Rosaeu Rams 08-09

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

GolferRam07

Post by GolferRam07 »

I agree that the Rams defense will need help, they are basically left with kids that have a year of varsity experience (state experience as well), but that alone will not help them because from what I have seen they are not fast enough nor big enough to compete with a team like Hill had this year.[/quote]
5th Line Center

Post by 5th Line Center »

GolferRam07 wrote:I agree that the Rams defense will need help, they are basically left with kids that have a year of varsity experience (state experience as well), but that alone will not help them because from what I have seen they are not fast enough nor big enough to compete with a team like Hill had this year.
[/quote]

Well, let's not throw them under the bus. It isn't like Hill was the first team to try to rough them up. Normally, however, the Rams had an answer--it's called a 30%+ powerplay. Their power play wasn't getting it done this time against Hill, and they consequently panicked and got away from disciplined play. We'll never know--and, it doesn't matter at this point--but I believe the boys were actually better than Hill and would have won a series.

So, defense is a weakness...how about putting some hot-shot forward, perhaps one with some size and great stickhandling skills back on D. (It helps if he skates backwards well, too! :lol: ) Heck, look at Gardiner, before this year he played how many games on defense? Not too many...but he was a huge asset for Tonka.
GolferRam07

Post by GolferRam07 »

Well, let's not throw them under the bus. It isn't like Hill was the first team to try to rough them up. Normally, however, the Rams had an answer--it's called a 30%+ powerplay. Their power play wasn't getting it done this time against Hill, and they consequently panicked and got away from disciplined play. We'll never know--and, it doesn't matter at this point--but I believe the boys were actually better than Hill and would have won a series.

So, defense is a weakness...how about putting some hot-shot forward, perhaps one with some size and great stickhandling skills back on D. (It helps if he skates backwards well, too! ) Heck, look at Gardiner, before this year he played how many games on defense? Not too many...but he was a huge asset for Tonka.

I wasn't throwing them under the bus, but as for a forward coming back to play 'D' if Landman is still around I would like to see what he could do back there. I know he is a workhorse and will benefit the team wherever he is placed, but you might see a player like Kevin Erickson move back, he has speed as well as the ability to put the puck in the net.

[/quote]
OGEE OGELTHORPE

Post by OGEE OGELTHORPE »

UpNorthStars wrote:Would you say that roso's future looks brighter? After getting completly outclassed by the cities teams this year?
I would say the futue of hockey in Roseau looks very bright. Rinks full of kids of all ages dreaming of a chance to compete at the X for there community. After all isn't that what it's all about?

I wouldn't say they were outclassed by the City teams, I would say they were out played. Hopefully they learn from it, and do what it takes to have a chance in the future.

I would suggest dropping a single A team such as Warroad from the schedule and playing some quality AA teams.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

OGEE OGELTHORPE wrote:
UpNorthStars wrote:Would you say that roso's future looks brighter? After getting completly outclassed by the cities teams this year?
I would say the futue of hockey in Roseau looks very bright. Rinks full of kids of all ages dreaming of a chance to compete at the X for there community. After all isn't that what it's all about?

I wouldn't say they were outclassed by the City teams, I would say they were out played. Hopefully they learn from it, and do what it takes to have a chance in the future.

I would suggest dropping a single A team such as Warroad from the schedule and playing some quality AA teams.
Perfect assessment OGEE!
The only soft spot I see is the one between my legs
5th Line Center

Neutron 14 wrote:
OGEE OGELTHORPE wrote:

Perfect assessment OGEE!
Okay, it would be stupid to drop a Warroad game from the schedule. Warroad is almost always a good game, even on "down" years--and they are 20 miles away--if anything play them another time, like in a scrimmage, if nothing else. Also, I think they could play teams like GF Red River or Central more than once, whichever team is better on a given year. Gotta play the good teams that are close by...

Since I live in "da cities," I would love to see them make another trip down here to beat up on some spoiled city kids. I realize that it is expensive--and it sucks staying in hotels (I hate it at least...maybe the kids don't). Somehow, they have to entice a couple of good city teams to make the drive up North...and they'll learn what it is like to sit on a bus for 8 hours and then try to perform with cramped legs. Most teams wouldn't fare so well...
OGEE OGELTHORPE

Post by OGEE OGELTHORPE »

5th Line Center wrote:
Neutron 14 wrote:
OGEE OGELTHORPE wrote: I would say the futue of hockey in Roseau looks very bright. Rinks full of kids of all ages dreaming of a chance to compete at the X for there community. After all isn't that what it's all about?

Perfect assessment OGEE!
Okay, it would be stupid to drop a Warroad game from the schedule. Warroad is almost always a good game, even on "down" years--and they are 20 miles away--if anything play them another time, like in a scrimmage, if nothing else. Also, I think they could play teams like GF Red River or Central more than once, whichever team is better on a given year. Gotta play the good teams that are close by...

Since I live in "da cities," I would love to see them make another trip down here to beat up on some spoiled city kids. I realize that it is expensive--and it sucks staying in hotels (I hate it at least...maybe the kids don't). Somehow, they have to entice a couple of good city teams to make the drive up North...and they'll learn what it is like to sit on a bus for 8 hours and then try to perform with cramped legs. Most teams wouldn't fare so well...
OK, the Warroad part went over your head :lol: how long have you been in "da cities"
5th Line Center

OGEE OGELTHORPE wrote:
5th Line Center wrote:
Neutron 14 wrote: Perfect assessment OGEE!

OK, the Warroad part went over your head :lol: how long have you been in "da cities"
Ah, you got me! A little ribbing to the boys down the road... :lol: