BSM vs. Hill 1/20

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who takes the W?

BSM Red Knights
46%
Hill-Murray Pioneers
54%

Total votes: 26

JV State Champs

BSM vs. Hill 1/20

Post by JV State Champs »

Big non-conference matchup for both teams. Hill has obviously had their issues but nonetheless they should still provide a tough test for the Red Knights.
I like BSM 2-0
FightingSiouxForever

Post by FightingSiouxForever »

BSM 2
HILL 1 in OT
This should be a really good game. Both are great team, but I see the Knights pulling through on this one. When and where will it be?
JV State Champs

Post by JV State Champs »

FightingSiouxForever wrote:BSM 2
HILL 1 in OT
This should be a really good game. Both are great team, but I see the Knights pulling through on this one. When and where will it be?
It starts at 7 at the SLP Rec Center.
FightingSiouxForever

Post by FightingSiouxForever »

JV State Champs wrote:
FightingSiouxForever wrote:BSM 2
HILL 1 in OT
It starts at 7 at the SLP Rec Center.
Thanks.
dynamicD

Post by dynamicD »

I'm gonna say it's gonna be a feel good game for Hill as the pull away a nice win in this one

Hill 3
BSM 2
stpaul

HM - BSM

Post by stpaul »

Hill-Murray looked pretty good last night. They clobbered North 9-1. Their D & goaltending were very solid. They have work to do to get the new lines playing together well. The new first line of Zepeda, Bahe & Faust was not clicking, but the power play was outstanding. I think it will be a close game.
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

im taking hill 3-2 in a nailbiter. The team is coming around and after a week of practicing with new linemates and teammates I think they are clicking. although NSP is not a great measuring stick, a 9-1 beating is still impressive
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20
breakout

Re: HM - BSM

Post by breakout »

stpaul wrote:Hill-Murray looked pretty good last night. They clobbered North 9-1. Their D & goaltending were very solid. They have work to do to get the new lines playing together well. The new first line of Zepeda, Bahe & Faust was not clicking, but the power play was outstanding. I think it will be a close game.
They played North St. Paul, don't get too excited.

I am picking HM to win in a close game.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

Given the Hill-Murray situation, this is a tough game to predict. I agree their game against NSP doesn't mean much, other than show they still have enough talent to put the puck in the net against a weaker team.

But I have to predict that BSM will expose their weaknesses, and will win this game by a two goal margin, either 5-3 or 4-2.
fanatichockeyguy

Post by fanatichockeyguy »

This is a make or break game for both teams. Hill can find out if they have a chance to succeed with all they have lost. BSM can figure out if they are a contender or pretender. I say a tie, 1-1 or 2-2.
GO BEARS!
hockeyroyals

Post by hockeyroyals »

With Hill losing some key players i gotta go

BSM 4
Hill 1
Indians forever

Post by Indians forever »

BSM wins this 5-2.
Hillfan

Post by Hillfan »

Good luck to the Pioneers, this will be a nice test for them tonight. Now is the time to start stringing wins together so that a hot streak can be used in entering sectional play which starts in about a month. I hope the guys have made the adjustment and know their roles. They all need to be leaders from here on out, no matter what line or how many minutes they play.

Prediction: HM 3, BSM 2

Best of luck to Benilde in future times, too.
Hill-Murray Pioneers 2008 State Champions!
Hockey_High09

Post by Hockey_High09 »

Indians forever wrote:BSM wins this 5-2.
Good goaltending on both sides. I like Hill 3-2. BSM just seems a little off this year and Hill has a ton to prove.
mnhockey30

Post by mnhockey30 »

Benilde won 3-2 in OT came back from 2-0 in the third to tie it at 2-2
Dazed&Confused

Post by Dazed&Confused »

Hill is not nearly the team they where. If they make it too the section finals I will be surprised. BSM is good at best not great.
HShockeyz

bsm average hill looks good but

Post by HShockeyz »

Hill can't score against the average teams or better.

Zepeda needs help, he's like Blake Wheeler at the gophs, too talented for this HS game, ready for the USHL now, but needs to work on the aim.

Who's this faust kid, related to G Faust at Angels? Seen him a few times, he logs lots of ice time but doesn't do anything, meanwhile they got some young ones that never get ice time. Suppose they will get it in the sections but won't have the experience by then.

You might think the catholic school would pray for a keeper to stop the puck and help them win. Seems they are only guaranteed a win against the meek. Can't stop the average or better teams. Good tenders help their team win games, this is the first time in ages Hill needs it and it aint there. Won't even make section finals to meet up with WBL this year with that one.

Gotta root for them now, they are the underdogs (never thought Id say it), maybe some unknown will break out and start scoring or stopping.
youngblood08

Re: bsm average hill looks good but

Post by youngblood08 »

HShockeyz wrote:Hill can't score against the average teams or better.

Zepeda needs help, he's like Blake Wheeler at the gophs, too talented for this HS game, ready for the USHL now, but needs to work on the aim.

Who's this faust kid, related to G Faust at Angels? Seen him a few times, he logs lots of ice time but doesn't do anything, meanwhile they got some young ones that never get ice time. Suppose they will get it in the sections but won't have the experience by then.

You might think the catholic school would pray for a keeper to stop the puck and help them win. Seems they are only guaranteed a win against the meek. Can't stop the average or better teams. Good tenders help their team win games, this is the first time in ages Hill needs it and it aint there. Won't even make section finals to meet up with WBL this year with that one.

Gotta root for them now, they are the underdogs (never thought Id say it), maybe some unknown will break out and start scoring or stopping.

The Faust kid is from Stillwater, his dad played on the '83 Hill team. Smart, hard working average player.

Zepeda definately misses the bread for his butter. He had chemistry with the ones that left after years with the Blades so it might be a few games before the younger fillins can figure out what works with him.
hockeyhockeyhockey

Post by hockeyhockeyhockey »

In 1983 Faust was on the 3rd line and on the ice and assisted on the winning State Tourny goal against Burnsville in the 3rd period...maybe his son can capture some magic and get a couple big goals in regions...
Hillfan

Post by Hillfan »

I hope you're right hockeyhockeyhockey!

Unfortunate that the boys lost the lead in the third and eventually the game in OT. Hopefully the Pioneer squad is able to adjust from any mistakes they may have made and learn from them. Best of luck to the guys as they continue to advance through the 2nd half. Hard work and team chemistry through leadership can get you far as long as you bring it forth!
Hill-Murray Pioneers 2008 State Champions!