Breck School Hockey

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

The Observer

Breck School Hockey

Post by The Observer »

I have heard from a parent who's children are students and players at Breck that they will be very good this year sporting a good Junior class, a couple solid incoming freshman, and of course their very strong Senior, Joey Rehkamp (spelling?) Does anyone have any more information about this team and where they will go this year?

I'll be observing,
-- The Observer
mch

Re: Breck School Hockey

Post by mch »

The Observer wrote:I have heard from a parent who's children are students and players at Breck that they will be very good this year sporting a good Junior class, a couple solid incoming freshman, and of course their very strong Senior, Joey Rehkamp (spelling?) Does anyone have any more information about this team and where they will go this year?

I'll be observing,
-- The Observer
this team should be set for a state tournament berth this year, after gradauting only 3 skaters. There won't be the need for many newcomers this year, but there were several players that skated in the select 15 festival that should easily be able to contribute on 3rd and 4th lines. Morin, Rehkamp, Borer, Born, and Fulton all had good offensive production last year and will be back this year. There goalie Russell played much of last season and should see about the same amount of time as he did last year. This team should be top 5 in Class A and should easily take the Tri-Metro and Section 2 titles
flatontheice

Post by flatontheice »

mch wrote:
The Observer wrote:I have heard from a parent who's children are students and players at Breck that they will be very good this year sporting a good Junior class, a couple solid incoming freshman, and of course their very strong Senior, Joey Rehkamp (spelling?) Does anyone have any more information about this team and where they will go this year?

I'll be observing,
-- The Observer
this team should be set for a state tournament berth this year, after gradauting only 3 skaters. There won't be the need for many newcomers this year, but there were several players that skated in the select 15 festival that should easily be able to contribute on 3rd and 4th lines. Morin, Rehkamp, Borer, Born, and Fulton all had good offensive production last year and will be back this year. There goalie Russell played much of last season and should see about the same amount of time as he did last year. This team should be top 5 in Class A and should easily take the Tri-Metro and Section 2 titles
Sounds like last years predictions. Maybe they shouldn't even play the conference and sectionals this year. Just put em in.
The Observer

Post by The Observer »

Oh I understand. It's not a matter of the hype, it's all about pulling it off. And with that said, can they do it or will they fail to make the state tourny? That is the biggest question of them all...
flatontheice

Post by flatontheice »

The Observer wrote:Oh I understand. It's not a matter of the hype, it's all about pulling it off. And with that said, can they do it or will they fail to make the state tourny? That is the biggest question of them all...

I think they should win the conference and section but they will have to play as a team this year.
hockeyboys

Post by hockeyboys »

Not many teams with as much talent as Breck. Not many teams with such little to show for it either. Lots of hype for this Jr. class - but they have not yet shown anything. Maybe they peaked as youngsters - because coming in they were sure going to light the world on fire. It will be an interesting team to watch this year. Two years ago I would have thought that they would win it all this year with the incoming talent. Now... not so sure. Not the improvement from these players as I would have expected.
Papa Bergundy

Post by Papa Bergundy »

hockeyboys wrote:Not many teams with as much talent as Breck. Not many teams with such little to show for it either. Lots of hype for this Jr. class - but they have not yet shown anything. Maybe they peaked as youngsters - because coming in they were sure going to light the world on fire. It will be an interesting team to watch this year. Two years ago I would have thought that they would win it all this year with the incoming talent. Now... not so sure. Not the improvement from these players as I would have expected.
Not many teams with as many hot heads selfish players either. Hopefully new coaching this year will steer this talented bunch in the right direction, or a similar fate may be met. That being said section 2 is down this year so I don't see anyone upsetting them prior to the show this year.
Stay Classy, Minnesota.
Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried »

Papa Bergundy wrote:
hockeyboys wrote:Not many teams with as much talent as Breck. Not many teams with such little to show for it either. Lots of hype for this Jr. class - but they have not yet shown anything. Maybe they peaked as youngsters - because coming in they were sure going to light the world on fire. It will be an interesting team to watch this year. Two years ago I would have thought that they would win it all this year with the incoming talent. Now... not so sure. Not the improvement from these players as I would have expected.
Not many teams with as many hot heads selfish players either. Hopefully new coaching this year will steer this talented bunch in the right direction, or a similar fate may be met. That being said section 2 is down this year so I don't see anyone upsetting them prior to the show this year.

Ehh hmmm! not so fast pops! you think you'll walk the Rogers boys and you may be surprised!
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

Can't Never Tried wrote:
Papa Bergundy wrote:

Ehh hmmm! not so fast pops! you think you'll walk the Rogers boys and you may be surprised!
snicker...
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

Neutron 14 wrote:
Can't Never Tried wrote:
Papa Bergundy wrote: Not many teams with as many hot heads selfish players either. Hopefully new coaching this year will steer this talented bunch in the right direction, or a similar fate may be met. That being said section 2 is down this year so I don't see anyone upsetting them prior to the show this year.

snicker...
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

Govs93 wrote:
Neutron 14 wrote:
Can't Never Tried wrote:
snicker...
Perfect!
OGEE OGELTHORPE

Post by OGEE OGELTHORPE »

Whats in the yellow box?
Can't Never Tried

OGEE OGELTHORPE wrote:Whats in the yellow box?
A whole lot of piss me off that's what!! :x
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

Simply and quite effectively symbolizes how "yeller" Rogers is for opting down this year.
OGEE OGELTHORPE

Post by OGEE OGELTHORPE »

Neutron 14 wrote:
Simply and quite effectively symbolizes how "yeller" Rogers is for opting down this year.
:lol: I see...... CNT your in for a loooong year.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

OGEE OGELTHORPE wrote:
Neutron 14 wrote:
We're not even warmed up yet!!! :lol:
Can't Never Tried

Neutron 14 wrote:
OGEE OGELTHORPE wrote:
Neutron 14 wrote: Simply and quite effectively symbolizes how "yeller" Rogers is for opting down this year.
That's ok I know exactly how to get a thread locked up when needed....that's what experience gets ya! :lol:
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

Can't Never Tried wrote:
Neutron 14 wrote:
OGEE OGELTHORPE wrote: :lol: I see...... CNT your in for a loooong year.
That's ok I know exactly how to get a thread locked up when needed....that's what experience gets ya! :lol:
You wanna lock a Breck thread? :lol:
Can't Never Tried

Neutron 14 wrote:
Can't Never Tried wrote:
Neutron 14 wrote: We're not even warmed up yet!!! :lol:
You wanna lock a Breck thread? :lol:
At least poke some holes in it! :lol:
Goldy23

Post by Goldy23 »

Injury or team dissension under the new coach are the only way these guys don't win 20 games. Their conference is weak this year and they are deep enough to play with any of their AA non conference opponents.

Beside Senior Captains Rehkamp and Herd, they have 12 Juniors-10 of which lettered as Freshmen, very solid defense and a great goalie.

We'll know soon enough as they open with Marshall, Mahtemedi, Red Wing and St. Thomas Academy.
scoreboard33

Post by scoreboard33 »

IF Blake beats them again, they should be ashamed.
Goldy23

Post by Goldy23 »

scoreboard33 wrote:IF Blake beats them again, they should be ashamed.
NO QUESTION ABOUT THAT!
flatontheice

Post by flatontheice »

Goldy23 wrote:Injury or team dissension under the new coach are the only way these guys don't win 20 games. Their conference is weak this year and they are deep enough to play with any of their AA non conference opponents.

Beside Senior Captains Rehkamp and Herd, they have 12 Juniors-10 of which lettered as Freshmen, very solid defense and a great goalie.

We'll know soon enough as they open with Marshall, Mahtemedi, Red Wing and St. Thomas Academy.
I wish I knew you. I would love a small wager on 20 wins being the over under for Breck this year. I'll take the under.
Goldy23

Post by Goldy23 »

flatontheice wrote:
Goldy23 wrote:Injury or team dissension under the new coach are the only way these guys don't win 20 games. Their conference is weak this year and they are deep enough to play with any of their AA non conference opponents.

I wish I knew you. I would love a small wager on 20 wins being the over under for Breck this year. I'll take the under.
Flat,

No doubt 20 wins is a stretch for any team, but last year they won 16 games with some quality wins over Wayzata, Blake, CDH, Totino, Orono, Mound and State Champion STA. They were one flukey loss to Blake away from going to the X and they did it with just one senior and two juniors on the squad. No question they need to take it to the next level but with as much talent as they have it will be tough for most teams to keep up with them, especially within this years weak conference.

If they can get by Orono and Mound, they should be playing in St. Paul.
chiefofmedicine

Post by chiefofmedicine »

how about if they lose to the Saints again!!!! they'd be embarrassing! they should destroy them twice this year