Best team in lake confrence?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

undfan01122

Best team in lake confrence?

Post by undfan01122 »

who wi9ll be the best?
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

Since when did they introduce a "9" into the word will?

I can't find it in the dictionary.
The U invented swagger.
dynamicD

Post by dynamicD »

From what i hear teams that did well last year like Rosemount and Burnsville lost a lot of talent and will probably be down this year due to alot of first year varsity players. Eastview and Apple Valley look like they could have decent years possibly. The top two teams to be considered in my mind are....like almost always Eden Prairie and Jefferson. Eden Prairie has some solid guys and always reloads pretty well and Jefferson was a very talented young team last year with a solid group of players returning.
countrygentleman

Post by countrygentleman »

Goldy Gopher wrote:Since when did they introduce a "9" into the word will?

I can't find it in the dictionary.
I sure does make you wonder how the that happens. How can you be so rubbish at typing that you accidently hit the "9" key after hitting the i key?
Iraqnam
pondyplayer93

Post by pondyplayer93 »

Jefferson
Eden Prairie
Eastview

top 3 in order
Hill-Murray
St. Thomas
2008 Champs
Since95

Post by Since95 »

I'm really hoping for a good season from Jefferson. I have heard lots of good things going into this year. Hopefully they can have a good run in the playoffs as well. Burnsville as well. I hope they make some noise again as they have been good the last two years.
schwang17

Post by schwang17 »

Since95 wrote:I'm really hoping for a good season from Jefferson.
Me 2! What's the outlook? Where are all the Jaguar Superfans??
IamLegend

Post by IamLegend »

schwang17 wrote:
Me 2! What's the outlook? Where are all the Jaguar Superfans??
:roll:
I represent the Hawaiian hockey fans of the world!!
Westsidefan

Post by Westsidefan »

I can totally understand overshooting the "i" key and also hitting the "9" key. If we are going to be hyper-critical, it is the proofreading before hitting "submit" that deserves general condemnation.

Wow. Tough crowd.
gophermadman

Post by gophermadman »

as for the lake, I expect the Jags to be the best this year. From what I hear they still lack good coaching, but their team is very deep. They've been playing with almost an identical roster for the last 2 years, and now they lose Tommy O'Donnell and pick up a much more talented Caleb Herbert. This Jags team could be almost as strong as the Jags of 2004-2005 and their 2005-2006 teams..hopefully.

for second, I would have pick Eastview, I hear they are a very good team. I am always nervous to bet on the lightning though, with all the talent they had the last two seasons they just couldn't get anything done.

third, I want to pick Eden Prarie, but they took a hard hit. They need to put the Rush fiascos behind them and show everybody they are capable with the more loyal players that stayed.
schwang17

Post by schwang17 »

gophermadman wrote:as for the lake, I expect the Jags to be the best this year. From what I hear they still lack good coaching, but their team is very deep. They've been playing with almost an identical roster for the last 2 years, and now they lose Tommy O'Donnell and pick up a much more talented Caleb Herbert. This Jags team could be almost as strong as the Jags of 2004-2005 and their 2005-2006 teams..hopefully.
your analysis of O'Donnell/Herbert and their coaching staff is very flawed.
gophermadman

Post by gophermadman »

schwang17 wrote:
gophermadman wrote:as for the lake, I expect the Jags to be the best this year. From what I hear they still lack good coaching, but their team is very deep. They've been playing with almost an identical roster for the last 2 years, and now they lose Tommy O'Donnell and pick up a much more talented Caleb Herbert. This Jags team could be almost as strong as the Jags of 2004-2005 and their 2005-2006 teams..hopefully.
haha, being as I have worked with the coaching staff (and its not the STAFF thats the problem, the assistants and feeder coaches are top notch) and scouted both O'Donnell and Herbert (Herbert being the one who has a tremendous future which was clear in his u-18 showing...not saying O'Donnell doesnt, because that boy can play), I think not.
schwang17

Post by schwang17 »

gophermadman wrote:haha, being as I have worked with the coaching staff (and its not the STAFF thats the problem, the assistants and feeder coaches are top notch) and scouted both O'Donnell and Herbert (Herbert being the one who has a tremendous future which was clear in his u-18 showing...not saying O'Donnell doesnt, because that boy can play), I think not.
Yeah, you sound like you got all the credentials in the world to be spouting off. If you back up and read your original post, you see alot of "I hears" and then you reply with "well, I've scouted". Nice flip/flop. To me, it sounds like you're an ex-player with a sour taste in your mouth. As far as Herbert/O'Donnell, both are great players, 1 maybe better than the other, but they both represent(ed) Jefferson at a very high level.
Last edited by schwang17 on Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

Not Chaska
fighting all who rob or plunder
flatontheice

Post by flatontheice »

gophermadman wrote:
schwang17 wrote:
haha, being as I have worked with the coaching staff (and its not the STAFF thats the problem, the assistants and feeder coaches are top notch) and scouted both O'Donnell and Herbert (Herbert being the one who has a tremendous future which was clear in his u-18 showing...not saying O'Donnell doesnt, because that boy can play), I think not.
Careful. you're gonna get yourself in trouble.
schwang17

Post by schwang17 »

tomASS wrote:Not Chaska
you're so witty...
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

schwang17 wrote:
you're so witty...
middle of the pack though- very good coaching staff, some good well-rounded hockey players, no varsity goaltending experience. It will be a growing experience and let's hope the first part of the season prepares them for the important part of the season.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

schwang17 wrote:
Where are all the Jaguar Superfans??
If you'd pop for Cuda's comcast bill we'd have one!!!!
dynamicD

Post by dynamicD »

One thing that will be interesting to note will be the shift of powers in the Lake. Ofcourse Jefferson and EP look like they should be good again but rosemount and burnsville look as if they will fall big time allowing maybe some other teams to step up into the upper tier of the Lake conference
bubblehockey27

Post by bubblehockey27 »

J-E-F-F-E-R-S-O-N!

Hope they have a big year...
"Virtual high five to chest bump" (MP)
breakout

Post by breakout »

bubblehockey27 wrote:J-E-F-F-E-R-S-O-N!

Hope they have a big year...

Jefferson should be talented.
schwang17

Post by schwang17 »

Neutron 14 wrote:
schwang17 wrote:
Where are all the Jaguar Superfans??
If you'd pop for Cuda's comcast bill we'd have one!!!!
Cuda is up in the sticks where there is no Comcast to be had. I'll see what I can do, though. :D
notorious17

Post by notorious17 »

tomASS wrote:
schwang17 wrote:
you're so witty...
middle of the pack though- very good coaching staff, some good well-rounded hockey players, no varsity goaltending experience. It will be a growing experience and let's hope the first part of the season prepares them for the important part of the season.
Chaska just got a new goalie from shakopee
Played varsity since he was a freshman and was in selects his 15's. He's only a junior
michaelfloorwax

Post by michaelfloorwax »

notorious17 wrote:
tomASS wrote:
schwang17 wrote: you're so witty...
Played varsity since he was a freshman and was in selects his 15's. He's only a junior
Maybe tomASS could confirm but I'm not sure that the transfer went through..I heard MSHL said no to the request to transfer?? He played in 11 games as a soph and was 1-8 so I'm not sure that will scare anyone in the Lake.
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

michaelfloorwax wrote:
notorious17 wrote:
tomASS wrote: middle of the pack though- very good coaching staff, some good well-rounded hockey players, no varsity goaltending experience. It will be a growing experience and let's hope the first part of the season prepares them for the important part of the season.
Maybe tomASS could confirm but I'm not sure that the transfer went through..I heard MSHL said no to the request to transfer?? He played in 11 games as a soph and was 1-8 so I'm not sure that will scare anyone in the Lake.
I saw him play this summer and he looked to be very solid and could have probably been the starter this year. Seems like a great kid. My son got along with him well as did most of the players.

His transfer was turned down 1 or 2 times by MSHSL. I think he wants to try one more appeal.

If he would have physically moved into Chaska he would not have this issue.