What was your most memorable moment of this years tournament

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

pioneers

Post by pioneers »

I got a big kick out of the little kids playing between periods. In one game, when a kid scored, he did the down on one knee and the arm pump. Thought that was hilarious.
Last edited by pioneers on Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stpaulpuck

Post by stpaulpuck »

One great memory for me (and pleasant surprise) was how entertaining Mankato West and Little Falls were. Fast, solid teams that could hang with most anyone in either class.

I'm guessing the Irishman was disappointed with the results in A and the lack of success from emerging teams, cuz I thought the overall level of play reached another new high. Litchfield was the only team that was over-matched and they played like no one told them.
dherman8

Post by dherman8 »

stpaulpuck wrote:One great memory for me (and pleasant surprise) was how entertaining Mankato West and Little Falls were. Fast, solid teams that could hang with most anyone in either class.

I'm guessing the Irishman was disappointed with the results in A and the lack of success from emerging teams, cuz I thought the overall level of play reached another new high. Litchfield was the only team that was over-matched and they played like no one told them.
The salute made me laugh
stpaulpuck

Post by stpaulpuck »

That salute was funny and another good moment - probably worked against LF, though. I thinkin' the Cadets took it personal.
SiouxRecruit

Re: Hill 3 - Roseau 2

Post by SiouxRecruit »

the one to love wrote:
Trashman wrote:
northwoods oldtimer wrote:Waiting around Excel for the Refs to decide if the Roseau goal would stand (tick tok) than to have the Ref signal goal.... the crowd goes nuts. Only to have the Off Ice Official kindly remind the referee that it was disallowed, quite a turn of events to take in live in St. Paul. Not seeing any replay on it at all and not arguing the call it just would have been a hell of a game the last 10 minutes had it gone 3-2. And now will be talked about for years to come as a wild turn of events in our great annual Minnesota tournament.
The ref did not signal goal. He pointed to the spot where the faceoff was going to be, however he should have waved off the goal first.
That is correct. After talking with the linesman who was lining that game personally, it turns out that the supervisor upstairs had told the ref not to give the washout signal, but to point to where the face-off would be at.
Thats a good way to kill a team mentally.... :shock:
Catch me On YouTube @ FishOnLuke
tjkhavgam

Post by tjkhavgam »

the cadets fans i thought were pretty hilarious when they had everyone doing all the different kinds of waves
deacon

Post by deacon »

dherman8 wrote:
stpaulpuck wrote:One great memory for me (and pleasant surprise) was how entertaining Mankato West and Little Falls were. Fast, solid teams that could hang with most anyone in either class.

The salute made me laugh
it was bad timing. would have been better if it was a go ahead goal. all it did was piss off STA. oh, and they lost game.
HoundHockeyForever

Post by HoundHockeyForever »

Top 5

5. When a warroad kid got got checked backwards into the little box between the benches where the cameramen where. That was pretty funny.
4. Gleason's first end-to-end goal, the five-hole.
3. Gleason's other end-to-end goal, the backhand upper shelf.
2. Cloquet going 2 and out :P
1. Edina-BSM game.. one of the best ever
Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad »

I enjoyed the salute very much. Alas, the better team did prevail in that game, but it was good to see the Flyers at least give them a little scare. You could see it in the shaky play of Altrichter. My fondest memory of the tourney, though, was that LF finally earned the cred that they deserve. And, IMVHO, they could very well be the second best team in Class A this year. Congrats to STA and Hill Murray for fantastic runs through the tourney (especially H-M, flew under the Edina/Roseau radar all season). I was also very impressed with BSM. They were very entertaining in every game they played in. Very good team.
boblee

post 10159

Post by boblee »

I think the most memorable moment for me was sending photo messages back to someone I was competing with in state brackets during the Hill-Murray vs. Roseau game. In that game specifically, it was when Furne (I believe) came in on a breakaway and beat Mike Lee to make it 4-1 Hill-Murray. I was seated in row 1 between the goal line and the hash to Mike Lee's left. After the Furne goal, he turned and did a big first pump celebration right in front of us. It was a moment I won't soon forget. Also, to see the way the Pioneers celebrated that semi-final win was something special.
boblee

post 10160

Post by boblee »

It also may have been that during the overtime intermission I looked at the person I was with and texted two of my buddies at the game and said "Everson wins it for Edina." Both my buddies text back and said Zierke would win it for BSM. One of them said if Edina happened to win it would be Gleason. When Everson put the puck in on the back door I simply said, "Next question."
AngusYoung

Post by AngusYoung »

Wow, what a soothsayer. You must have a lot of posts.... :roll:

AY 8)
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

Let's not get nuts here.
The U invented swagger.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Having PB and ChrisK buy me beers....

Sitting with Sioux Recruit for about a period....

Spending time with my son....

Seeing 12 games in 3 days....

Seeing great teams win the championships....

Seeing great and good players making wonderful plays....

Seeing a lot of old friends and making new ones....

Cheering for Roso when they were not playing....

Past Indians little (but getting bigger) girl and I putting on our hockey helmets, glasses, goalie masks and anything else that delighted her....

Our C36 section fans, Iowa, GR, Cloquet boys plus the Greyhound, the old Nashwauk guy, Luke, Matt & Robb.

:D
Made my life a lot better....
PASTRAPIDSFAN

Post by PASTRAPIDSFAN »

elliott70 wrote:Having PB and ChrisK buy me beers....

Past Indians little (but getting bigger) girl and I putting on our hockey helmets, glasses, goalie masks and anything else that delighted her....

Our C36 section fans, Iowa, GR, Cloquet boys plus the Greyhound, the old Nashwauk guy, Luke, Matt & Robb.

I agree elliott it was a blast and I cant wait till next year.
Dominator55

Post by Dominator55 »

Watching Everson dig the puck out of his skates and muscle it into the net vs. Benilde in Overtime. Best game I have ever been too. The Edina student section went wild. Wasn't surprised Everson scored it either.
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

these

I will never forget
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20
davey

Post by davey »

elliott70 wrote:Having PB and ChrisK buy me beers....

As a parent of two kids in the tourney for the first time.
1. Seeing my boys photo on the big scoreboard during first game intros
2. Watching one of the boys score the first goal of the 2008 State Tourney.
3.Watching the other kid make save after save against DM.
The BSM vs Edina game. One of the best games I have seen up there. Everyone talked up Edina's first line, but I thought BSM first line was awesome the whole game.
ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

-Watching Little Falls give St. Thomas a whale of a game while hanging out with one of my old classmates. Reading about the salute here on the board after the game, then checking out the video and getting a good chuckle.

-Heading to the X on Thursday morning to see the first AA game. Bumping into some old tourney buddies, sitting with 'em in the club level and laughing and joking with the guys standing behind us.

-Hanging out with PB, Elliott, Mark and his son at the Liffey Thursday afternoon. Giving the unfortunately absent Videoscout a shoutout through Mark's phone. Talking with Elliott and his son about the Sargents after the game Thursday night.

-Watching Roseau put on a show against Blaine Thursday night.

-Calling my friend Max, who went to the tourney with me last year, while freezing outside the Liffey looking at the X and hearing him say from warm, sunny Tampa that he wished he was there.

-The Benilde-Edina game.

-Chatting with Craig in between games Friday night. He was right about Hill.

-Having a great conversation with two brand new friends at the Liffey before the game Saturday night.

-Watching Hill put the clamps on the Hornets.

-Calling Sparlimb to congratulate him on the Hill championship.

-The drunken idiot who stumbled into the Liffey after the game Saturday night, pushed his way through me and others sitting at the bar and demanded that they sell him a full bottle of Jagermeister, right there and right now. He didn't like it when the bartender told him all he could do was sell him 16 shots and liked it even less when I smartly chimed in that that would include a funnel to pour the shots back into the bottle. Fortunately, I didn't have anything else to say but it wasn't easy holding my tongue.

Another wonderful tournament, it was a blast meeting and hanging out with a lot of great people while watching some great hockey. You really can't ask for more.
It's hard to win when you always lose.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

One memory that I hope to soon forget:

Arriving Thursday morning for the first AA game, and walking down to our seats we see two ushers cleaning up a mess right where we were going to sit. It turned out that some punk drunk in the row behind had just vomited all over our seats. He had already been dismissed from the arena but left behind a lingering sick smell of cherry vodka.
i play hockey

Post by i play hockey »

the fact that the AA session on Saturday

had more fans than the wild game on Sunday
myhockey

Post by myhockey »

Watching the Roseau Rams play in the Xcel. They are a class act and they will be back again.
boblee

post 10172

Post by boblee »

myhockey wrote:Watching the Roseau Rams play in the Xcel. They are a class act and they will be back again.
You must not have been sitting by their fans Friday night...
BIAFP

Re: post 10172

Post by BIAFP »

boblee wrote:
myhockey wrote:Watching the Roseau Rams play in the Xcel. They are a class act and they will be back again.

And who could blame them after watching the UNofficiating that took place :roll:
PuckTime

Re: post 10172

Post by PuckTime »

BIAFP wrote:
boblee wrote:

And who could blame them after watching the UNofficiating that took place :roll:
No excuse for classless behavior.
SEE YOU AT THE RINK