Section 6A preseason predictions

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

defense

Post by defense » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:54 pm

RLstars: Typically the players of the team(s) in question have to put their 2 cents in, even if it is only worth 1.

As I said before, it sure is a good thing that Alexandria has completely dominated section play, with no one even coming close, huh???

RLStars

Post by RLStars » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:06 am

D - your first comment was my point, but I'll also add that its not only the players that are posting on this bored, I don't play and have no affiliation with either team.

Not sure what your trying to say with your second statement. Alex dominated Sartell 9-0 and beat Apollo 7-1. They had a 3-1 lead until Fergus scored with 7 seconds left in the game on a PP for a final of 3-2. Did they dominate the Fergus game? I don't know I wasn't there. The score sheet doesn't tell the story so I'll give Fergus some credit for a 3-2 lose. Alex also lost a close game to Little Falls 3-4.

I'm saying it appears at this point that the number one and two teams in 6a is Little Falls and Alexandria, but that neither team should look past some of the other 6a teams. I think the next three or four teams in 6a ( Apollo, Fergus, Sartell, Wadena in no particular order other then alphabetical) are beginning to improve and show alittle life. Play offs should be fun to watch.

bruce06

Post by bruce06 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:50 pm

I just heard the alex vs brainerd game for tomorrow the 15th was cancled. Any other games from this section canceled as of now? Any one know how the make-up procedure goes? It will be very hard for both teams and arena to find a make up time i would think

Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:14 pm

Little Falls schools are cancelled, so I assume the game with Prairie Center will be cancelled also.

clapper17

Post by clapper17 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:52 pm

zooomx wrote:Lil' Falls looks like a great team again. I am just curious why their fans are uber defensive about Alexandria. Alex should get a little bit of credit for being a solid team, playing very well right now. Lil' Falls doesn't seem to want to give any credit, and in fact, seems to be rooting for any other team to knock off their only competition in the section... Alexandria.
Agreed!

GopherPuckPlayer

Post by GopherPuckPlayer » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:58 pm

With Hanoski putting up 7 pts tonight, what are peoples thoughts of him being able to take the scoring record by the end of the season?
Red ice sells hockey tickets.

bruce06

Post by bruce06 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:46 am

its great if he breaks the record and I am sure he will and I congratulate him for that. However I dont think he is the player that pohl was and some of the greatest players in minnesota history. He definately is a great scorer but because of his weak schedule it isnt quite the same. If he played on a city school his points would be cut in half forsure. I know its not his fault that he lives there but it is a reality.

defense

Post by defense » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:47 am

GopherPuckPlayer wrote:With Hanoski putting up 7 pts tonight, what are peoples thoughts of him being able to take the scoring record by the end of the season?
Yep, I'm sure he will, especially with how they pad the score for him....

By the way, as far as who is the cheapest team in section 6,Fergus Falls has nothing on Little Falls, wich is sad since the Flyers do NOT need to play like that.

With that I'll go on record: 2009 Minnesota State High School Hockey Champions Class A: Little Falls Flyers.

BackCheckN'

Post by BackCheckN' » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:02 am

bruce06 wrote:its great if he breaks the record and I am sure he will and I congratulate him for that. However I dont think he is the player that pohl was and some of the greatest players in minnesota history. He definately is a great scorer but because of his weak schedule it isnt quite the same. If he played on a city school his points would be cut in half forsure. I know its not his fault that he lives there but it is a reality.
Enough about the weak schedule already! I think some of the teams on Little Falls schedule would take huge offense to that comment.

defense

Post by defense » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:09 pm

BackCheckN' wrote:
bruce06 wrote:its great if he breaks the record and I am sure he will and I congratulate him for that. However I dont think he is the player that pohl was and some of the greatest players in minnesota history. He definately is a great scorer but because of his weak schedule it isnt quite the same. If he played on a city school his points would be cut in half forsure. I know its not his fault that he lives there but it is a reality.
Enough about the weak schedule already! I think some of the teams on Little Falls schedule would take huge offense to that comment.
nope , bruce06 is completely correct: the Central Lakes Conference is the weakest in high school hockey...I mean who would think that St. Cloud Tech, Sauk Rapids, or Alexandria would ever have good teams??? Nope, Fergus Falls, Brainerd, and Willmar aren't and never were on the map....
Truth be told: Little Falls dominates so much not because they are that good, but because there is NO competition, heck no one has even heard of any of the teams in the CLC say nothing of them being any good.......

All of you morons screaming strength of schedule need to get real...

GopherPuckPlayer

Post by GopherPuckPlayer » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:09 pm

Little Falls plays most of the game on 12 infractions and 35 minutes in the box, and still come out with the W. They have to start playing smarter, or they are going to have their hands full, and not just with Alex. If LF keeps playing like this, the remainder of the season might be really interesting.
Red ice sells hockey tickets.

Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:08 pm

I guess the jury is out on who is the greater player. Why not wait and see what Hano does in the future before you say Pohl, or anyone else for that matter, is better. And since we're throwing opinions around, I would bet if he did play for a city team, he'd still be in the hunt for a Mr. Hockey award. :wink: