Select 16 Teams

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

irish99

Select 16 Teams

Post by irish99 »

Anyone have each sections team for Select 16s???
irish99

Post by irish99 »

Select 16 Team – 7A/AA

# NAME POSITION TEAM
4 YOUSO D INT FALLS
7 HENDRICKSON F VIRGINIA
8 JUDNICK D VIRGINIA
9 BENIK F ST. FRANCIS
11 LUTZKA F DULUTH EAST
12 DECOWSKI F ANDOVER
13 FORBORT D DULUTH EAST
18 CHRISTIANSON F INT FALLS
20 PERATALO D HIBBING
21 D’AIGLE F CAMBRIDGE-I
25 EDDY F VIRGINIA
27 JAREMKO D ELK RIVER
29 AMATO D DULUTH EAST
30 RAY G ANDOVER
31 STAMPOHAR F HIBBING
37 PORTNER F ANDOVER
39 BRYAN F ELK RIVER
43 MCFARLANE F CLOQUET
44 BAUER F MARSHALL
45 TROMP G HIBBING

ALTERNATES (WILL NOT BE ON TEAM UNLESS ABOVE PLAYER CANNOT PARTICIPATE)
24 BUGLIOSI F HIBBING
34 SODERQUIST G CAMBRIDGE
41 HURLEY D Marshall
GR3343

Post by GR3343 »

irish99 wrote:Select 16 Team – 7A/AA

# NAME POSITION TEAM
4 YOUSO D INT FALLS
7 HENDRICKSON F VIRGINIA
8 JUDNICK D VIRGINIA
9 BENIK F ST. FRANCIS
11 LUTZKA F DULUTH EAST
12 DECOWSKI F ANDOVER
13 FORBORT D DULUTH EAST
20 PERATALO D HIBBING
21 D’AIGLE F CAMBRIDGE-I
25 EDDY F VIRGINIA
27 JAREMKO D ELK RIVER
29 AMATO D DULUTH EAST
30 RAY G ANDOVER
31 STAMPOHAR F HIBBING
37 PORTNER F ANDOVER
39 BRYAN F ELK RIVER
43 MCFARLANE F CLOQUET
44 BAUER F MARSHALL
45 TROMP G HIBBING

24 BUGLIOSI F HIBBING
41 HURLEY D Marshall
This is official?
Character is who you are when no one is watching
irish99

Post by irish99 »

yes
Hockman21

wow

Post by Hockman21 »

portner from andover wow...
hopefully... i havent seen the brackets but i hope it is set up so that i can see 6a/aa and 4a/aa in the championship would be a great game.
sinbin006

Re: wow

Post by sinbin006 »

Hockman21 wrote:portner from andover wow...
hopefully... i havent seen the brackets but i hope it is set up so that i can see 6a/aa and 4a/aa in the championship would be a great game.
Not gonna happen...

http://www.minnesotahockey.org/assorted ... racket.pdf
GR3343

Re: wow

Post by GR3343 »

Hockman21 wrote:portner from andover wow...
There's 6 or 7 wows on that roster :roll: It was a good tryout however the results are typical with this age group.
Indians forever

Post by Indians forever »

irish99 wrote:Select 16 Team – 7A/AA

# NAME POSITION TEAM
4 YOUSO D INT FALLS
7 HENDRICKSON F VIRGINIA
8 JUDNICK D VIRGINIA
9 BENIK F ST. FRANCIS
11 LUTZKA F DULUTH EAST
12 DECOWSKI F ANDOVER
13 FORBORT D DULUTH EAST
20 PERATALO D HIBBING
21 D’AIGLE F CAMBRIDGE-I
25 EDDY F VIRGINIA
27 JAREMKO D ELK RIVER
29 AMATO D DULUTH EAST
30 RAY G ANDOVER
31 STAMPOHAR F HIBBING
37 PORTNER F ANDOVER
39 BRYAN F ELK RIVER
43 MCFARLANE F CLOQUET
44 BAUER F MARSHALL
45 TROMP G HIBBING

24 BUGLIOSI F HIBBING
41 HURLEY D Marshall
Did anyone from Rapids tryout???
passer07

Post by passer07 »

one D
thatonekid987654

Post by thatonekid987654 »

Wow sum shoxerz in this group! do u think they will compete in
the tourney? Why didnt ekman kid make it from andover? Did he play varisty?
oldtimehockey77

Post by oldtimehockey77 »

Why didn't more kids from Rapids try out?
PuckTime

Post by PuckTime »

oldtimehockey77 wrote:Why didn't more kids from Rapids try out?
Why bother?
SEE YOU AT THE RINK
northwoods oldtimer

Sixteens

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

Did the DeGuiseppi kid tryout? How about Nolan Meyer from Duluth East and Zach Dick from Grand Rapids? Austin Merrit from GR? Janetta from East?
GR3343

Re: Sixteens

Post by GR3343 »

northwoods oldtimer wrote:Did the DeGuiseppi kid tryout? How about Nolan Meyer from Duluth East and Zach Dick from Grand Rapids? Austin Merrit from GR? Janetta from East?
Merritt was the only one of those names that tried out. Rumor has it they only accepted kids that played minimum of JV. No Bantams. Another unconfirmed rumor in GR is that the baseball coach "suggested" the others didn't try out so they could focus on baseball.

The tryouts were competitve, but it's a little disappointing when most or all from Virginia and Hibbing were rubber stamped. You would have had to have seen the tryouts to get the full picture. There was definitely some obvious cuts, and some obvious shoe-ins, but it once again appears that it's who you know. The last thing you want to hear heading into a tryout is an evaluator telling another evaluator they were to "head upstairs and pretend like we're actually evaluating". Makes you sort of wonder when you see the results. :? Not the end of the world for any of the deserving kids who were let go. Just another life lesson about honesty(and where not to spend your money). Ever forward.
oldtimehockey77

Post by oldtimehockey77 »

How could a baseball coach prevent good hockey players like Skrbec and Kleinendorst from trying out?
GR3343

Post by GR3343 »

oldtimehockey77 wrote:How could a baseball coach prevent good hockey players like Skrbec and Kleinendorst from trying out?
It may be totally untrue, but one never knows. Hard to imagine either not "wanting" to try out.
Indians forever

GR3343 wrote:
northwoods oldtimer wrote:Did the DeGuiseppi kid tryout? How about Nolan Meyer from Duluth East and Zach Dick from Grand Rapids? Austin Merrit from GR? Janetta from East?
Merritt was the only one of those names that tried out. Rumor has it they only accepted kids that played minimum of JV. No Bantams. Another unconfirmed rumor in GR is that the baseball coach "suggested" the others didn't try out so they could focus on baseball.

The tryouts were competitve, but it's a little disappointing when most or all from Virginia and Hibbing were rubber stamped. You would have had to have seen the tryouts to get the full picture. There was definitely some obvious cuts, and some obvious shoe-ins, but it once again appears that it's who you know. The last thing you want to hear heading into a tryout is an evaluator telling another evaluator they were to "head upstairs and pretend like we're actually evaluating". Makes you sort of wonder when you see the results. :? Not the end of the world for any of the deserving kids who were let go. Just another life lesson about honesty(and where not to spend your money). Ever forward.
So this tryout actually cost the kids money to participate? :shock:
GR3343

Post by GR3343 »

Indians forever wrote: So this tryout actually cost the kids money to participate? :shock:
$70 a head. Not a bad way for Minn. Hockey to turn a quick couple of bucks.
PuckTime

Post by PuckTime »

Indians forever wrote:
GR3343 wrote:

So this tryout actually cost the kids money to participate? :shock:
To tryout is $70. Some will say it's only a money maker. Obviously opinions will vary.
SEE YOU AT THE RINK
Indians forever

$70 for ice time isn't bad. This is for MN Hockey so I think either way it is money well spent!!!
PASTRAPIDSFAN

Post by PASTRAPIDSFAN »

70 a person isnt that bad but im sure it can be used elsewhere
Indians forever

PASTRAPIDSFAN wrote:70 a person isnt that bad but im sure it can be used elsewhere
Yeah to fill up my VOLVO!!!
GR3343

Post by GR3343 »

PASTRAPIDSFAN wrote:70 a person isnt that bad but im sure it can be used elsewhere
The money for the ice time wasn't a bad price. A little under 20 an hour, but...well, you would have had to be there to get the full picture. The Advanced/Select program is more than capable of having non-biased evaluators who have no ties to players on the ice. That way, you don't even give the appearance of dishonesty. You'll never please everyone during a tryout situation, but if you had people there without ties, who actually chose players based on performance, you'd have fewer complaints. Personally, I'm not stunned, shocked or upset with the selections. It's become the norm for this area. Obviously I can't speak for what goes on with other sections, but I hear it's the same everywhere.
shooter57

Wah Wah Wah

Post by shooter57 »

Total Crap And Whining Like A Baby
Merritt was the only one of those names that tried out. Rumor has it they only accepted kids that played minimum of JV. No Bantams. Another unconfirmed rumor in GR is that the baseball coach "suggested" the others didn't try out so they could focus on baseball. The tryouts were competitve, but it's a little disappointing when most or all from Virginia and Hibbing were rubber stamped. You would have had to have seen the tryouts to get the full picture. There was definitely some obvious cuts, and some obvious shoe-ins, but it once again appears that it's who you know. The last thing you want to hear heading into a tryout is an evaluator telling another evaluator they were to "head upstairs and pretend like we're actually evaluating". Makes you sort of wonder when you see the results. Not the end of the world for any of the deserving kids who were let go. Just another life lesson about honesty(and where not to spend your money). Ever forward.
giving the appearance of dishonesty?, yes, some of you gr people know all about it. refer to last years select 15.
there were almost 50 skaters there and 6 tenders. im happy i didnt have to make the descions. to bad there are posters that try to shed negatives about the tryout and staff because they figure there was not the right players picked. i didnt hear whining about last years 15s. i wonder why? we dont need any body casting dispuraging remarks about rumors here and rubber stamps. you got some nerve. get your info right before stating frigging crap like. "most or all from Virginia and Hibbing were rubber stamped. You would have had to have seen the tryouts to get the full picture" "what a frigging crock." and then this statement-
"again appears that it's who you know. The last thing you want to hear heading into a tryout is an evaluator telling another evaluator they were to "head upstairs and pretend like we're actually evaluating". Makes you sort of wonder when you see the results".

i challenge you to prove that last statement

every player that made that team deserved it, no ifs ands or buts about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GR3343

Re: Wah Wah Wah

Post by GR3343 »

shooter57 wrote:Total Crap And Whining Like A Baby
Merritt was the only one of those names that tried out. Rumor has it they only accepted kids that played minimum of JV. No Bantams. Another unconfirmed rumor in GR is that the baseball coach "suggested" the others didn't try out so they could focus on baseball. The tryouts were competitve, but it's a little disappointing when most or all from Virginia and Hibbing were rubber stamped. You would have had to have seen the tryouts to get the full picture. There was definitely some obvious cuts, and some obvious shoe-ins, but it once again appears that it's who you know. The last thing you want to hear heading into a tryout is an evaluator telling another evaluator they were to "head upstairs and pretend like we're actually evaluating". Makes you sort of wonder when you see the results. Not the end of the world for any of the deserving kids who were let go. Just another life lesson about honesty(and where not to spend your money). Ever forward.
giving the appearance of dishonesty?, yes, some of you gr people know all about it. refer to last years select 15.
there were almost 50 skaters there and 6 tenders. im happy i didnt have to make the descions. to bad there are posters that try to shed negatives about the tryout and staff because they figure there was not the right players picked. i didnt hear whining about last years 15s. i wonder why? we dont need any body casting dispuraging remarks about rumors here and rubber stamps. you got some nerve. get your info right before stating frigging crap like. "most or all from Virginia and Hibbing were rubber stamped. You would have had to have seen the tryouts to get the full picture" "what a frigging crock." and then this statement-
"again appears that it's who you know. The last thing you want to hear heading into a tryout is an evaluator telling another evaluator they were to "head upstairs and pretend like we're actually evaluating". Makes you sort of wonder when you see the results".

i challenge you to prove that last statement

every player that made that team deserved it, no ifs ands or buts about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Obviously tough to prove, but it was said. I could care less if you didn't like what you read that caused you to go into a rant. I simply stated my opinion of the results without whining as you put it. You've got your opinion, I've got mine. Leave it at that or don't. You're the one coming off like a jerk here. Remember, everyone's entitled to their opinions and I'm of the opinion that some of the players selected weren't as good as some who were not. End of the story for me, so rant on if you feel like it.