Roseau takes a hit

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

ACTUALFORMERPLAYER

Roseau takes a hit

Post by ACTUALFORMERPLAYER »

Dean Blais and Fargo have landed their goalie for next season. Not sure going to an expansion team is the way to go if the USHL is the option. It would seem your stock could only drop playing goalie in this situation. Playing on a losing team and losing your Roseau Alumni status all in the same move. Sorry Ram fans you have seen Lee don the green and white in Roseau for the last time, including in the 2010 Classic.
The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

Source?
ACTUALFORMERPLAYER

The Exiled One wrote:Source?
Very reliable.
The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

ACTUALFORMERPLAYER wrote:
The Exiled One wrote:Source?
Very reliable.
The Force did have Alexandria's Matt Hemmingway's draft rights. It looks like Matt will be left holding the short end of the paddle.

As and SCSU fan, this doesn't make me any more or less happy. We've got our current starting goalie locked up for '08 and '09, with his backup likely to get the starting job in '10. I suppose Lee might be trying to position himself to back-up in '09 and fight for the job in '10, but I wouldn't have minded seeing him fight in '10 and start in '11 either.

PS, just for my own clarification, are you sure he's not doing a before & after?
cu@darink

Post by cu@darink »

Fargo took him with one of their at large picks along with Ravendalen.
see you at the rink!
Pioneerprideguy

Post by Pioneerprideguy »

"Roseau takes a hit." Here I thought it was more talk about the Hill Murray game. :lol:
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

Pioneerprideguy wrote:"Roseau takes a hit." Here I thought it was more talk about the Hill Murray game. :lol:
Hill Murray needs to start a "Humility 101" class. Or just teach a "Class" class.
Puckguy19

Post by Puckguy19 »

Neutron 14 wrote:
Pioneerprideguy wrote:"Roseau takes a hit." Here I thought it was more talk about the Hill Murray game. :lol:
Hill Murray needs to start a "Humility 101" class. Or just teach a "Class" class.
Hill Murray wouldn't no class, if it walked in the door and introduced itself. 8)
Lordosis

Re: Roseau takes a hit

Post by Lordosis »

ACTUALFORMERPLAYER wrote:Dean Blais and Fargo have landed their goalie for next season. Not sure going to an expansion team is the way to go if the USHL is the option. It would seem your stock could only drop playing goalie in this situation. Playing on a losing team and losing your Roseau Alumni status all in the same move. Sorry Ram fans you have seen Lee don the green and white in Roseau for the last time, including in the 2010 Classic.
Tough decision for the kid to make. I don't think it will hurt him though. The team in front of him will lose some key players, and I think he's proved himself more than enough in High School, just like Ness. As for the Force being an expansion team and not being good....I would bet they are at least a 500 team and wouldn't be suprised if they made the playoffs next year. Blais will put together a SOLID team to play in front of Lee.
ap4mvp

Post by ap4mvp »

Puckguy19 wrote:
Neutron 14 wrote:
Hill Murray wouldn't no class, if it walked in the door and introduced itself. 8)
Couldn't agree more :lol:
If you only knew the power of the dark side!
BERG RENOLZ

Post by BERG RENOLZ »

I don't think anyone in Roseau should ridicule Mike if this is the decision he's decided to make. He has nothing left to prove in Roseau, so i don't blame him if this is what he does. Being a Roseau guy, i'd love to have him back for his senior year, but he has to do what's right for him. It had to be a tough decision since he's both a good football and baseball player. I think if the decision is made to not invite him to alumni events, it's a travesty. I think the alumni committee needs to rethink the rules they've set forth. I'm not on the committee though, so it doesn't really matter what i think. I'm pretty sure Mike will always view himself as a Roseau alumn even if the committee doesn't. Good luck Mike in whatever you decide to do!
hipcheck

sad but true

Post by hipcheck »

I don't see how staying in Roseau would have hurt him or hindered his development.

He has made a choice ,and as always, must deal with the consequences of his choice. In Roseau it wil be 50% with him and 50% ticked off at him.

I wish him luck and wish he was back in Roseau for his senior year.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

Puckguy19 wrote: Hill Murray wouldn't no class, if it walked in the door and introduced itself. 8)
"Their" :lol: are a few exceptions, Sparlimb and Hillfan leading the list..
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

Two elite players giving up their senior year at an elite program. What does this say about high school programs? Is there turmoil in the Roseau program? What about playing with your buddies and playing for the community? Seems odd this is happening in Roseau.
northwoods oldtimer

AGREE

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

Good questions mulefarm one wonders what might be going on in Roseau. I do not get why kids want to rush growing up so darn fast....however I am an old man who knows full well that we all grow up way too quick and are in the adult world soon enough. Roseau seems to me to be one very good community to grow up in and the great press they get is very nice to read about. I admit I do not know much about the pressures these young guys are under in today's world.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Neutron 14 wrote:
Puckguy19 wrote: Hill Murray wouldn't no class, if it walked in the door and introduced itself. 8)
"Their" :lol: are a few exceptions, Sparlimb and Hillfan leading the list..
How do you 'no' that?
:D
Pioneerprideguy

Neutron 14 wrote:
I think others may need a sensitivity class...lighten up Neut. I think Aus needs a hug...go find him.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

Pioneerprideguy wrote:
Neutron 14 wrote:
I think others may need a sensitivity class...lighten up Neut. I think Aus needs a hug...go find him.
Ladies and Gentleman, the prosecution rests...
Pioneerprideguy

Neutron 14 wrote:
Pioneerprideguy wrote:
Neutron 14 wrote: Hill Murray needs to start a "Humility 101" class. Or just teach a "Class" class.
Ladies and Gentleman, the prosecution rests...
It seems resting is what Centennial does best. :wink:
ACTUALFORMERPLAYER

Re: sad but true

hipcheck wrote:I don't see how staying in Roseau would have hurt him or hindered his development.

He has made a choice ,and as always, must deal with the consequences of his choice. In Roseau it wil be 50% with him and 50% ticked off at him.

I wish him luck and wish he was back in Roseau for his senior year.
Looks like bad math to me. When I went to school 9 out of 10 ticked at him is 90%.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

mulefarm wrote:Two elite players giving up their senior year at an elite program. What does this say about high school programs? Is there turmoil in the Roseau program? What about playing with your buddies and playing for the community? Seems odd this is happening in Roseau.
Who is the second player leaving Roso?
Ness????

He has other reasons for leaving, not even considering the fact that he graduates in about 5 weeks.

And I am still looking for confirmation that he is not doing before/after.
Lordosis

Post by Lordosis »

elliott70 wrote:
mulefarm wrote:Two elite players giving up their senior year at an elite program. What does this say about high school programs? Is there turmoil in the Roseau program? What about playing with your buddies and playing for the community? Seems odd this is happening in Roseau.
Who is the second player leaving Roso?
Ness????

He has other reasons for leaving, not even considering the fact that he graduates in about 5 weeks.

And I am still looking for confirmation that he is not doing before/after.
Ness is leaving Roseau early! Is it the norm to take two years of classes in one year... NO! The only difference between Ness and Lee would be that Ness took internet classes at night and Lee didn't.

Ness won Mr. Hockey and I believe he was the best player nominated for the award. I also think Mike Lee was the best player on his team. IMO these two are the best at their positions in the state. What some of these old timers may not understand is that these two are probably looking to make a living at playing hockey. Does staying and making everyone else happy benefit them in developing their game. No it doesn't. They have proved all they need at the HS level. Any true friend wouldn't hold a grudge. They would recognize the talent and understand why such a prospect would leave early in the case of these two individuals.

I am glad it isn't me that has to make the decision to stay or leave. It would probably cause some sleepless nights. Probably the most gut wrenching feeling in the world. Anyway, good luck to Mike, and Good Luck to the Rams. Looks like Berg Renolz will be stackin the pads next year instead of Mike Lee.
Hockeyguy_27

Post by Hockeyguy_27 »

This is a drag for the Rams. It used to be towns like Roseau wouldn't lose their top senior players but the landscape of high school hockey is unfortunately changing. They will be good either way but it will be impossible to replace Lee next year.
5th Line Center

Post by 5th Line Center »

I am stunned and sad. It can't be true. Tell me it isn't.

I'm stunned because Mike will skip playing baseball and football--he loved playing both--and, he will be giving up on a great senior-year experience. For what? I am not convinced that he will develop better at Fargo. (Blaise is a great coach, though...) You are only in high school for a short time. Don't be in a hurry to move on; enjoy the ride.

I am sad, because I will miss seeing him in Green and White and making another run for the prize.

I am thinking that his teammates feel that he's let them down.
dadoc

Post by dadoc »

Definitely a tough decision to make. Don't envy any young man in such a situation. But I am sure he feels that he has an opportunity to develop. Which leads me to my question. Who will be the goalie coach in Fargo? While coach Blais has a reputation for winning, I also heard that he has a reputation for going through goalies. Was he the Sioux coach that brought in the goalie mid-season? I could be mistaken, but development comes with position coaching not just tougher competition!