptain »

How many of you people are picking the seedings without even knowing how well all of these teams have played? I am guessing by looking at your posts there are alot of you have no clue about the teams except for a few of the toppers. I can't wait to see how the seedings play out in the games.
fan2007

Post by fan2007 »

I think I need to respond to someone saying Blake would get a top 4 seed above Mankato West.

West 7 Owatonna 0
Owatonna 7 Blake 4
West 3 Lourdes 1 - Lourdes 4 West 3
Lourdes 9 Blake 6

No question West would get a higher seed than Blake.

I would like to know what ER Empire thinks of West since I saw he was planning on attending the game last night. Maybe he can talk some sense into our resident southern Minnesota hockey basher BIAFP.

West should get the #4 seed and I believe they will get it. Sorry LF/SCC fans, but the bad losses on your below average schedule will speak loudly.
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

fan2007 wrote:I think I need to respond to someone saying Blake would get a top 4 seed above Mankato West.

West 7 Owatonna 0
Owatonna 7 Blake 4
Lourdes 9 Blake 6

I would like to know what ER Empire thinks of West since I saw he was planning on attending the game last night. Maybe he can talk some sense into our resident southern Minnesota hockey basher BIAFP.

West should get the #4 seed and I believe they will get it. Sorry LF/SCC fans, but the bad losses on your below average schedule will speak loudly.
The day West gets the 4 seed over Cathedral is the day I stop posting on here.
The U invented swagger.
fan2007

Post by fan2007 »

Can you convince BIAFP to make the same agreement? I think Southern Minnesota posters would throw a huge party if that genius would keep his thoughts to himself even if it is for one day. But then, what would he do to occupy his time? God knows he does not have a life of which to speak of.
DmnHawk5

Post by DmnHawk5 »

fan2007 wrote:I think I need to respond to someone saying Blake would get a top 4 seed above Mankato West.

West 7 Owatonna 0
Owatonna 7 Blake 4
Lourdes 9 Blake 6

Below average schedules..... SOS rankings #74 SCC #101 LF #119 Mankato West. There is no validity to your schedule argument, West has an easier schedule than any of them.
MSabrehockey33

Post by MSabrehockey33 »

West 7 Owatonna 0
Owatonna 7 Blake 4
Lourdes 9 Blake 6

What bad losses does SCC have??? And how does SCC have an easy schedule!?!?
Last edited by MSabrehockey33 on Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fan2007

Post by fan2007 »

Below average schedule yes, but they do not have a bad loss like the other two.
fan2007

Post by fan2007 »

Tech 6 SCC 1
Delano 3 SCC 2
Sauk Rapids 3 SCC 2
MSabrehockey33

Post by MSabrehockey33 »

fan2007 wrote:Tech 6 SCC 1
Delano 3 SCC 2
Sauk Rapids 3 SCC 2
I understand how Tech is bad... BUT

They had 58 shots against Delano, but unfortunately they were facing a HOT goalie
Sauk Rapids beat Denfeld

So really only one bad loss. Doesn't every team usually have a bad loss?
TheCaptain

Post by TheCaptain »

Goldy Gopher wrote:

West 7 Owatonna 0
Owatonna 7 Blake 4
Lourdes 9 Blake 6

Goldy....I thought you had alot of good thoughts to add to this "bored"...oh well, nice knowing you....maybe you can check back next year under a different name.[
Dog_Log17

Post by Dog_Log17 »

TheCaptain wrote:
Goldy Gopher wrote:

West 7 Owatonna 0
Owatonna 7 Blake 4
Lourdes 9 Blake 6

Goldy....I thought you had alot of good thoughts to add to this "bored"...oh well, nice knowing you....maybe you can check back next year under a different name.[
Nice knowing you Goldy, see ya!!
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

Dog_Log17 wrote:
TheCaptain wrote:
Goldy Gopher wrote: The day West gets the 4 seed over Cathedral is the day I stop posting on here.
Nice knowing you Goldy, see ya!!
I see the West faithful have come out in full force.
The U invented swagger.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Goldy Gopher wrote:

West 7 Owatonna 0
Owatonna 7 Blake 4
Lourdes 9 Blake 6

You will be held to that promise....
flatontheice

Post by flatontheice »

fan2007 wrote:Below average schedule yes, but they do not have a bad loss like the other two.
Look at the quality wins. That counts more in the seeding meeting. I think all of you will be surprised at who gets the #4 seed.
GinosAreGood

Post by GinosAreGood »

2. Little Falls
3. SCC
I always wondered why you bashed southern MN hockey. Reading this post you obviously are a kid from Little Falls. this is starting to make sense. here I thought you were a knowledgable hockey analyzer, when really you are a biased teenager who lives in Little Falls. It's ok, see if you can take the fan bus to the X and watch LF play the rest of the state so you can begin making objective comments.
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

GinosAreGood wrote:
2. Little Falls
3. SCC
I always wondered why you bashed southern MN hockey. Reading this post you obviously are a kid from Little Falls. this is starting to make sense. here I thought you were a knowledgable hockey analyzer, when really you are a biased teenager who lives in Little Falls. It's ok, see if you can take the fan bus to the X and watch LF play the rest of the state so you can begin making objective comments.
I have a feeling he is not a teenager or from Little Falls.

But he is very biased toward the north.
The U invented swagger.
GinosAreGood

Post by GinosAreGood »

1-3 (in no particular order) will probably be DM, STA, and Warroad
4 could be SCC, LF, or MW.
Blake/ 3A really dont have a shot at a seed.
If i had to GUESS, i'd take probably SCC. Unfortunatly, other coaches won't give West or Falls credit with their schedules
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

GinosAreGood wrote:1-3 (in no particular order) will probably be DM, STA, and Warroad
4 could be SCC, LF, or MW.
Blake/ 3A really dont have a shot at a seed.
If i had to GUESS, i'd take probably SCC. Unfortunatly, other coaches won't give West or Falls credit with their schedules
Isn't that for good reason?
The U invented swagger.