Hill vs. Lakeville South

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

pistol

Post by pistol »

What time are the kids from Erskine on TV, because BIAFP never makes the trip to see them in St. Paul.
Pioneerprideguy

Post by Pioneerprideguy »

pistol wrote:What time are the kids from Erskine on TV, because BIAFP never makes the trip to see them in St. Paul.
:lol: =D> \:D/
Cornbread

Post by Cornbread »

My state winner Lakeville, I have inside information! Put your money down on them.
hockiepuck

Post by hockiepuck »

AVhockey876 wrote:ya its true. LS coach made alot of dumb decisions. He cut what could have been one of their top goal scorers, he plays his kid way to much, the kid can barely skate. And he kept seniors that he doesnt play, which he probably is pissed he did now because i heard a kid got a minor so now he has to play one of them.

Ya i wish my team was in their section, and they dont deserve to be at state. But we shouldnt rip on them for making it to state. Its not their fault they have a weak section, rip on who makes the section, not who wins the easy one.
AVhockey876, you are an idiot. I bet you are not even good enough to sit in the student secton. Better luck next year !
Irishmans Shanty

Post by Irishmans Shanty »

DCwildcats wrote:Shanty should be all over this game - YES, IT CAN HAPPEN!
LS need not wait around for my endorsement, if you or anyone else believes it is a YES: game, then by all means, play the role.

The fact is, LS must defend to contend. Defending isn't sexy to watch and teams that do it are often misdiagnosed as ones who are bad or undeserving of success.

In January, I stated that their keeper is not only good but he is very poised on the ice. I saw him limit Jefferson to one point in 58 minutes. Maybe Jefferson's playoff run, or lack there of, suggests they didn't have enough finishers in their lineup. Whatever the case, I believe Hill does have finishers and LS will be under seige for stretches of this game. If they can ride the big Y for those stretches and get a couple points from the 20 shots they will get, the game could be in the balance come the third.
gopherhockey99

Post by gopherhockey99 »

all i know is anything is possible...LS has a chance and obviously must play nearly a perfect game or have big Y step up big. Go Cougars
Pioneerprideguy

The key to this game is if Hill can jump out to an early lead & whether or not the Lakeville kids skate with their breezers full. Hill knows what it's like to play at the X and be out in front of 16,000 people & this will all be new to Lakeville. Which ever team gets the handle of the situation first, will likely win the game.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

Pioneerprideguy wrote:The key to this game is if Hill can jump out to an early lead & whether or not the Lakeville kids skate with their breezers full. Hill knows what it's like to play at the X and be out in front of 16,000 people & this will all be new to Lakeville. Which ever team gets the handle of the situation first, will likely win the game.
One team is unproven at the X. The other has been proved, and it wasn't good! :lol:
The only soft spot I see is the one between my legs
tourneytickssince59

Post by tourneytickssince59 »

Neutron 14 wrote:
Pioneerprideguy wrote:The key to this game is if Hill can jump out to an early lead & whether or not the Lakeville kids skate with their breezers full. Hill knows what it's like to play at the X and be out in front of 16,000 people & this will all be new to Lakeville. Which ever team gets the handle of the situation first, will likely win the game.
One team is unproven at the X. The other has been proved, and it wasn't good! :lol:
Yes they are 9-12-1 overall inside of this bldg. The X has not been kind
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

Neutron 14 wrote:
Hill 3-1 at the X this season. Name another team that will finish the year with 7 games this season at the X.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

Sparlimb wrote:
Neutron 14 wrote:
Hill 3-1 at the X this season. Name another team that will finish the year with 7 games this season at the X.
Class A games don't count. Get back to your umbrella drinks... :lol:
The only soft spot I see is the one between my legs
tourneytickssince59

Post by tourneytickssince59 »

Sparlimb wrote:
Neutron 14 wrote:
That's good. Maybe the tide has turned
Pioneerprideguy

Neutron 14 wrote:
One team is unproven at the X. The other has been proved, and it wasn't good! :lol:[/quote]

We tried to get this week's games moved to the Coliseum but the league wouldn't go for it. :( Hill will arrive in St. Paul this week (like a true section #1 seed should) and will attempt improve on last year's showing.
BIAFP

Post by BIAFP »

Sparlimb wrote:
Hill 3-1 at the X this season. Name another team that will finish the year with 7 games this season at the X.[/quote]

The consolation round games aren't at the X :lol:
Eagan Hockey

Post by Eagan Hockey »

Prodigy wrote:To be honest, I have seen LS JV team and I didn't see a single player that deserved to be playing Varsity. The Freshman that plays is Brevig, and he deserves to be there, he will be good the next couple years. And AV, this senior "top scorer" you are talking about I hope is Cameron Nazz. I believe he had under 10 points last year and had two drug violations this offeseason that would of kept him out half the year anyways. I wouldn't want a like that on my team either

There is two kids that have over 35 points on lakeville south jv. One is john kloos and idk the other one. but 35+ points in a 22 games season is pretty good.
Prodigy

Post by Prodigy »

and kloos is on the roster right now and plays on the 4th line, I saw him playing in the section final. Hes average at best, too small and weak if you ask me but he is a sophomore so give hime time. Bottom Line, this isn't a time to be worried about getting JV kids experience. You put your best kids out there and try to win a game against a tough Hill Murray team.
Nostalgic Nerd

Post by Nostalgic Nerd »

Flood gates open. 8-1 Hill :!:
I can splash in the rink puddles!
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

Sparlimb wrote:
Neutron 14 wrote:
At least now Hill can have a moral victory by finishing at .500 at the X this year :lol:
Nostalgic Nerd

Post by Nostalgic Nerd »

Nostalgic Nerd wrote:Flood gates open. 8-1 Hill :!:
I'm still waiting for someone to laugh at my prediction. :lol:
I can splash in the rink puddles!
Eagan Hockey

Post by Eagan Hockey »

Prodigy wrote:and kloos is on the roster right now and plays on the 4th line, I saw him playing in the section final. Hes average at best, too small and weak if you ask me but he is a sophomore so give hime time. Bottom Line, this isn't a time to be worried about getting JV kids experience. You put your best kids out there and try to win a game against a tough Hill Murray team.

The other point is why would u have 2 to 3 seniors on 4th varsity
Eagan Hockey

Post by Eagan Hockey »

Prodigy do u know who that other kid is tho
Prodigy

Post by Prodigy »

maybe Gustaufson who is a junior, I saw limited JV action on South, just when I would come a bit early to the varsity games I would catch the 3rd of the JV. Gustaufson is on the 4th line as well and played JV the whole year, I'm pretty sure the 4th line has a sophomore, a junior and a senior. The 4th line will see 1 maybe 2 shifts on Thursday if there lucky...unless the game gets out of hand but I think Yumusaklar will keep it close
Eagan Hockey

Post by Eagan Hockey »

Prodigy wrote:maybe Gustaufson who is a junior, I saw limited JV action on South, just when I would come a bit early to the varsity games I would catch the 3rd of the JV. Gustaufson is on the 4th line as well and played JV the whole year, I'm pretty sure the 4th line has a sophomore, a junior and a senior. The 4th line will see 1 maybe 2 shifts on Thursday if there lucky...unless the game gets out of hand but I think Yumusaklar will keep it close

it wasent gustaufson because i think he pplayed with some bad kids. so idk who that kids is. but ya i am hoping for a upset by the cougars
Prodigy

Post by Prodigy »

Man, wouldn't that be great if they did upset Hill. Depends on what South team shows up. If its the team that played North in the section 1AA final that looked nervous and didn't want to make a mistake until they finally losened up in the 3rd period then I would say South has little chance but if its the South team that beat Rosemount, destoryed North twice, and tied Jefferson then I think they have a better chance than most people that haven't seen them play think. Records are always decieving... what was it, 2002? when Lakeville made it to state for the first time with a .500 record and took Hill to OT only to lose on a bad penalty call...and here eveyone thought that Lakeville was going to get blown out...sounds all to familiar to this year.
trojantommie

Post by trojantommie »

Wouldn't BIAFP (Basically I'm A Friggin Punk) hate it if Hill actually won a Tourny game after chirpping about 2 and out over and over and over and over again. :roll: :roll: :roll: