WBL/Woodbury

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

White Bear Lake vs Woodbury

White Bear Lake
58%
Woodbury
42%

Total votes: 38

formerlybackofnet

WBL/Woodbury

Post by formerlybackofnet »

Thoughts?
TheNightman

Post by TheNightman »

Well considering last night's performance I would consider White Bear the favorite. I realize the teams they played were on opposite ends of the spectrum, but from what I heard Woodbury got completely dominated by Edina and the score should have been 5-0. Meanwhile, White Bear had a very convincing win against Flake, and looked like a pretty deep and talented team. I'll take White Bear 3-2 in this one.
B

Re: WBL/Woodbury

Post by B »

formerlybackofnet wrote:Thoughts?
If WBL plays like they did last night, this thing will be a blowout!
wbl-4
woodbury-2
losing is still far from optional
hockeyxfan01

Post by hockeyxfan01 »

B wrote:
wbl-4
woodbury-2
Even if they play like they did against Forest Lake, I doubt it will be a blowout. I'll still go with White Bear for the win though.

WBL 3
Woodbury 2
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

B wrote:
wbl-4
woodbury-2
Have you seen Woodbury play yet?? I didn't think so.

Even if White Bear plays like they did against Forest Lake, you have to remember that these are two different teams and that Woodbury is better than Forest Lake.

Your prediction of 4-2 sure doesn't sound like a blowout.
mustangman

Post by mustangman »

Woodbury wins a close one, 5-4
SEC Scotty

Post by SEC Scotty »

This will be a very good game, and should be a physical game. Hopefully the refs will get control of the game early and cut out the chippy crap and post whistle chirping that led to the brawl last year at Bielenberg.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

I've added a poll to this topic.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
StateofHockeyFan

Post by StateofHockeyFan »

WBL 3
Woodbury 1

i just feel that WBL has regained focus since the fargo/moorhead trip. they will take advantage of woodbury after that edina game.

maybe another brawl
Mr.Penalty

Post by Mr.Penalty »

its gonna be a very back and forth game also very physical...but im predicting white bear winning 3-1.
E

Post by E »

wbmd wrote:
B wrote:
wbl-4
woodbury-2

Even if White Bear plays like they did against Forest Lake, you have to remember that these are two different teams and that Woodbury is better than Forest Lake.

Woodbury didn't impress me against edina. edina had all the momentum from the begining od the game!
im taking wb-3 woodbury 1
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

E wrote:
wbmd wrote:
B wrote: If WBL plays like they did last night, this thing will be a blowout!
wbl-4
woodbury-2

Woodbury didn't impress me against edina. edina had all the momentum from the begining od the game!
White Bear probably didn't impress anybody when Fargo South and Moorhead beat them last week. :lol:
B

Post by B »

wbmd wrote:
E wrote:
wbmd wrote: Have you seen Woodbury play yet?? I didn't think so.

White Bear probably didn't impress anybody when Fargo South and Moorhead beat them last week. :lol:
but they sure did last night.
komada77

Post by komada77 »

E wrote:
wbmd wrote:
B wrote: If WBL plays like they did last night, this thing will be a blowout!
wbl-4
woodbury-2

That's cause Edina was playing out of their minds. WBL is a consistent underachiever with Sager at the helm, so I'll go Woodbury 4-3.
Everyone hates private schools (and Edina)!!
Doglover

Post by Doglover »

I heard Edina was down at least 3 of their better players when they played Woodbury, not even counting Mr. Budish, so I gotta go with WBL.
4-2
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

wbmd wrote:
E wrote:
wbmd wrote: Have you seen Woodbury play yet?? I didn't think so.

Must be WOODBURY MD
surehockey

Post by surehockey »

Wasn't Forest Lake's goalie out sick for the WBL FL game?
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

surehockey wrote:Wasn't Forest Lake's goalie out sick for the WBL FL game?
Good question since the backup goalie started. I'm sure Moberg would have made a difference. Maybe not for a win, but, we'll never know now.
mustangman

Post by mustangman »

WBMD loves taking shots at coaches while hiding behind his false name on here. Gutsy I tell ya. Sager has forgotten more about the game than wbmd will ever know but wbmd can sit here and sling it at Sager. You are our hero.
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

mustangman wrote:WBMD loves taking shots at coaches while hiding behind his false name on here. Gutsy I tell ya. Sager has forgotten more about the game than wbmd will ever know but wbmd can sit here and sling it at Sager. You are our hero.
I haven't even taken a shot at Sager this year. Not even once.
dubya44

Post by dubya44 »

i dont get what everyone has against sager... i would have been lucky to have a coach like taht. he cares a ton about the players and always puts together a good team. i see nothing wrong with how he handles things or his coaching style.
Pioneerprideguy

Post by Pioneerprideguy »

dubya44 wrote:i dont get what everyone has against sager... i would have been lucky to have a coach like taht. he cares a ton about the players and always puts together a good team. i see nothing wrong with how he handles things or his coaching style.
As I've said before, us Hill Murray people think he is doing a great job & hope he has a job there at WBL for life! :D
dubya44

Post by dubya44 »

Pioneerprideguy wrote:
dubya44 wrote:i dont get what everyone has against sager... i would have been lucky to have a coach like taht. he cares a ton about the players and always puts together a good team. i see nothing wrong with how he handles things or his coaching style.
As I've said before, us Hill Murray people think he is doing a great job & hope he has a job there at WBL for life! :D
Now are you just saying that cuz hill has won most of the games vs wb with him as coach or do you really mean it... thats the real question
B

Post by B »

wbmd wrote:
surehockey wrote:Wasn't Forest Lake's goalie out sick for the WBL FL game?
Good question since the backup goalie started. I'm sure Moberg would have made a difference. Maybe not for a win, but, we'll never know now.
Moberg didnt even show up. but neither did their backup goalie. the WB fans gave him a really hard time...poor guy
Last edited by B on Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B

Post by B »

Pioneerprideguy wrote:
no more phillipi. thats all i gotta say