Class A Tournament Recap

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

ap4mvp

Class A Tournament Recap

Post by ap4mvp »

Seedings, games, changes, and complaints about this year's class A tournament.
If you only knew the power of the dark side!
dherman8

Post by dherman8 »

Are you trying to bait the hook so people will say the seeding was wrong?
ap4mvp

Post by ap4mvp »

dherman8 wrote:Are you trying to bait the hook so people will say the seeding was wrong?
Not really that's been done before. What anybody wants to put best games, worse games etc.
If you only knew the power of the dark side!
dherman8

Post by dherman8 »

ap4mvp wrote:
dherman8 wrote:Are you trying to bait the hook so people will say the seeding was wrong?
Not really that's been done before. What anybody wants to put best games, worse games etc.
I'll lead it off with saying again that Little Falls was deserving of a four seed. Its funny reading all of these posts about how people were impressed and how they were even a top three team at state. Where was all of this talk earlier when it seemed like only me and Angus Young said they should get a four seed?
GopherPuckPlayer

Post by GopherPuckPlayer »

dherman8 wrote:
ap4mvp wrote:
I'll lead it off with saying again that Little Falls was deserving of a four seed. Its funny reading all of these posts about how people were impressed and how they were even a top three team at state. Where was all of this talk earlier when it seemed like only me and Angus Young said they should get a four seed?
Well this year it is well known now, that they should of, but didn't. I think the whole seeding system is FOBAR :roll:
Red ice sells hockey tickets.
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

All 8 should be seeded. Two years in a row Little Falls got the #1 seed, not fair in my book.

Best team won, no upsets, very good job seeding.
dherman8

Post by dherman8 »

The best game would have had to been the MW/DM or the STA/LF game.
deacon

Post by deacon »

dherman8 wrote:The best game would have had to been the MW/DM or the STA/LF game.
agreed. i thought everything else was fine, LF getting unlucky 2 years in a row drawing the #1 seed sucks but you have to beat the beat at some point i guess, they probably should have been seeded.
dherman8

Post by dherman8 »

deacon wrote:
dherman8 wrote:The best game would have had to been the MW/DM or the STA/LF game.
agreed. i thought everything else was fine, LF getting unlucky 2 years in a row drawing the #1 seed sucks but you have to beat the beat at some point i guess, they probably should have been seeded.
You're an STA fan, were you ever worried in the STA LF game?
deacon

Post by deacon »

dherman8 wrote:
deacon wrote:
You're an STA fan, were you ever worried in the STA LF game?
not really but i didn't like it when they tied it up. they were probably the next best team in the class A tournament, they played hard.
xcel554

Post by xcel554 »

Little Falls was not seeded because they lost to scc in the regular season. If they do not want to play the #1 team first. They should do better in the regular season to earn a seed.
LF FAN

Post by LF FAN »

Now explain to me how going 25-3 during the regular season is not good enough! Yes they lost SCC that hurt their seeding I believe. But are you telling me that they might have to go undefeated to get a seed. The section isn't that weak for pete'e sake. SCC, MW and LF could have recieved a seed, I believe they made the wrong chioce with SCC.
hawkfan70

Post by hawkfan70 »

LF FAN wrote:Now explain to me how going 25-3 during the regular season is not good enough! Yes they lost SCC that hurt their seeding I believe. But are you telling me that they might have to go undefeated to get a seed. The section isn't that weak for pete'e sake. SCC, MW and LF could have recieved a seed, I believe they made the wrong chioce with SCC.
sounds like a redo 8)
everyone back to St Paul and lets do it again :?
sinbin006

Post by sinbin006 »

hawkfan70 wrote:
LF FAN wrote:Now explain to me how going 25-3 during the regular season is not good enough! Yes they lost SCC that hurt their seeding I believe. But are you telling me that they might have to go undefeated to get a seed. The section isn't that weak for pete'e sake. SCC, MW and LF could have recieved a seed, I believe they made the wrong chioce with SCC.
sounds like a redo 8)
everyone back to St Paul and lets do it again :?
I'm game :P , but you'll have to call in dead to work for me :lol:
LetsPlayHockey22

Post by LetsPlayHockey22 »

deacon wrote:
That was a great game, Ben Hanowski showed why he is a D-1 player with his smooth hands. Best part was when he saluted the Cadets after his first goal.
BIAFP

Post by BIAFP »

Class A Recap

AA team wins JV title..............next question :roll:
Blue&Gold

Post by Blue&Gold »

LF needs to get a tougher schedule, and win. Seeding is important, no doubt. I would say that with who you play, and your record against teams that are there, you really can't complain. BTW, the CLC is a joke. You have to beat better teams than St. Cloud Tech and Apollo to argue your case.

Enough of the crying and get ready for next season. Get better teams to play against, and beat them. (This is exactly what was killing SCC a few years ago, but Johnson came in and got better opponents.)

BTW, you played SCC and lost, you really can't say that you would beat them now as you didn't get that chance.