Park Rapids vs Northern Lakes 01/20/2009

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

section8a

Park Rapids vs Northern Lakes 01/20/2009

Post by section8a »

Who will win the rematch. Park Rapids won the first meeting 4-3 in Park Rapids.
WendyClark

Post by WendyClark »

Any Menahga Kids on the team?

I'll take PR Area by alot
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

4-3 for the AA team to reverse the earlier game.
section8a

Post by section8a »

elliott70 wrote:4-3 for the AA team to reverse the earlier game.
I've been reading this forum for a couple of years now, and I have to say Elliott, you want everyone to think you are this fair impartial third party, observer, kind of a guy, but you never miss a chance to take a shot at Park Rapids. I don't care who you think is going to win this game, but I wonder what it is that has made you the PR hater that you are.

I wonder if its the fact that Bemidji has been the under achiever in all of section 8 for over a decade or two. Maybe because Bemidji should be a AA school and they are not, and still they can't compete with the big dogs.
HHHMMM, not sure, I'll have to keep pondering !!!!
MNHockey75

Post by MNHockey75 »

Northern Lakes 6, Park Rapids 3
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

section8a wrote:
I've been reading this forum for a couple of years now, and I have to say Elliott, you want everyone to think you are this fair impartial third party, observer, kind of a guy, but you never miss a chance to take a shot at Park Rapids. I don't care who you think is going to win this game, but I wonder what it is that has made you the PR hater that you are.

I wonder if its the fact that Bemidji has been the under achiever in all of section 8 for over a decade or two. Maybe because Bemidji should be a AA school and they are not, and still they can't compete with the big dogs.
Yes, you should ponder, because you no nothing about me.

A shot at Park Rapids becauwse I take the Pequot kids on their home ice after a one goal victory at home.

Perhaps that I go out of way to see PR varsity or youth games or that a decade and more ago I set up a squirt league to include PR to give them a chance to play good games without having to travel far (and stay home). Perhaps because I took some PR kids into the prep league a few years ago and gave them good reviews and promoted them to jr coaches, perhaps that is why I hate PR so bad.

IMO I don't think PR is an upper level program, that does not mean I don't like them.

Quit thinking kid and just play hockey to the best olf your ability or follow your team and cheer for them.

PR is not going to get more respect from people until they win more and their youth teams get stronger. Right now without a bantam level program its tough to consider their program more than average if that.

Quality players, sure. But Hallock and Red Lake Falls put qulaity players into the junor & college ranks all the time. It does not make their program an elite one.

I have not been involved in Bemidji's program for 9 years. I cheer for them. I want them to be succesful, but I don't cry myself to sleep when someone gives me their opinion of them.

Sorry to yell at you kid, but I am not a PR hater.
I cheer for northern teams. But I am not going to color things all rosy for you or anyone else.
section8a

Post by section8a »

elliott70 wrote:
section8a wrote:

A shot at Park Rapids becauwse I take the Pequot kids on their home ice after a one goal victory at home.

Perhaps that I go out of way to see PR varsity or youth games or that a decade and more ago I set up a squirt league to include PR to give them a chance to play good games without having to travel far (and stay home). Perhaps because I took some PR kids into the prep league a few years ago and gave them good reviews and promoted them to jr coaches, perhaps that is why I hate PR so bad.

IMO I don't think PR is an upper level program, that does not mean I don't like them.

Quit thinking kid and just play hockey to the best olf your ability or follow your team and cheer for them.

PR is not going to get more respect from people until they win more and their youth teams get stronger. Right now without a bantam level program its tough to consider their program more than average if that.

Quality players, sure. But Hallock and Red Lake Falls put qulaity players into the junor & college ranks all the time. It does not make their program an elite one.

I have not been involved in Bemidji's program for 9 years. I cheer for them. I want them to be succesful, but I don't cry myself to sleep when someone gives me their opinion of them.

I cheer for northern teams. But I am not going to color things all rosy for you or anyone else.
Wow, I struck a nerve. Wasn't it you that just said to me a few posts ago that we shouldn't take the pregame trash talk too serious? Now I turn the tables on you just a little bit and you go off on me. Come on, I can take it, I think you can take it too. I was just pointing out, if everything is equal and you have a choice between PR and any other team, you side with the other team, every time. As I have sat back and watched over the last few years, I started to think you did it just to get a reaction out of Souix Recruit. Now I wonder if there something else there, thats all. At the end of the day, I don't care who you choose. Like you said, thats the fun of having these forums.
SB24

Post by SB24 »

oh booohooo your below average team doesn't get picked to win games!!

why should anyone else pick them to win games when they dont even think they can win...?
RIP suzy 12.10.2006 - 2.27.2008
Pucklvr

Post by Pucklvr »

I am also going to take the AA team and raise it a two goal game.

Northern Lakes 3
Park Rapids 1

AND please don't start on me bashing the kids, or not respecting PR, or yadda, yadda, yadda. Don't ask questions you don't want to know the answers to. You asked what people thought and that is what I think. I think home ice is gonna help NL and I think revenge is gonna help NL.
section8a

Re: Park Rapids vs Northern Lakes 01/20/2009

Post by section8a »

section8a wrote:Who will win the rematch. Park Rapids won the first meeting 4-3 in Park Rapids.
I think Park Rapids will extend there streak of 7 games without a loss, to 8 games. Senior Cody Shirmers is back and will make an immediate impact. Park Rapids wins 5-3.
EHSHack

Post by EHSHack »

Go Northern Lakes!
Go Hounds.
MNHockeyDieHard

Post by MNHockeyDieHard »

Final 3-3 tie
PhantomoftheArena

Post by PhantomoftheArena »

Someone said the shots were 50-27 in the game for PR. Does anyone know if this is true? I guess PR tied it up with 4 minutes left in the third and no one scored in the OT, obviously. All 3 Northern Lakes goals came on the PP's, I was told. The guy also said that once PR got up 2-0 almost immediately in the first they had another puck trickling in which was pretty visible and the ref blew the play dead. That could have put more momentum on PR's side for a blowout or NL would of had to fight back harder.
Mr. Bo Dangles

Post by Mr. Bo Dangles »

Puck was not trickling in, but was not covered by goalie either. I am not saying it wouldn't have went in, but their were 2 northern lakes players right there to clear the puck. PR might have had that many shots, I believe they had 23 in the 1st.
EHSHack

Post by EHSHack »

So wheres section8aa? Hiding in his closet with his computer turned off now that he looks like a royal ass for hyping a team that couldn't beat a mediocre team? Looks like it.
Go Hounds.
section8a

Post by section8a »

EHSHack wrote:So wheres section8aa? Hiding in his closet with his computer turned off now that he looks like a royal ass for hyping a team that couldn't beat a mediocre team? Looks like it.
Is a 12 and 2 team a mediocre team? Isn;t that your team? Was Park Rapids unbeaten streak ended? Looks like I was more right than you, who was to scared to even make a prediction. I don't thiink I was trying to hype my team. I am just supporting the team I've chosen to follow.
EHSHack

Post by EHSHack »

section8a wrote:
EHSHack wrote:So wheres section8aa? Hiding in his closet with his computer turned off now that he looks like a royal ass for hyping a team that couldn't beat a mediocre team? Looks like it.
Is a 12 and 2 team a mediocre team? Isn;t that your team? Was Park Rapids unbeaten streak ended? Looks like I was more right than you, who was to scared to even make a prediction. I don't thiink I was trying to hype my team. I am just supporting the team I've chosen to follow.
First of all ,I don't know why you you said I was scared to make a prediction, thats utter nonsense, was it to make your little rant bigger and better?

Second, I consider them mediocre yes. 12-2, yes. Who have they beaten? Teams like a god knows where Fosston team, and Duluth Central (BY ONE GOAL!) East has beaten Top 10 teams and plays good competition. If East had dropped a game to Cloquet and say Denfeld, I would start to call them mediocre, because you cant lose games like that.

Third, you "don't think you were trying to hype your team?" Is that why you blasted someone for not picking them, because you obviously thought they deserved the hype of being picked to win this game.

Fourth, OOOO you broke a ONE GAME winning streak. Thatttts real impressive... :^o :roll:

Fifth, I dont really care about Park Rapids. If they win, more power to them, if not, thats fine too.
Go Hounds.
SiouxRecruit

Post by SiouxRecruit »

section8a wrote:
elliott70 wrote:
section8a wrote: I've been reading this forum for a couple of years now, and I have to say Elliott, you want everyone to think you are this fair impartial third party, observer, kind of a guy, but you never miss a chance to take a shot at Park Rapids. I don't care who you think is going to win this game, but I wonder what it is that has made you the PR hater that you are.

Wow, I struck a nerve. Wasn't it you that just said to me a few posts ago that we shouldn't take the pregame trash talk too serious? Now I turn the tables on you just a little bit and you go off on me. Come on, I can take it, I think you can take it too. I was just pointing out, if everything is equal and you have a choice between PR and any other team, you side with the other team, every time. As I have sat back and watched over the last few years, I started to think you did it just to get a reaction out of Souix Recruit. Now I wonder if there something else there, thats all. At the end of the day, I don't care who you choose. Like you said, thats the fun of having these forums.
Is someone sticking up for me??!! :o ....and on the whole Elliott not liking PR thing...I feel he has nothing against PR..hes a good man and he shares his mini doughnuts...they were great thanks... Elliott...section8....appreciate taking over my old spot...keep it comin lol
Catch me On YouTube @ FishOnLuke
SiouxRecruit

Post by SiouxRecruit »

PhantomoftheArena wrote:Someone said the shots were 50-27 in the game for PR. Does anyone know if this is true? I guess PR tied it up with 4 minutes left in the third and no one scored in the OT, obviously. All 3 Northern Lakes goals came on the PP's, I was told. The guy also said that once PR got up 2-0 almost immediately in the first they had another puck trickling in which was pretty visible and the ref blew the play dead. That could have put more momentum on PR's side for a blowout or NL would of had to fight back harder.
42-34 shot in favor of PR...PR did have 23 in the 1st...
UpNorthStars

Post by UpNorthStars »

hey suzy, get your brother some ritalin...geez!
section8a

Post by section8a »

UpNorthStars wrote:hey suzy, get your brother some ritalin...geez!
Elliot and I have come to an understanding. I agree that he is a good hockey mind. I know he is not a PR hater or and kind of a hater. Elliot didn't even have to give me any mini dougnuts for me to say this.
SiouxRecruit

Post by SiouxRecruit »

section8a wrote:
UpNorthStars wrote:hey suzy, get your brother some ritalin...geez!
Elliot and I have come to an understanding. I agree that he is a good hockey mind. I know he is not a PR hater or and kind of a hater. Elliot didn't even have to give me any mini dougnuts for me to say this.
You are on of the lucky ones.... :shock:
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

[quote="SiouxRecruit"][quote="section8a"][quote="UpNorthStars"]hey suzy, get your brother some ritalin...geez![/quote]

Elliot and I have come to an understanding. I agree that he is a good hockey mind. I know he is not a PR hater or and kind of a hater. Elliot didn't even have to give me any mini dougnuts for me to say this.[/quote]

You are on of the lucky ones.... :shock:[/quote]

Not to sure who you are Elliot. I started in the PR hockey progam the 1st year it was started. It was started by Ted Johnson and Mr Bishop that takes us back to the very early 70's I do not ever recall in the last decade hearing your name for squirts as I coached a squirt team there in the late 70's and the District set ALL OUR GAMES UP. we set our own scrimmages up and so on. PR is one of the late comers to High School Hockey and have do a good job with there program. So who ever you are I need to know more about who you worked with from PR for the squirt program before I can believe any part of that. I moved to the Cities in 89 I still have family that is involved with PR hockey
defense

Post by defense »

section8a wrote:
elliott70 wrote:
section8a wrote: I've been reading this forum for a couple of years now, and I have to say Elliott, you want everyone to think you are this fair impartial third party, observer, kind of a guy, but you never miss a chance to take a shot at Park Rapids. I don't care who you think is going to win this game, but I wonder what it is that has made you the PR hater that you are.

If Park Rapids is not the better team, why pick them to win????
Park Rapids will never get respect even after they go to section championship or state, or even state championship....Look at Wadena, they couldn't support their one year of success....Look at Little Falls, they play a decent schedule with some upper level teams that they ARE beating in a run for a fifth state tournement in a row.....and ....have been ranked top 2 all year and NO ONE is giving them respect, the difference is I think their fans are buying it.
Bottom line: cheer and support your team...who cares what everyone else thinks??
MNHockey75

Post by MNHockey75 »

Northern Lakes #6 seed in 8AA

Park Rapids #7 seed in 8A

What are we talking about here? Are we really comparing Duluth East and Park Rapids? Give me a break.