Roseau vs. Warroad

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

SB24

Post by SB24 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:02 am

why??? do you think it bothers me when roso wins? I would rather have them win it then anyone else in AA .. but it is fun to watch you guys trying to set up times to have fights.........
RIP suzy 12.10.2006 - 2.27.2008

RamWarrior

Post by RamWarrior » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:30 pm

What happened here, this thread turn in to Ultimate Fighter or what!!! :twisted:

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:38 pm

myhockey wrote:I have to apologize to all posters for my comments that I have made about Watch dog. It is hard for me to understand why somebody would pick the apposing team to win when that person is from Roseau. He picked Moorhead to win which is his opinion fine but this group of kids on the rams this year have never been given credit when credit is due. This group is struggling right now but by the end of the year they will be a team to contend with. Watchdog all I have to say is be very careful what you say about this team and we won't have any problems. Also the post above you made it sound like you agreed with SB24 but if you did not great. Also rams 3 Warroad 2!!!!! Go RAMS!!!! :D
Watchdog picked Roseau to win in OT.

He said, "Me too." to a previous post.
Another poster put a Warroad winning prediction in prior to his prediction being posted.
And in an earlier post he had them winning outright.

So settle down boys or admins will toss both of you.

D16Dad

Post by D16Dad » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:47 pm

elliott70 wrote:
myhockey wrote:I have to apologize to all posters for my comments that I have made about Watch dog. It is hard for me to understand why somebody would pick the apposing team to win when that person is from Roseau. He picked Moorhead to win which is his opinion fine but this group of kids on the rams this year have never been given credit when credit is due. This group is struggling right now but by the end of the year they will be a team to contend with. Watchdog all I have to say is be very careful what you say about this team and we won't have any problems. Also the post above you made it sound like you agreed with SB24 but if you did not great. Also rams 3 Warroad 2!!!!! Go RAMS!!!! :D
Watchdog picked Roseau to win in OT.

He said, "Me too." to a previous post.
Another poster put a Warroad winning prediction in prior to his prediction being posted.
And in an earlier post he had them winning outright.

So settle down boys or admins will toss both of you.
Watchdog - Use of the "Quote" button adds clarity (as does proof reading, spell check, grammar check, etc... :lol: :lol: :lol: )

RamWarrior

Post by RamWarrior » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:53 pm

Roso 7 War 4 no wait
War 5 Ros 3 no
War 4 Ros 0 well no
Ros 6 War 5 Final

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm

Legion must be getting packed by now. One more bump and east on 11.
Traffic jam on Hwy 11 twice a year.

Anyone able to post updates please do so....

HockeyHigh

Post by HockeyHigh » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:12 pm

Warroad - 2
Roseau - 1
First Intermission

1st Period Scoring Summary:

Warroad Goal: Dane Shaugabay at :39 Unassisted

Warroad Goal: Brock Nelson at 1:14 asst Brett Hebel

Roseau Goal: Adam Knochenmus at 16:47 assisted by Cole Kostrzewski

Penalties:
Warroad: 4 for 8 Minutes
Roseau: 4 for 16 Minutes ( 1 - 10 min)

watchdog

Post by watchdog » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:52 pm

i said the score would be roseau 5-3. i said "me too" to the guy with the handel imissmyhockey. i was saying i miss playing hockey too. sorry it caused so much confustion!!!!! i didnt realize that a me too statement would cause soooooooooo much buzz. i think its time to hang this site up its just not fun anymore oh well i have other things to do. also to help you out d16 i have tried one time to figure out the quote option failed badly and havent botherd since. spelling well i turned 40 today and its to late for that.

SB24

Post by SB24 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:03 pm

post are in order.... it not hard if you cant understand that....well you have no business telling other ppl to proofread things :roll:
RIP suzy 12.10.2006 - 2.27.2008

HockeyHigh

Post by HockeyHigh » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:06 pm

Warroad - 5
Roseau - 2
Final
1st Period Scoring Summary:

Warroad Goal: Dane Shaugabay at :39 Unassisted

Warroad Goal: Brock Nelson at 1:14 asst Brett Hebel

Roseau Goal: Adam Knochenmus at 16:47 assisted by Cole Kostrzewski

Penalties:
Warroad: 4 for 8 Minutes
Roseau: 4 for 16 Minutes ( 1 - 10 min)

Shots On Goal:
Warroad: 5
Roseau: 4

2nd Period Scoring Summary:

Warroad PP Goal: Andy Stoskopf at 3:11 asst Shaugabay and Micky Knox

Warroad Goal: 5:04 Micky Knox asst Chris Sylvester and Shaugabay

Roseau PP Goal: Kevin Erickson @ 8:45 Shane Omdahl and Knochenmus

Penalties: Warroad 2 for 4 Minutes
Roseau: 1 for 2 Minutes

2nd Period Shots On Goal:
Warroad 8 (2 period total 13)
Roseau: 4 (2 period total 8)

3rd Period Scoring Summary:
Warroad PP Goal: Brett Hebel @ 11:23 asst Brock Nelson and Michael Pieper

Penalties Warroad: 2 for 4 Minutes
Roseau 3 for 6 Minutes

warriors41

Post by warriors41 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:27 pm

i love being right. Im glad that Warroad won but both teams played kinda sloppy for my tastes. hopefully the next game will be better

D16Dad

Post by D16Dad » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:35 pm

SB24 wrote:post are in order.... it not hard if you cant understand that....well you have no business telling other ppl to proofread things :roll:
Can you explain that to me again??? Speak slower this time. I was just continuing Elliott's explanation with a gentle nudge to Watchdog's ribs. I am well aware of Watchdog's posting style, and the predicament it put him in this time around. Kind of like your declaration above...
I also wasn't telling him he had to proofread, just made some suggestions to help add clarity of thought. Watchdog - Happy B-day and keep on posting!

black sheep

Post by black sheep » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:36 am

ewe ewe ewe

There is no better friend to a sheep than a good watchdog.

I was called a TROLL once last year for predicting a 2 and out at the state tourney.

Sometimes honesty is hard for some to live with...there is no bigger fan of the Rams than the Dog. I gare un teeee.

The fact is that the Rams are struggling, for many reasons. We all hope they get things turned around. Success breeds success.

Northland Crackshot

Post by Northland Crackshot » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:50 am

Don't expect the Rams to get out of their tailspin before tournament time rolls around. Sure, Oliver coming back will help, but this teams woes are deeper than that. Player development, in many cases, has been minimal. This teams chances of a fourth straight section championship are little to none. (Maybe Moorehead forgets to show up for the game).
Back to the drawing board after this disappointing showing against Warroad. The truth of the matter is that if you took three players off this team, Roseau would have a hard time getting by Hallock or LOW. Or am I being to harsh?

myhockey

Post by myhockey » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:02 am

Northland Crackshot wrote:Don't expect the Rams to get out of their tailspin before tournament time rolls around. Sure, Oliver coming back will help, but this teams woes are deeper than that. Player development, in many cases, has been minimal. This teams chances of a fourth straight section championship are little to none. (Maybe Moorehead forgets to show up for the game).
Back to the drawing board after this disappointing showing against Warroad. The truth of the matter is that if you took three players off this team, Roseau would have a hard time getting by Hallock or LOW. Or am I being to harsh?
You are correct Roseau is struggling but the Loss to warroad was alot closer then people realize. Roseau made mistakes and Warroad capitalized which a good team will do. there is things the younger kids need to learn and certain Seniors also need to step up and be leaders also.I still say by playoffs Roseau will be fine. Also Lund was gone last night and for some reason the kids respond to him more then Oliver in my opinion. I think maybe he does some kind of damage control after oliver leaves the locker room or maybe right on the bench. Anyways it is a team effort and the RAMS will be ready at the end!!!!!

DmanDad1980

Post by DmanDad1980 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:54 am

Northland Crackshot wrote:Don't expect the Rams to get out of their tailspin before tournament time rolls around. Sure, Oliver coming back will help, but this teams woes are deeper than that. Player development, in many cases, has been minimal. This teams chances of a fourth straight section championship are little to none. (Maybe Moorehead forgets to show up for the game).
Goaltending...
Yes, they are struggling in many phases, but I sense that the biggest difference from the last two years, is goaltending...

For those close to the team, please correct or elaborate on this...

black sheep

Post by black sheep » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:51 pm

DmanDad1980 wrote:
Goaltending...
Yes, they are struggling in many phases, but I sense that the biggest difference from the last two years, is goaltending...

For those close to the team, please correct or elaborate on this...
hard to replace lee on the ice for sure...but harder to replace his leadership.

goaltending looks better when you dont leave uncovered forwards in the slot.

Its just a lot of things...discombobulation i say.

karl(east)

Post by karl(east) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:32 pm

I've listened to radio feeds of Roseau's 2 most important games this year (Moorhead and Warroad). In each game, the opponent has buried several goals in the first few minutes. Warroad had 2 in the first few last night, while Moorhead had a bunch (4?) in a short period of time.

After that, the games have been more or less even, at least to the point where Roseau could have won with a lucky bounce here or there had the game been started after the first five minutes. I don't know if there's some remedy for this, but it's a pretty obvious problem plaguing Roseau.

The point here is that Roseau isn't nearly as bad as the scores have made them look, at least from what I've observed. I'm not saying they can compete with some of the best teams in the state, but it would be a mistake to write them off in what is a very weak section.

rightwinger

Post by rightwinger » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:18 pm

karl(east) wrote:I've listened to radio feeds of Roseau's 2 most important games this year (Moorhead and Warroad). In each game, the opponent has buried several goals in the first few minutes. Warroad had 2 in the first few last night, while Moorhead had a bunch (4?) in a short period of time.

After that, the games have been more or less even, at least to the point where Roseau could have won with a lucky bounce here or there had the game been started after the first five minutes. I don't know if there's some remedy for this, but it's a pretty obvious problem plaguing Roseau.

The point here is that Roseau isn't nearly as bad as the scores have made them look, at least from what I've observed. I'm not saying they can compete with some of the best teams in the state, but it would be a mistake to write them off in what is a very weak section.
Ok, have you seen them play? You said observed, but radio isn't quite the same......

Goldy23

Post by Goldy23 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:23 pm

Warroad wins because they are a better team! (this year)

karl(east)

Post by karl(east) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:42 pm

rightwinger wrote:
karl(east) wrote:I've listened to radio feeds of Roseau's 2 most important games this year (Moorhead and Warroad). In each game, the opponent has buried several goals in the first few minutes. Warroad had 2 in the first few last night, while Moorhead had a bunch (4?) in a short period of time.

Ok, have you seen them play? You said observed, but radio isn't quite the same......
No, I haven't...I missed their myfoxhockey appearance(s?) and my location obviously prevents me from hopping in my car and driving up to Roseau.

Though a lot of the subtleties may be missed, I think one can get a pretty good impression for the general flow of a hockey game via radio, though.