So...now what?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

windtomyback

Post by windtomyback » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:17 pm

GOLF! GOLF! A little spring hockey. GOLF! GOLF! A little summer hockey GOLF. Dryland. and finally GOLF.

mainefan

Post by mainefan » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:05 am

Thanks for this forum Lee. It certainly makes the season exciting.

DmanDad1980

Post by DmanDad1980 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:35 am

Golf, Golf, Golf, love golf...

Coach some fastpitch, coach some summer league girls hockey, help my kids w/ off-season training, and spend time this summer w/ family...

Watch some Wild playoff hockey (may be short session), listen to some Twins on the radio while doing yard work, get ready for fall hunting, then hockey begins again... :D

Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:50 am

Top priority is finishing out this semester.

After that you might be able to find, George, Teko or myself riding lawn mowers all summer long.
The U invented swagger.

pacman

Post by pacman » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:11 am

Next, Hope the Twins do something worth a damn this season, Look Forward to a Promising Vikings Season hopefully, Hope the Wolves End on a Strong Note, Hop the Wild make the playoffs, Hope the Gophers Basketball,Hockey,and Football Squads do good, and Dont forget, July Marks the Start of Summer Hockey!

watchdog

Post by watchdog » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:37 am

i still run with my kids during the summer with some hockey. however its much diffrent i dont think about hockey much its just something we do a week here and there. i like to golf alittle,metal detecting,collect a few hockey cards,loss the winter fat,fish and alot of grouse hunting come fall. so everyone have a great off season.

packerboy

Post by packerboy » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:58 am

Follow High School baseball.

Golf as much as possible.

Bass fishin.

Got to some Twins games.

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:19 pm

Work, coach, work...

check PB's heart rate,

work, work,

work,

and write.

Work some more, drive to Park Rapids and coach, a little more coaching and then rest a day.

:D

Congrats to Hill and STA, and all the other great, good, mediocre and bad teams.

darkdemon

Post by darkdemon » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:26 pm

Fishing
Baseball
Golf (i'm really bad)
Women
Drinking
oh yeah and that thing they call work :lol:
The DEMON

ap4mvp

Post by ap4mvp » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:11 pm

Beer league softball
If you only knew the power of the dark side!

boblee

post 10165

Post by boblee » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:32 pm

One of the most enjoyable seasons for me in a long time. My Rapids club didn't have the greatest of year's, but hey, it happens. I was able to attend the full slate of AA girl's quarterfinals and attend the state title game where my Grand Rapids/Greenway Lightning fell just short of their first title. I thought that would be my highlight of the year.

This last weekend I was able to watch all of the quarterfinals and then see all the semi-finals in person. Duluth Marshall and Warroad was a lot of fun as a northern native and I had a bit of liking for St. Cloud Cathedral because I had a roundabout connection to T.J. Poganski. Of course, STA is a lot of fun to watch. Walters was awesome and I enjoyed watching the Vannelli kid skate. The AA semis were something else. I has row 1 tickets in section 101. Just between the goal line and the hash marks to the goalie's left in the home defensive zone. Down at the state tournament for the third straight year and third time total, but I seemed to have more fun without a cheering alliance. That Edina-BSM game was something special to see in person and the Hill-Murray-Roseau game may have been more special. It was a blast. I then watched the A title game on TV, but missed the AA title.

I was able to attend my first ever Gopher-Bulldogs game on Saturday night and I was able to see Patrick White play in person for the first time since the 2007 State Title game. It was a great game in front of a packed house. Plenty of fighting, offense, defense and great fans. The Gophers came up short, but maybe ended up with their best possibly playoff draw.

All in all it has been a great year. I'll be getting myself ready for old man's slow pitch softball this summer and coaching VFW Baseball for Grand Rapids. I look forward to continuing meeting the "bored" faithful and just because high school hockey is done I hope people don't take a "bored" hiatus. There is plenty of great college and pro hockey left to be talked about. Not to mention how fun the offseason can be. Be sure to visit the cafe. You will see a lot of MN Twins talk in there.

Thanks again, Lee.

Another great year in the books!

goldy313

Post by goldy313 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:39 pm

It used to be an easy answer, the Twins until HS football season started and officiating takes over. Last year the Twins moved to KSTP, a station I can't get, and I attended only 3 Twins games which is probably the least amount I've attended in 30 years aside from the years I was in the Army. I also only watched a handfull on tv, given the Dome is bout a 180 mile round trip trek and gas will be $4 a gallon this summer I doubt I'll see any Twins games this season which is kind of sad considering I've been a Twins fan all of my life.

I noticed about 3 years ago when gas started going up that I didn't go as often as I would have liked and started going to Rochester Royals games. I've become kind of fond of Townball and will likely spend my summer watching that. For $10 I get a ticket, 3 games of raffle Bingo and a couple of beers, not a bad deal and I've come to like a Royals/Austin Greyhounds game more than a Twins/Yankees game.

Townball season ends about the time HS football starts and I get busy enough with that 3 days a week until hockey gets going. I also like to camp, golf, and fish but I think gas prices will hold those activities down quite a bit this summer for me. I'll probably spend time on the porch listening to Indians games on the radio just like my grandfather did in the '50's and 60's.

slapshooter

7,492nd post by SS since Feb 27th 2002 ~Just like I said~

Post by slapshooter » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:48 pm

=P~ :arrow: I will just continue being =P~ :arrow: SImageS :arrow: UNDEFEATED :arrow: 2ImageImage8 :arrow: (...a legend in his Imagewn miImagend ...) Image

rams80

Re: 7,492nd post by SS since Feb 27th 2002 ~Just like I said

Post by rams80 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:51 pm

slapshooter wrote:=P~ :arrow: I will just continue being =P~ :arrow: SImageS :arrow: UNDEFEATED :arrow: 2ImageImage8 :arrow: (...a legend in his Imagewn miImagend ...) Image

At what? :roll:

slapshooter

7,493rd post by SS since Feb 27th 2002 ~What'd I tell ya?~

Post by slapshooter » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:01 pm

=P~ :arrow: At this! :arrow: rams8ImageImage
=P~ :arrow: SImageS :arrow: UNDEFEATED :arrow: 2ImageImage8 :arrow: (...a legend in his Imagewn miImagend ...) Image

packerboy

Post by packerboy » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:15 pm

For those of you who dont know slapshooter, what he does in the off season is he gives that rotating brain of his a rest and puts it back in his head so it does not interfere with his golf swing, as shown below.

Old SS is quit the player so dont play him for money and if you do, dont give him any shots.

rams80

Post by rams80 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:16 pm

As usual Slapshooter..............same old, same old.....nothin :roll:

AngusYoung

Re: 7,493rd post by SS since Feb 27th 2002 ~What'd I tell ya

Post by AngusYoung » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:20 pm

slapshooter wrote:
=P~ :arrow: At this! :arrow: rams8ImageImage
=P~ :arrow: SImageS :arrow: UNDEFEATED :arrow: 2ImageImage8 :arrow: (...a legend in his Imagewn miImagend ...) Image
C'mon Rams, we all know the shooter is undefeated at continuing his curse of the team he hitches his wagon to. With Roseau this year and Moorhead for who knows how many years he is @ least 6-0 at never producing a correct Champion. :roll: Congrats - I can see why Rams80 is not happy with you! :evil:

AY 8)

Govs93

Post by Govs93 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:20 pm

goldy313 wrote:It used to be an easy answer, the Twins until HS football season started and officiating takes over. Last year the Twins moved to KSTP, a station I can't get, and I attended only 3 Twins games which is probably the least amount I've attended in 30 years aside from the years I was in the Army. I also only watched a handfull on tv, given the Dome is bout a 180 mile round trip trek and gas will be $4 a gallon this summer I doubt I'll see any Twins games this season which is kind of sad considering I've been a Twins fan all of my life.

I noticed about 3 years ago when gas started going up that I didn't go as often as I would have liked and started going to Rochester Royals games. I've become kind of fond of Townball and will likely spend my summer watching that. For $10 I get a ticket, 3 games of raffle Bingo and a couple of beers, not a bad deal and I've come to like a Royals/Austin Greyhounds game more than a Twins/Yankees game.

Townball season ends about the time HS football starts and I get busy enough with that 3 days a week until hockey gets going. I also like to camp, golf, and fish but I think gas prices will hold those activities down quite a bit this summer for me. I'll probably spend time on the porch listening to Indians games on the radio just like my grandfather did in the '50's and 60's.
Do the Royals play at the same park the Aces used to play in? I think it was right on some railroad tracks or something? That was my first baseball "road trip" with my buddies. That summer after we graduated we saw the Saints take them on in the Northern League Championship series. It was a great time.

slapshooter

7,494th post by SS since Feb 27th 2002~See what I mean?~

Post by slapshooter » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:31 pm

rams80

Re: 7,494th post by SS since Feb 27th 2002~See what I mean?~

Post by rams80 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:33 pm

slapshooter wrote:=P~ :arrow: SImageS :arrow: UNDEFEATED :arrow: 2ImageImage8 :arrow: (...a legend in his Imagewn miImagend ...) Image

Still nothin? :roll:

slapshooter

7,495th post by SS since Feb 27th 2002~See what I mean?~

Post by slapshooter » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:39 pm

=P~ :arrow: And this! :arrow: Fungus WrImageng :arrow:ImageImage

slapshooter

7,496th post by SS since Feb 27th 2002~'Tanks Again'~

Post by slapshooter » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:57 pm

=P~ :arrow: Anyway, 'TImageNKS' again for the great season Mitch and Lee! :arrow: ImageImage
=P~ :arrow: SImageS :arrow: UNDEFEATED :arrow: 2ImageImage8 :arrow: (...a legend in his Imagewn miImagend ...) Image :arrow: Image

snowtahockey4

Post by snowtahockey4 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:19 pm

Well now that hockey's over, the lacrosse season is just startin up and in the summer i play lacrosse, hockey.... and of course boatin/swimmin on the lake

pondyplayer93

Post by pondyplayer93 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:26 pm

is there a website with state tourney pictures?
Hill-Murray
St. Thomas
2008 Champs