Future Mr. Hockey?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

mch

Post by mch »

komada77 wrote:So does Budish being out for the 2008-09 season help or hurt Everson's and Lee's chances of winning? Obviously Budish has had quite a bit to do with the success of the other two, and vice versa, but does the loss of Zack help boost the numbers of the other two because they have to make up for his lost production, or does it reduce their numbers because defenses will be able to key more on them and Budish will not be out their to set them up for points?
i think everson's goal totals will diminish because of budish's ability to set him up, but i think he and lee will do just fine and will be able to carry the team to a deep postseason run, which most people are expecting.
scoreboard33

Post by scoreboard33 »

Lee did not play with Budish much last season, so I don't think he will be hurt much, although skating against 2nd lines did help, he'll be fine. Everson, I'm not so sure about, last year, Budish set him up on the door step so many times, however this year he looks to be a lot more of a complete player in the elite league and I really don't have a guess as to how he will do this season, or if he will pick up more assists and less goals or just do about the same.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

Bash Brother wrote:He wont play at all... so this question is irrelevant. However it can be won only playing half the season... although unlikely.
His surgery is November 9th, then will be out a minimum of 4 months, so that's pretty much the whole season. Hope his recovery is 100% complete and then he can start getting ready to join the Gophers.
Hockeyguy_27

Post by Hockeyguy_27 »

I would bet on Danny Mattson from AHA, Everson or Lee from Edina. I'm not as familiar with the kids from the North.
breakout

Post by breakout »

Hockeyguy_27 wrote:I would bet on Danny Mattson from AHA, Everson or Lee from Edina. I'm not as familiar with the kids from the North.
With Budish out, it will more than likely be one of the remaining NHL Central Scouting "A" rated high school players

Delisle
Hanowski
Leddy
Mattson
Oliver

That would be my guess.
sticksuphigh

Post by sticksuphigh »

breakout wrote:
Hockeyguy_27 wrote:I would bet on Danny Mattson from AHA, Everson or Lee from Edina. I'm not as familiar with the kids from the North.
With Budish out, it will more than likely be one of the remaining NHL Central Scouting "A" rated high school players

Delisle
Hanowski
Leddy
Mattson
Oliver

That would be my guess.
Jack B. has an early list out, this list is far from complete. Currently with the exception of Budish, these "A" players are not exactly your top five in elite scoring. That is why you have sizable number of finalists and they will still have to prove themselves before they hand out the award.
breakout

Post by breakout »

sticksuphigh wrote:
breakout wrote:

Delisle
Hanowski
Leddy
Mattson
Oliver

That would be my guess.

Jack B. has an early list out, this list is far from complete. Currently with the exception of Budish, these "A" players are not exactly your top five in elite scoring. That is why you have sizable number of finalists and they will still have to prove themselves before they hand out the award.
Accoring to Oct. 23rd Let's Play Hockey

Oliver is playing a before and after, doesn't factor in Elite League scoring.
Hanowski is 4th in Elite League goals
Leddy is 2nd in defensive scoring
Mattson is 7th in overall scoring and 7th in overall goals
Delisle is 12th in overall scoring and ninth in goals

Besides if points were the total end, Joe Gleason would have been drafted ahead of Jake Gardiner and Aaron Ness. That didn't happen.

As I indicated, it's a guess. I have been wrong before. Stay tuned.
undfan01122

Post by undfan01122 »

Danny Mattson of holy angles or Anders Lee of Edina ( cake eaters )
HSHockeyFan08

Post by HSHockeyFan08 »

My bold predition: Nick Leddy wins the 2009 Mr. Hockey.
flatontheice

Post by flatontheice »

HSHockeyFan08 wrote:My bold predition: Nick Leddy wins the 2009 Mr. Hockey.
Ben Hanowski will win it for alot of reasons.
Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried »

undfan01122 wrote:Danny Mattson of holy angles
If it came down to skill on the ice...... this is the best I've seen and he would be a deserving candidate..things happen when he's on the ice and he's always around when they do!
JMO
8)
D1 Freshman

Post by D1 Freshman »

i would have to agree that danny is a good choice if he keeps the play up
HSpuckguy

Nick Leddy Mr. Hockey

Post by HSpuckguy »

Nick Leddy is the most talented player in the state, and should be considered the front runner for Mr. Hockey. If you ever watched him play, you'd see that I'm just stating the obvious. If NHL scouts had all the input, he'd be the guy...here's the latest top 50 from North American Central Scouting...

http://thehockeynews.com/articles/19548 ... op-50.html

More to back up my prediction...

http://westerncollegehockey.blogspot.com/
breakout

Post by breakout »

breakout wrote:

Delisle
Hanowski
Leddy
Mattson
Oliver

That would be my guess.
I watched the NIT game that the two Minnesota teams squared off in. I concentrated on watching Delisle for a good portion of the time. He was all about offense and showed little effort in the D zone. He barely made an effort to help cover the trailer on some odd man rushes. Stupid, considering the amount of NHL types in the stands.

Delisle is officially off my list. I will replace him with Pitlick in my top 5.
breakout

Post by breakout »

undfan01122 wrote:Danny Mattson of holy angles or Anders Lee of Edina ( cake eaters )

Danny Mattson is talented, NDU recruit and will be a top 5. Lee is too much about himself. He will NOT be a top 5.
koho snipe

Post by koho snipe »

nick leddy will wipe this board clean if his supporting cast can breakout and skate a little. All the studs of Ep are leaving
sticksuphigh

Post by sticksuphigh »

breakout wrote:
undfan01122 wrote:Danny Mattson of holy angles or Anders Lee of Edina ( cake eaters )

Danny Mattson is talented, NDU recruit and will be a top 5. Lee is too much about himself. He will NOT be a top 5.
Interesting shot at Lee considering he led the NIT tourney in scoring with 4 goals and 7 assists. For a known 2-way player, is it the seven assists that scream "Its about me" breakdown" or his lack of effort in the corners trying to get his teammates the puck. Relax and enjoy the game. :wink:
AngusYoung

Post by AngusYoung »

Ben Hanowski will accomplish 3 things this year in HS Hockey:

1) Set the MN State HS Hockey scoring record
2) Lead the LF Flyers to the State Tournament
3) Win the 2009 MN Mr. Hockey Award

AY 8)
breakout

Post by breakout »

AngusYoung wrote:Ben Hanowski will accomplish 3 things this year in HS Hockey:

AY 8)

How did he do in the Elite League Nike Bauer Tournament? I don't remember seeing his name. May have missed him.
AngusYoung

Post by AngusYoung »

breakout wrote:

AY 8)

How did he do in the Elite League Nike Bauer Tournament? I don't remember seeing his name. May have missed him.
He has been injured so did not play in that. Key for him and the Flyers is to stay healthy.

AY 8)
breakout

Post by breakout »

AngusYoung wrote:
breakout wrote:

AY 8)

He has been injured so did not play in that. Key for him and the Flyers is to stay healthy.

AY 8)
He is a talented player. Got an NHL type body. Somebody told me he had a pulled groin? True?
breakout

Post by breakout »

sticksuphigh wrote:
breakout wrote:

Interesting shot at Lee considering he led the NIT tourney in scoring with 4 goals and 7 assists. For a known 2-way player, is it the seven assists that scream "Its about me" breakdown" or his lack of effort in the corners trying to get his teammates the puck. Relax and enjoy the game. :wink:

Not convinced he will be a top 5. If so, he would probably have a college deal done by now. Everson led the NIT tournament in goals. With Budish out for the season, Everson will be the top contender from the Hornets.

Lee is a big strong kid. He is not a great skater.

You'll probably come back with some speed skating stuff, eh? Hockey is different, you actually have to go to the right as well as the left.
sticksuphigh

Post by sticksuphigh »

breakout wrote:
sticksuphigh wrote:
breakout wrote:

Not convinced he will be a top 5. If so, he would probably have a college deal done by now. Everson led the NIT tournament in goals. With Budish out for the season, Everson will be the top contender from the Hornets.

Lee is a big strong kid. He is not a great skater.

You'll probably come back with some speed skating stuff, eh? Hockey is different, you actually have to go to the right as well as the left.

Breakdown, you now fit the profile of perhaps a handful of bitter, tired hockey rubes who can't move on. Selfish, can't skate, knocks down elderly women in crosswalks I hear too. I am now convince the kid's a stiff. We here at the forum thank you for your insightful hockey mind. I suggest you attempt to relax and remember Northeastern is a very fine school. Peace :wink:
Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog »

breakout wrote:Not convinced he will be a top 5. If so, he would probably have a college deal done by now.
He has had opportunities to commit to a college much sooner than this so using that as any kind of a point is misguided. I do agree that he definitely needs to work on his quickness in those first few steps.
breakout

Post by breakout »

Gopher Blog wrote:
breakout wrote:Not convinced he will be a top 5. If so, he would probably have a college deal done by now.
He has had opportunities to commit to a college much sooner than this so using that as any kind of a point is misguided. I do agree that he definitely needs to work on his quickness in those first few steps.
What colleges have shown great interest? How many years would they require him to play Jrs? What kind of offers? Is he attempting to leverage football vs. hockey to get best hockey deal? I know most of that is personal.

I hear he wants to play D1 hockey vs. possible college football. I have heard Notre Dame has an interest, but want one to two years of Jr. from him. I suppose that is typical these days.

Lee is a good player. In my opinion, he is a step back from Hornet's Budish and Everson.