Eddy to SCSU

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

komada77

Eddy to SCSU

Post by komada77 »

David Eddy, senior forward from Woodbury, recently committed to St. Cloud State. He finished his senior season with 68 points and a state consolation championship, having led the Royals to their first and second state tourney appearances in school history int he last 2 years. Congrats to David and good luck.
Everyone hates private schools (and Edina)!!
The Exiled One

Re: Eddy to SCSU

Post by The Exiled One »

komada77 wrote:David Eddy, senior forward from Woodbury, recently committed to St. Cloud State. He finished his senior season with 68 points and a state consolation championship, having led the Royals to their first and second state tourney appearances in school history int he last 2 years. Congrats to David and good luck.
Source?
komada77

Post by komada77 »

The Exiled One wrote:
komada77 wrote:David Eddy, senior forward from Woodbury, recently committed to St. Cloud State. He finished his senior season with 68 points and a state consolation championship, having led the Royals to their first and second state tourney appearances in school history int he last 2 years. Congrats to David and good luck.
Source?
As reliable as it can get
The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

komada77 wrote:
The Exiled One wrote:
Source?
As reliable as it can get
Okay then David, where are you playing next season? :wink:
komada77

Post by komada77 »

He told me he's playing at st. cloud
The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

komada77 wrote:He told me he's playing at st. cloud
They're pretty full at forward next season, but they need about three more for 2009. I suppose he could be brought in to replace an early departure, but I would otherwise assume he'd be asked to play a year in the USHL. If David can crack this lineup with regular minutes...

Brent Borgen
Michael Olson
Ryan Lasch
Andreas Nodl (going pro?)
Ryan Peckscamp (often a healthy scratch)
Aaron Marvin
Tony Mosey
Nick Oslund
Garrett Roe
Mitch Ryan (walk-on)
Brian Volpei
Jordy Christian
Jared Festler
Drew LeBlanc
Travis Novak

...then more power to him!! There's a lot of talent there, so he'll have his work cut out for him.
komada77

Post by komada77 »

The Exiled One wrote:
They're pretty full at forward next season, but they need about three more for 2009. I suppose he could be brought in to replace an early departure, but I would otherwise assume he'd be asked to play a year in the USHL. If David can crack this lineup with regular minutes...

Brent Borgen
Michael Olson
Ryan Lasch
Aaron Marvin
Tony Mosey
Nick Oslund
Garrett Roe
Mitch Ryan (walk-on)
Brian Volpei
Jordy Christian
Jared Festler
Drew LeBlanc
Travis Novak

...then more power to him!! There's a lot of talent there, so he'll have his work cut out for him.
He's playing USHL, Omaha I believe
wild77

St cloud

Post by wild77 »

I would be surprised if he was playing in St Cloud next year. I could be wrong, but they have a lot of forwards coming in already. They have 17 forwards right now counting Sanson and Brocklehurst who play both forward and defense. They'll lose 4 senior forwards (includes Brocklehurst) and they will probably lose Nodl. That's 5 forwards that will be gone. They have 4 that have already signed LOIs so they are at 16. Even if Swanson goes to defense full time next year they will still have 5 forward lines, which is a lot. You have to remember all these guys need to practice. I don't see how he could be going next year...I am not sure if he could even go in 2009 as they only will lose 2 forwards then and may have 2 coming already. Only time will tell
The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

komada77 wrote:
The Exiled One wrote:

Brent Borgen
Michael Olson
Ryan Lasch
Aaron Marvin
Tony Mosey
Nick Oslund
Garrett Roe
Mitch Ryan (walk-on)
Brian Volpei
Jordy Christian
Jared Festler
Drew LeBlanc
Travis Novak

He's playing USHL, Omaha I believe
He's not on their protected list (or any protected list), but Omaha is doing fantastic next year, so that's a good place to land. Assuming they might leave early, he could potentially be teammates with future Husky Ben Hanowski, future Sioux Danny Mattson, as well as Brainerd's Frazer and Olson. Another likely teammate of his would be Quebec native Louis Leblanc, who is a very highly anticipated import planning to play NCAA hockey. The NTDP's Danny Kristo is protected by Omaha, but I think he may be accelerating his studies. I'm not sure on that one.
Bouchard92

Post by Bouchard92 »

Congrats to David, hes a great player. After watching him throughout the year it is obvious that he can do great things with the puck.

I also heard that hes going to play for Omaha next season.
The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

RedLineReport

Post by RedLineReport »

Great pick up by Motzko. I see him playing a few years of USHL prior to his collegiate currier.
darkdemon

Post by darkdemon »

The Exiled One wrote:

Brent Borgen
Michael Olson
Ryan Lasch
Aaron Marvin
Tony Mosey
Nick Oslund
Garrett Roe
Mitch Ryan (walk-on)
Brian Volpei
Jordy Christian
Jared Festler
Drew LeBlanc
Travis Novak

Peckscamp won't see the ice next year with the new recruits SCSU is moving in next year. He is just filling in till the recruits arrive.
The DEMON
greenbandit

Eddy

Post by greenbandit »

Congrats...it's going to be tough...many players - can't believe they have room!! Eddy will be just fine though..It is going to be hard to have to wait a few years to play!! He would have looked better out West WCHA or the CCHA..
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

congrats :D