Everson, Budish, Lee

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

pondyplayer93

Everson, Budish, Lee

Post by pondyplayer93 »

A friend of mine told me he heard that these 3 were not returning for their senior year but instead going to the USHL. Does anyone know for sure?
Hill-Murray
St. Thomas
2008 Champs
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

If they win it all this weekend, that may put something totally different into the equation.

One factor not looked at is that both Budish & Lee are VERY good HS football players and enjoy football. Because of that factor, I do think that they will be back next year.
O-townClown

maybe, mebbe not

Post by O-townClown »

An NHL scout told me he thought they were. All this proves is that most people don't really know yet.
Be kind. Rewind.
Cabela10

Post by Cabela10 »

Why are so many kids skipping their senior years? It's not like the NHL is an american sport. It's more Canadian and European players.

They should stick around and enjoy the best tournament in the country.
northwoods oldtimer

???

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

Who are these 3 guys? Where do they play I have never heard of them? :P
Seriously hope they come back for their Senior run. High School is short enough.
O-townClown

why

Post by O-townClown »

Cabela10 wrote:Why are so many kids skipping their senior years? It's not like the NHL is an american sport. It's more Canadian and European players.

They should stick around and enjoy the best tournament in the country.
Cabela, college and NHL scouts do watch Minnesota HS. Sometimes they suggest kids play USHL so they develop more quickly. The number of MN HS-eligible players in the U has actually fallen recently.
Be kind. Rewind.
parrish4president

Post by parrish4president »

from friends at Edina, I have been told the three (aswell as others) made a pact to stay hornets ALL 4 YEARS

never thought I would say this, but Edina seems to be the model of how to run a respectable program and keep the kids home.
Royaltreatment

Post by Royaltreatment »

That's because they have coaching. When you actually have a coaching staff that teaches kids ,they don't leave. We seem to have solved that problem here in Woodbury, but for Hastings-Park-Mound's View, etc. this will continue until they find coach's that teach instead of scream.
hockeywatcher4

Post by hockeywatcher4 »

Ive talked to zach and i am certain he is not leaving.
The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

hockeywatcher4 wrote:Ive talked to zach and i am certain he is not leaving.
IMHO, Zach won't break the pact. If Edina wins it all this year and somebody else breaks the pact first...
The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

parrish4president wrote:from friends at Edina, I have been told the three (aswell as others) made a pact to stay hornets ALL 4 YEARS
Ummmm... Lee wasn't a Hornet last year. :wink:
parrish4president

Post by parrish4president »

The Exiled One wrote:
parrish4president wrote:from friends at Edina, I have been told the three (aswell as others) made a pact to stay hornets ALL 4 YEARS
fair enough, but my point is still clear, THEY ARENT LEAVING
hockeywatcher4

Post by hockeywatcher4 »

parrish4president wrote:
The Exiled One wrote:

THEY ARE GOING TO BE AROUND FOR ONE MORE YEAR, SORRY ALL YOU NON EDINA FANS.
O-townClown

yep

Post by O-townClown »

parrish4president wrote:
That's the answer today. But if things change someone might. Imagine the Blue Jackets select Lee in the 3rd Round and say, "we really want you to play in the U next year instead of another season of HS," it changes things. If Ted Donato tells Marshall, "I want you to contribute right away and think you need to play in the U," it could change things.

I hope they all return.
Be kind. Rewind.
DadsMoney

Post by DadsMoney »

the bottom line: these guys are all focused on one thing right now, and that is winning a state championship this season.
halla

Re: yep

Post by halla »

O-townClown wrote:
parrish4president wrote:
That's the answer today. But if things change someone might. Imagine the Blue Jackets select Lee in the 3rd Round and say, "we really want you to play in the U next year instead of another season of HS," it changes things. If Ted Donato tells Marshall, "I want you to contribute right away and think you need to play in the U," it could change things.

I hope they all return.
Am somewhat acquainted with a few of the families. While I certainly don't know anything for certain, I am going to say it will take something as significant as what O-Town is saying for them to decide not to come back (if even that).

Also, I did read a news report on Lee earlier this season in which he stated he was going to wait until after next football season to decide which sport to play in college.
joemagoo362

Post by joemagoo362 »

I'm an Edina student, and I'm 99.9% sure none of them are leaving.
chuckapuckguru

Post by chuckapuckguru »

that couldn't be less true. They're all staying. none of them need to develope so ushl is useless for them.
Dr. Feel Good

Post by Dr. Feel Good »

joemagoo362 wrote:I'm an Edina student, and I'm 99.9% sure none of them are leaving.
I <3 you Joe Mag. This guy knows.
chuckapuckguru

Re: yep

Post by chuckapuckguru »

O-townClown wrote:
parrish4president wrote:

I hope they all return.
just talked to everson and he says the harvard coach says its up to him if he wants to go to developement. he's staying
chuckapuckguru

Post by chuckapuckguru »

i got a question for you boys...
who wins, budish or GOD?
Trick Question BUDISH IS GOD

that goes for the other 2 also. theyre not too bad themselves
hockeywatcher4

Post by hockeywatcher4 »

Dr. Feel Good wrote:
joemagoo362 wrote:I'm an Edina student, and I'm 99.9% sure none of them are leaving.
I <3 you Joe Mag. This guy knows.

I love u dan b. and you joe mag!