warroad vs moorhead

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

who will win

Poll ended at Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:47 pm

warroad
90%
moorhead
10%

Total votes: 21

riverman

warroad vs moorhead

Post by riverman »

who will win this one?
SPUDHOCKEY

Post by SPUDHOCKEY »

it's easy, Warroad the way they've been playing...but you just never know!
Black Gallagher

Post by Black Gallagher »

Yeah as much as it pains me to say it I have to give this one to the Warriors
UpNorthStars

Post by UpNorthStars »

maybe the poll should've read will the spuds keep this out of running time? yes or no

:wink:
HardF1

Post by HardF1 »

Warroad 4-0

The spuds need to figure something out, they are headed the wrong direction.
SB24

Post by SB24 »

warroad 7-1
RIP suzy 12.10.2006 - 2.27.2008
Indians forever

Post by Indians forever »

Going with the Spuds!! 5-4.
CitiesSpudsGuy

Post by CitiesSpudsGuy »

UpNorthStars wrote:maybe the poll should've read will the spuds keep this out of running time? yes or no

:wink:
My thoughts exactly. I have to go with NO.... not the way they've been playing the last 9 games or so. I sure wouldn't mind being wrong though.
Last edited by CitiesSpudsGuy on Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
50+ years of Spuds Hockey
profan105

Post by profan105 »

SB24 wrote:warroad 7-1
I don't know if it will be that high, I think marks should play well and keep it reasonable
MNHockey75

Post by MNHockey75 »

spuds 5
warriors 4

F/ot

Running time? :roll:
Edger

Post by Edger »

Indians forever wrote:Going with the Spuds!! 5-4.

Ding! Ding! Ding!
Winner, winner, chicken dinner.
Great call, IF ...
Indians forever

Post by Indians forever »

Edger wrote:

Ding! Ding! Ding!
Great call, IF ...
What did I tell you all!!! 8) 8) 8)
HockeyFan_11

Post by HockeyFan_11 »

Anybody have the scoring for Warroad thanks?
dueling21

Post by dueling21 »

HockeyFan_11 wrote:Anybody have the scoring for Warroad thanks?
I don't, but I do know that Altenbernd had a natural hat trick for Moorhead, which led 4-1 late in the second period. Warroad came storming back to tie it at 4-all and almost won it in regulation. It ended up going to overtime, thanks to Bitzer in net who made some great glove saves in the final minutes of the third. Jordan Doschadis nets the game-winner on the powerplay in OT...
warriors41

Post by warriors41 »

I do not normally like to play this card but the officials did not seem to call the game fairly. This is a shame. Too bad these teams don't play twice a year so the Warriors can try to redeem themselves and show what they could have done in a fair game. They were cheated out of this game.
CitiesSpudsGuy

Post by CitiesSpudsGuy »

warriors41 wrote:I do not normally like to play this card but the officials did not seem to call the game fairly. This is a shame. Too bad these teams don't play twice a year so the Warriors can try to redeem themselves and show what they could have done in a fair game. They were cheated out of this game.
I wondered how long it would take some Warroad fan to whine about the officiating. :roll: :( The penalties I saw were correctly called on BOTH sides. This was one hell of a game and I'm glad I was there to see it. And yes, I was one of the people who predicted it would be running time in the 3rd for Warroad. I'll admit I was wrong. That's fine with me. I'm glad the Spuds proved me wrong. :D
50+ years of Spuds Hockey
Teak

Post by Teak »

Indians forever wrote:
Edger wrote:

Ding! Ding! Ding!
Great call, IF ...
What did I tell you all!!! 8) 8) 8)
Yes, isn't that EDIT button nice?

:oops:
spectator

Post by spectator »

the home team got some home cooking here, I am not a fan of warroad or moorhead, but seemed like the game of the day so we drove up from MPLS to watch.as soon as warroad got momentum the stripes would make a call against them and 3 differant calls look at each other and laughed, the gentleman that I was sitting with was a scout and made a comment about that and got up after the 2 period and left the game. that a shame because it was a good game right up to the point they called a penalty in overtime! Shame on you refs. those kids played there hearts out and for you to make a lame call in overtime like that you all should turn in your whistles
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

warriors41 wrote:I do not normally like to play this card but the officials did not seem to call the game fairly. This is a shame. Too bad these teams don't play twice a year so the Warriors can try to redeem themselves and show what they could have done in a fair game. They were cheated out of this game.
Here we go again - oldest excuse in the hockey world !!! Sounds like the Warriors deserve a lot more respect than their fans.

A GOOD team that hadn't played anyone up 'til now. A GREAT team wouldn't have gotten down 4-1 or would have scored a SHG to win it.
MNHockey75

Post by MNHockey75 »

spectator wrote:the home team got some home cooking here, I am not a fan of warroad or moorhead, but seemed like the game of the day so we drove up from MPLS to watch.as soon as warroad got momentum the stripes would make a call against them and 3 differant calls look at each other and laughed, the gentleman that I was sitting with was a scout and made a comment about that and got up after the 2 period and left the game. that a shame because it was a good game right up to the point they called a penalty in overtime! Shame on you refs. those kids played there hearts out and for you to make a lame call in overtime like that you all should turn in your whistles
A scout wouldn't leave a game because of refs. There are a lot of reasons why he might leave, but not refs.
dueling21

Post by dueling21 »

spectator wrote:the home team got some home cooking here, I am not a fan of warroad or moorhead, but seemed like the game of the day so we drove up from MPLS to watch.as soon as warroad got momentum the stripes would make a call against them and 3 differant calls look at each other and laughed, the gentleman that I was sitting with was a scout and made a comment about that and got up after the 2 period and left the game. that a shame because it was a good game right up to the point they called a penalty in overtime! Shame on you refs. those kids played there hearts out and for you to make a lame call in overtime like that you all should turn in your whistles
It was a questionable call in overtime, but it came right on the heels of an equally questionable penalty on Moorhead that gave the Warriors a powerplay for the final minute of the third and the first minute of OT. And we all know what that means...make up call. It's just that the Spuds capitalized on their chance.
DA-MAN

Post by DA-MAN »

Spuds......5-1
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

DA-MAN wrote:Spuds......5-1
This game already happened.
puckluck19

Post by puckluck19 »

maybe hes predicting next year already?
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »