Edina Vs Cloquet 11am 3/6 xcel

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Edina
67%
Cloquet
33%

Total votes: 120

Zamboni Guy

Post by Zamboni Guy »

The Jacks need to squeak one through....
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

stickboy1956 wrote:I see the Warroad boys are officiating today - could they get payback for '69/Boucha???
Warroad people couldn't still be holding a grudge. Could they? :lol:
The only soft spot I see is the one between my legs
Zamboni Guy

Post by Zamboni Guy »

That was a dagger right there...tJacks will need to pull out a Section Semi like effort in the 3rd to even make this close.
Hockey Shananigans

Post by Hockey Shananigans »

Edina - 3
Cloquet - 0

16:21 SH Goal Edina Zach Budish
O-townClown

goal

Post by O-townClown »

watchdog wrote:running two lines against cec is pretty sad. form what i see ya better start dialing 911..
??

When announcers were talking about a PP to make it 2-1 I kept thinking it is more likely to be 3-0 at break.

Budish.
Be kind. Rewind.
scarface

Post by scarface »

A goal scorer's goal, shorty by Budish at the end of the second.....lights out
Kurdatz

Post by Kurdatz »

Edina shorthanded goal.

Jokinnen...stop farting around with it in the offesenive zone and being cute...Edina is a much better team thatn that.

Cloquet looks sluggish...is getting beat to the puck quite a bit. Lots of purple guys standing around watching stuff...not exactly an aggressive stance. I'm also seeing three guys bunched up on one side of the rink often as opposed to Edina's more fluent style of hockey.

Come on Cloquet...that last goal may have just broke your back unless you score the next one in the third!
Duluth Denfeld Alum
tUMD Alum
former sect 7 ref
Hockey Shananigans

Edina - 3
Cloquet - 0

After 2 Periods

Shots
Edina - 18
Cloquet - 19

Powerplays
Edina - 0-0
Cloquet - 0-2

Scoring Summary
1st Period
9:01 Goal Edina Joe Gleason Assists Derrick Caschetta

2nd Period
11:36 Goal Edina Connor Gaarder Assits Matt Leer and Jack Jorgesen
16:21 SH Goal Edina Zach Budish
GRhawky

Post by GRhawky »

Jokinen turns the puck over on the power play and Edina scores on a two on one with seconds left in the second.
5th Line Center

Post by 5th Line Center »

watchdog wrote:running two lines against cec is pretty sad. form what i see ya better start dialing 911..
When I saw Edina squeak by Burnsville, they didn't have that third line out there very often. Only a few times--like 4 or 5 the whole game--and it seemed that they put Anders Lee out there with them...
O-townClown

Cloquet looked good

Post by O-townClown »

2nd period play was all Cloquet, but Edina was opportunistic and converted some of the chances they couldn't in the first.

Game won't end before Marshall scores.
Be kind. Rewind.
GRhawky

Post by GRhawky »

Kurdatz wrote:Edina shorthanded goal.

Jokinnen...stop farting around with it in the offesenive zone and being cute...Edina is a much better team thatn that.

Cloquet looks sluggish...is getting beat to the puck quite a bit. Lots of purple guys standing around watching stuff...not exactly an aggressive stance. I'm also seeing three guys bunched up on one side of the rink often as opposed to Edina's more fluent style of hockey.

Come on Cloquet...that last goal may have just broke your back unless you score the next one in the third!
Yeah what the hell was that by Jokinen. That might have killed them. They needed to score on one of their many chances
Kurdatz

Post by Kurdatz »

GRhawky wrote:
Kurdatz wrote:Edina shorthanded goal.

Yeah what the hell was that by Jokinen. That might have killed them. They needed to score on one of their many chances
Ya, I don't know what the hell he was thinking, but that turnover was just plain UGLY...Jokinen isn't impressing me much, and that includes the 7AA playoffs and HES a Mr. Hockey finalist? I'm seeing some serious flaws here and this is the BIG dance.

The power play is Cloquest's friend. That much is plainly obvious. And for a second period that in my opinion, Cloquest had VERY good chances to score and played better than Edina, that's TOO soft a goal to just give to the Hornets. You don't survive in games long playing like that.

Cloquet needs to convert some of their many chances on the net into some goals. Edina is the better team, but Cloquet could still play with these guys as evidenced by the 2-0 score. That third goal may seal this deal unless the Jacks get the next goal and contain Edina's offense.
Duluth Denfeld Alum
tUMD Alum
former sect 7 ref
Zamboni Guy

Post by Zamboni Guy »

Time for tJacks to see if they can repeat the Section 7AA Semi's performance...
GRhawky

Post by GRhawky »

When your best two players Jokinen and Brown get more than one chance and can't frickin finish...thats tough
GRhawky

Post by GRhawky »

Zamboni Guy wrote:Time for tJacks to see if they can repeat the Section 7AA Semi's performance...
Which means the David Brown show needs to begin.

Edina 4
CEC 0
scarface

Post by scarface »

Gleason = 5 hole!!! This kid can dangle. Wish he was going to be a Gopher
Hockey Shananigans

Edina - 4
Cloquet - 0

4:09 Goal Edina Joe Gleason Assist Zach Budish
Zamboni Guy

Post by Zamboni Guy »

Joe Gleason pops in his second of the game after he burns past David Brown from CEC. 4-0 could be too much for the Jacks to come back from today...
Kurdatz

Post by Kurdatz »

4-0. Say good night Dick. This one is done. Again, I see more of Cloquet standing around and Edina is flying around the rink. At one point in the power play, 5 CEC guys were standing in their own end and Edina got two shots off. This isn't impressing me much. You can already see the defeatism in their style.
Duluth Denfeld Alum
tUMD Alum
former sect 7 ref
Zamboni Guy

Post by Zamboni Guy »

GRhawky wrote:
Zamboni Guy wrote:Time for tJacks to see if they can repeat the Section 7AA Semi's performance...
Which means the David Brown show needs to begin.

Edina 4
CEC 0
The David Brown Show must be just starting to feel the effects of the writers strike...
boblee

post 10152

Post by boblee »

Between Jokinen and Brown there have probably been 7 glorious scoring chances. Cloquet as a team probably has ten great scoring chances. They have no goals to show for it. Edina has had about 6 great scoring chances as a team and they have 4 to show for it. What does that tell you? Edina is getting better goaltending and knows how to capitalize. Edina looks poised for a great run this weekend.
scarface

Re: post 10152

Post by scarface »

boblee wrote:Between Jokinen and Brown there have probably been 7 glorious scoring chances. Cloquet as a team probably has ten great scoring chances. They have no goals to show for it. Edina has had about 6 great scoring chances as a team and they have 4 to show for it. What does that tell you? Edina is getting better goaltending and knows how to capitalize. Edina looks poised for a great run this weekend.
Don't forget the 2 shots by Edina off the Goalies friend
Kurdatz

Re: post 10152

Post by Kurdatz »

boblee wrote:Between Jokinen and Brown there have probably been 7 glorious scoring chances. Cloquet as a team probably has ten great scoring chances. They have no goals to show for it. Edina has had about 6 great scoring chances as a team and they have 4 to show for it. What does that tell you? Edina is getting better goaltending and knows how to capitalize. Edina looks poised for a great run this weekend.
My sentiments exactly. Edina is simply a much deeper club. Better skating, goaltending and quality scoring chances. You can't backcheck when you're standing still on the ice and I'm seeing a lot of that right now.

And from what I've seen, Edina is pretty much just using two lines, although that may change here in the middle third now.
Duluth Denfeld Alum
tUMD Alum
former sect 7 ref
Irishmans Shanty

Post by Irishmans Shanty »

Zamboni Guy wrote:Joe Gleason
Stud