Student Sections

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

ImissMYhockey

Post by ImissMYhockey »

Reidy09 wrote:Mound Westonka's 'ad' won't let us do anything. He made us give him all the signs for tonights game against Minnetonka so he could look them over so they were to his liking.

He told us to stop yelling at the Minnetonka goalie. We were making fun of his name, Nik Job. Seriously, let us have some fun.
That is so stupid. What is it with some High Schools wanting to suck the fun out of everything. Some people are so sensitive.
nikebauer_07

Post by nikebauer_07 »

Duluth East students weren't that great. Stood the whole game against Minnetonka but didn't do anything creative until the end of the game when they knew they had won. They also did the "we've got spirit cheer" :roll:
pacman

Post by pacman »

nikebauer_07 wrote:Duluth East students weren't that great. Stood the whole game against Minnetonka but didn't do anything creative until the end of the game when they knew they had won. They also did the "we've got spirit cheer" :roll:

We've got spirit against a team that isnt going to have many students come up that far of a trip.....Wow
slapstkhound

Post by slapstkhound »

hockeyhair15 wrote:enough, can we all agree that the WBL student section is god's gift to hockey so they will shut up about it. :roll:
Are you kidding??? WBL has the most obnoxious student section EVER.
E

Post by E »

slapstkhound wrote:
hockeyhair15 wrote:enough, can we all agree that the WBL student section is god's gift to hockey so they will shut up about it. :roll:
Are you kidding??? WBL has the most obnoxious student section EVER.
aren't you suppose to be obnoxious at hockey games? or is that against high school rules?
hockeyhair15

Post by hockeyhair15 »

pacman wrote:
nikebauer_07 wrote:Duluth East students weren't that great. Stood the whole game against Minnetonka but didn't do anything creative until the end of the game when they knew they had won. They also did the "we've got spirit cheer" :roll:

We've got spirit against a team that isnt going to have many students come up that far of a trip.....Wow
from what i hear they have a pretty crappy AD too so thisis probably not the students fault
enjoy this post while it lasts....
Duluth 4

Post by Duluth 4 »

hockeyhair15 wrote:
pacman wrote:

from what i hear they have a pretty crappy AD too so thisis probably not the students fault
What can our student section do when all that is there is the jv team from tonka, we were cheering, but without another student section to cheer against what can you do?
Release the Hounds. Trek to the X.
B

Post by B »

Duluth 4 wrote:
hockeyhair15 wrote:
pacman wrote:

What can our student section do when all that is there is the jv team from tonka, we were cheering, but without another student section to cheer against what can you do?
oh man I feel you on that one! last night at the WB vs Park game, Park barely had their JV there to watch! its not fun at all when theres no one to cheer against...thats when you just gotta cheer on your team even more so and try to get in the other teams heads
losing is still far from optional
King of the Pond

Post by King of the Pond »

My favorite cheer definitely is the sieve song. I think it can really get into the goalies head and just bring him down lol. I loved singing it to Cooper on tuesday :D
B

Post by B »

northhockey23 wrote:Hard to beat moorhead's on a saturday night
Not Really. White Bear did it from 4 hours away...
i wasnt impressed with Moorheads section at all. I expected a packed house...
Minn State of Mind

Post by Minn State of Mind »

B wrote:
Of course you weren't, because White Bear has the BEST student section... :roll:
Duluth 4

Post by Duluth 4 »

B wrote:
Duluth 4 wrote:
hockeyhair15 wrote: from what i hear they have a pretty crappy AD too so thisis probably not the students fault
oh man I feel you on that one! last night at the WB vs Park game, Park barely had their JV there to watch! its not fun at all when theres no one to cheer against...thats when you just gotta cheer on your team even more so and try to get in the other teams heads
Yeah we were cheering, but whats there to get creative with, go hounds go? Come on, give us some fans to cheer at or come to a game with 2 student sections. :roll:
Release the Hounds. Trek to the X.
B

Post by B »

Minn State of Mind wrote:
B wrote:
Of course you weren't, because White Bear has the BEST student section... :roll:
thats not what I said, I said its not hard to beat. I was all hyped up cause I heard that Moorehead was said to have this amazing student section and a packed house every game. But an averae day at any arena here in the citites would beat that, but you wouldnt know, you never make the trip :shock:
Minn State of Mind

Whoever ever said I was from Moorhead or up north? Your the one who thinks your 4 hour trip to Moorhead was some sort of magical feat in the land of student sections...

It's just student fun at a hockey game. You seem to take all the talk about it on here a little too seriously...
komada77

Post by komada77 »

Minn State of Mind wrote:Whoever ever said I was from Moorhead or up north? Your the one who thinks your 4 hour trip to Moorhead was some sort of magical feat in the land of student sections...

It's just student fun at a hockey game. You seem to take all the talk about it on here a little too seriously...
Haha yeah you would have to be a pretty big loser to make a 4 hour trip to go watch a HS hockey game when ur a student. I would definitely make fun of anyone at my school who did that.
Everyone hates private schools (and Edina)!!
nikebauer_07

Post by nikebauer_07 »

Duluth 4 wrote:
B wrote:
Duluth 4 wrote: What can our student section do when all that is there is the jv team from tonka, we were cheering, but without another student section to cheer against what can you do?
Yeah we were cheering, but whats there to get creative with, go hounds go? Come on, give us some fans to cheer at or come to a game with 2 student sections. :roll:
There's always that opposing team on the ice to yell at. At the heritage center, the student section is right on top of the goalie, get in the kid's head. I was just expecting a little more after all the talk on here about how good the East students are.
StateofHockeyFan

Post by StateofHockeyFan »

Why wouldnt you go on a road trip to watch your hockey team play? What else would be better when you are a student?
B

Post by B »

Minn State of Mind wrote:Whoever ever said I was from Moorhead or up north? Your the one who thinks your 4 hour trip to Moorhead was some sort of magical feat in the land of student sections...

well Im guessing you are, since you seem to know that Moorhead is "hard to beat on a saturday night" so you have obviously been there a few times and unless your some sort of Moorhead hockey fanatic I wouldnt expect you to make a drive up there every saturday
B

Post by B »

komada77 wrote:

Haha yeah you would have to be a pretty big loser to make a 4 hour trip to go watch a HS hockey game when ur a student. I would definitely make fun of anyone at my school who did that.
Wow...You must not have to much fun in highschool then.
Minn State of Mind

B wrote:

well Im guessing you are, since you seem to know that Moorhead is "hard to beat on a saturday night" so you have obviously been there a few times and unless your some sort of Moorhead hockey fanatic I wouldnt expect you to make a drive up there every saturday
When have I said they are hard to beat on a saturday night? I don't know why your assuming that I'm from Moorhead or watch them so much when I've never really defended or talked about Moorhead in any of my posts.

:roll:
mnhcky65

Post by mnhcky65 »

B wrote:
komada77 wrote:

or he comes from a city with a sucky hockey team.
shooter#9

Post by shooter#9 »

mnhcky65 wrote:
B wrote:
komada77 wrote: Haha yeah you would have to be a pretty big loser to make a 4 hour trip to go watch a HS hockey game when ur a student. I would definitely make fun of anyone at my school who did that.
or he comes from a city with a sucky hockey team.
i second that. Komada, why wouldn't you want to take a road trip with all of your friends to watch the sport you love? Unless, of course, you have no friends? If that is the case I suggest you stop posting on here and take the time to go find some...
hartyy56

Post by hartyy56 »

being a student and a dedicated high school hockey fan myself, i think a 4 hour drive to a game would be more than fun. high school is all about making memories and what better way to do it than get a bunch of friends together and support your high school team in the greatest game in minnesota? yep thats how i feel about it.
blanco oso

Post by blanco oso »

yah komada, you better just stop digging yourself bigger and bigger holes here...
blanco oso

Post by blanco oso »

if you want to see a student section at its finest, come to WBL vs HILL on tuesday...youll be impressed