Hill vs. Lakeville South

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

boblee

post 10078

Post by boblee »

I would say that people are giving Lakeville South about a 5-7% chance to win. I would raise that to about 25%. Hakan Yumusaklar is very, very good. I wouldn't be completely shocked if he gave his team a very good chance to win.
mnhighschoolhockeyfan92

Post by mnhighschoolhockeyfan92 »

why is lakeville south such a joke?

yes they finished sixth in the lake conference. but you all assume that they were blown out by those top 5 teams. NOT TRUE! burnsville was the only one to truly blown them out (7-2) and you can argue that jefferson did the first time. other than those two they tied eastview the first time, out shot eastview losing by one the second time, beat rosemount, carried a lead into the third against burnsville, and took eden prairie to overtime.

also you clame they are terrible because they started 6-9. what you dont know is they did this with out by far their biggest offensive threat (chris cass) and when yumusaklar was less the stellar.

please just answer this one question: why is lakeville south such a joke?
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

mnhighschoolhockeyfan92 wrote:please just answer this one question: why is lakeville south such a joke?
Not too many people around here know the honest truth because they haven't seen them... Me being one.

The assumption is that because they finished the regular season at .500 and that they're the best that Section 1 had to offer, they're not going to be taken as seriously.

Having said that though, mnhighschoolhockeyfan92, you need to look no further than last year to know that you can have all the opinions you want... none if it matters until Thursday night. No need to get all upset. Ask Rochester Century... they're still being talked about a year later.
Irishmans Shanty

Post by Irishmans Shanty »

postnin wrote:Posters should remember that it's the "State Hockey tourney" Not the top Eight tourney
Exactly, it never has been and never will be.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Lakeville's chances rest with their goaltender.
And if they take only ine perhaps two penalties and Hill takes 5 or 6.

Boblee is right, the tender is good.

I give LS - no chance.
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

H-M 4 Life wrote:How come people think that if South played Benilde they would get embarassed but if they play Hill they won't. I remember that Hill beat Benilde in the regular season.
Benilde must have had their top 5 players out with the flu. :lol:
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

Here is a little inspiration for all of those Lakeville fans out there. Fire up boys!

Why do you play the game?
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

too bad herm edwards sucks
DCwildcats

Post by DCwildcats »

Shanty should be all over this game - YES, IT CAN HAPPEN!

Recipe for an upset - Hot goalie, confident team (10-2-1 in last 13), no one giving team a chance, team has nothing to lose because of no expectations or pressure.

Favored team - goalie with past bad performances at state, alot of pressure to win, favored, not as tough of a schedule due to weaker conference.

LS 4 H-M 2
H-M 4 Life

Post by H-M 4 Life »

Fargo wrote:
H-M 4 Life wrote:How come people think that if South played Benilde they would get embarassed but if they play Hill they won't. I remember that Hill beat Benilde in the regular season.
Benilde must have had their top 5 players out with the flu. :lol:
Nice
tourneytickssince59

Post by tourneytickssince59 »

DCwildcats wrote:Shanty should be all over this game - YES, IT CAN HAPPEN!

Recipe for an upset - Hot goalie, confident team (10-2-1 in last 13), no one giving team a chance, team has nothing to lose because of no expectations or pressure.

Favored team - goalie with past bad performances at state, alot of pressure to win, favored, not as tough of a schedule due to weaker conference.

LS 4 H-M 2
HM is 11-1-1 in their last 13. I don't know that confidence wins many games (if any). I'll take skill. There should be no repeat of last year.

HM wins a tight one 5-3. Phillippi makes up for last year's performance.

He looked very confident against WBL and he is very skilled!
thorhockey

Post by thorhockey »

Hill's band and cheerleaders warming up for the "once a year required hockey game performance"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIUSN5FtKX0
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

elliott70 wrote:I give LS - no chance.
If that isn't the kiss of death I don't know what is.

South 4-2 en
The only soft spot I see is the one between my legs
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

Hill wins this one with experience, depth, and talent.

HM 3
LS 0
pepper brooks

Post by pepper brooks »

LS-3
HM-2

Hakan will stand on his head
BIAFP

Post by BIAFP »

BodyShots wrote:Hill wins this one with experience, depth, and talent.

HM 3
LS 0

Did they get some new transfers in this week 8)
Eagan Hockey

Post by Eagan Hockey »

LAkeville south has a chance if weber doesnt play his son.
Weber should also be developing some players. from the roster i saw they only have one sophmore on the team and from what i heard he has 3 seniors on 4th line. isn't the 4th line for sophmores to develop? Just wondering
Hillfan

Post by Hillfan »

Very originial BIAFP...I bet you came up with that yourself. :roll:

After all this talk, I'm interested to see Lakeville's goalie. While he must be good, so does Lakeville's defense. It will take a complete team effort for Lakeville to stay with the Pioneers in Thursday night's contest.
Pioneerprideguy

Post by Pioneerprideguy »

BIAFP wrote:
BodyShots wrote:Hill wins this one with experience, depth, and talent.

HM 3
LS 0

Did they get some new transfers in this week 8)
A great number of kids up north who are no longer playing hockey have applied, but it's too early to tell if they will be placed on Hill's roster before Thurs. 8)
Sauce2122

Post by Sauce2122 »

Eagan Hockey wrote:LAkeville south has a chance if weber doesnt play his son.
Weber should also be developing some players. from the roster i saw they only have one sophmore on the team and from what i heard he has 3 seniors on 4th line. isn't the 4th line for sophmores to develop? Just wondering
haha thats so true
Eagan Hockey

Post by Eagan Hockey »

Sauce2122 wrote:
Eagan Hockey wrote:LAkeville south has a chance if weber doesnt play his son.
haha thats so true

is it because thats what i heard. and i freshman on first line i dont even know his name. Who is he and is he any good?
HMWDBRY

Post by HMWDBRY »

Poor Imitation wrote:South is dangerous right now...11-2 or something like that in their last 13....rolled through their section outscoring the opp 20-0....Their Goalie, Yumusaklar is the best around, and now he and the cougars to get perform on teh big stage

Hill, and Phillippi buckle under pressure....

This game has UPSET written all over it

Goalie is hot, but not much of a section to come out of. I do agree that Hill didn't have that tough of a section either. I am going with Hill-4 LVS-2.
AVhockey876

Post by AVhockey876 »

ya its true. LS coach made alot of dumb decisions. He cut what could have been one of their top goal scorers, he plays his kid way to much, the kid can barely skate. And he kept seniors that he doesnt play, which he probably is pissed he did now because i heard a kid got a minor so now he has to play one of them.

Ya i wish my team was in their section, and they dont deserve to be at state. But we shouldnt rip on them for making it to state. Its not their fault they have a weak section, rip on who makes the section, not who wins the easy one.
Prodigy

Post by Prodigy »

To be honest, I have seen LS JV team and I didn't see a single player that deserved to be playing Varsity. The Freshman that plays is Brevig, and he deserves to be there, he will be good the next couple years. And AV, this senior "top scorer" you are talking about I hope is Cameron Nazz. I believe he had under 10 points last year and had two drug violations this offeseason that would of kept him out half the year anyways. I wouldn't want a like that on my team either
DasCondor

Post by DasCondor »

mnhighschoolhockeyfan92 wrote:why is lakeville south such a joke?

yes they finished sixth in the lake conference. but you all assume that they were blown out by those top 5 teams. NOT TRUE! burnsville was the only one to truly blown them out (7-2) and you can argue that jefferson did the first time. other than those two they tied eastview the first time, out shot eastview losing by one the second time, beat rosemount, carried a lead into the third against burnsville, and took eden prairie to overtime.

also you clame they are terrible because they started 6-9. what you dont know is they did this with out by far their biggest offensive threat (chris cass) and when yumusaklar was less the stellar.

please just answer this one question: why is lakeville south such a joke?
tonka beat them 6-0, hill should be close to that mabs 4-1