Cloquet Girl Hit In The Face By A Puck

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

tjbabcock

Cloquet Girl Hit In The Face By A Puck

Post by tjbabcock »

A fan at the marshall and cloquet game got hit square in the face. there was blood everywhere, and now in the hospital im pretty sure
puckman22

Post by puckman22 »

they need some higher glass in cloquet.
I went to a fight, and a hockey game broke out.
Indians forever

Post by Indians forever »

Hopefully Girl is ok!!!! You are right the Glass there is terrible.
biscuit in the basket

Post by biscuit in the basket »

Hopefully she is alright!
Was there last year for the WB game and a girl was hit in the face also. This one sounds more serious though and something needs to change there.
Puck the Sioux, Go Gophers.
Indians forever

Hopefully this will do it!!!
HockeyHigh

Post by HockeyHigh »

Indians forever wrote:Hopefully this will do it!!!
I smell a lawsuit.
Indians forever

Interesting but I doubt it. Otherwise there would be alot of arenas shut down do to this kind of incident. You are watching at your own Risk sort of speak.
blanco oso

Post by blanco oso »

the glass at forest lakes new arena is REALLY danerous. i got hit with a stick if that means anything...ive never been to cloquets but at flakes new arena someone is going to get seriously injured here pretty soon...you literally stand over the glass if your in the front row
Land Of The Free, Home Of The BEARS
biscuit in the basket

Post by biscuit in the basket »

blanco oso wrote:the glass at forest lakes new arena is REALLY danerous. i got hit with a stick if that means anything...ive never been to cloquets but at flakes new arena someone is going to get seriously injured here pretty soon...you literally stand over the glass if your in the front row
Its about the same in Cloquet.
Puck the Sioux, Go Gophers.
pondpucker13

Post by pondpucker13 »

Indians forever wrote:Interesting but I doubt it. Otherwise there would be alot of arenas shut down do to this kind of incident. You are watching at your own Risk sort of speak.
Agreed. I'm pretty sure that arenas have policies that when you buy the ticket you are understand and accept the risks of watching a hockey game. However, I think people still file lawsuits and occasionally win. That's why Mariucci finally put up netting behind the goals. Hope she is OK.
I get older they stay the same age, alright alright
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

The Cloquet boards are actually at a pretty comfortable height if you want to rest your arms on something while you stand watching the game. Roughly half of the PA Announcer's words over the course of a game at the Lumberdome are something along the lines of "please do not lean on the glass..." :lol:

But seriously, they are a safety hazard. Fans get hurt by pucks, and it's so low that it makes it far too easy to throw things over them, either onto the ice or at the spectators on the other side...and I'm not talking about Chuck-a-Pucks here.
niper-hawkfan

Post by niper-hawkfan »

watch for flying pucks!
iwearmysunglassesatnight

Post by iwearmysunglassesatnight »

[quote="niper-hawkfan"]watch for flying pucks![/quote]

lets back up , i hope the girl is going to recover 100%..

Did this happen in the old Cloquet arena, or the newer one next door?
The old one, there is only the corners safe to sit. My wife was sitting in the middle under the heat, and I asked her to move to the corner. In the middle your torso and face is above the glass only feet from the ice.. bam.

I am unfamiliar with the glass being low in the newer arena, and have watched a 1/2 dozen or so games in it. Burnsville rink 1 on the other hand, same thing.. on side opposite the players bench. Glass is below the seats.
Was a duster and paying for it?????
pacman

Post by pacman »

The Boards are Way to Low...especially if your Sitting Across from the Main Benches Next to the announcers...I was pretty scared sitting there for the Hibbing-Cloquet game.
Lucia4President

Post by Lucia4President »

Seamless glass would be a great addition to a very nice arena.
HOUNDS
gophermadman

Post by gophermadman »

HockeyHigh wrote:
Indians forever wrote:Hopefully this will do it!!!
I smell a lawsuit.
as an attorney, she has no reason to sue and thats without me knowing next to anything about the situation. Hockey is a watch at your own risk, and for her to sue would cost so much in pre-litigation vs. what the city of cloquet could reasonably pay out that its a waste of her time. I hope the girl is ok and wish her the best of luck in her recovery. Hopefully the rink can take additional measures to prevent this type of thing in the future.
SEMNHOCKEYFAN

Post by SEMNHOCKEYFAN »

niper-hawkfan wrote:watch for flying pucks!
kinda a lil hard 2 do if the players r just whipping them up into the stands and some of em r just like slap shots up into em so who knos if she saw it comin r not....
hockeyhair15

Post by hockeyhair15 »

anyone have pictures of the dammage? :D easy everyone just messing arround. seriously tho that glas does need to be higher, kinda sucks that something like this had to happen to bring that to everyone's attention. i was actualy able to find a clip from that night, don cherry was there and here are his thoughts on what happened.. enjoy. http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=yRm_K9OpYbo
Last edited by hockeyhair15 on Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
enjoy this post while it lasts....
fromdanorth

don cherry

Post by fromdanorth »

only in Canada can you talk like a idiot on TV and get away with it :P
although, i have herd come bonehead comments at the rink :lol:
every rink has their don cherrys especialy in the 70's and 80's
EHSHack

Post by EHSHack »

Kenny Mellin's stick grazed my face at the Lumber Dome last year... And i was standing back about 3 feet.
Go Hounds.
onemoveOTH

Post by onemoveOTH »

hockeyhair15 wrote:anyone have pictures of the dammage? :D easy everyone just messing arround. seriously tho that glas does need to be higher, kinda sucks that something like this had to happen to bring that to everyone's attention. i was actualy able to find a clip from that night, don cherry was there and here are his thoughts on what happened.. enjoy. http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=yRm_K9OpYbo
I hope she's OK but hockeyhair15 that made me laugh (Don C) oh boy
hockeydad

Post by hockeydad »

iwearmysunglassesatnight wrote:
niper-hawkfan wrote:watch for flying pucks!
lets back up , i hope the girl is going to recover 100%..

Did this happen in the old Cloquet arena, or the newer one next door?
The old one, there is only the corners safe to sit. My wife was sitting in the middle under the heat, and I asked her to move to the corner. In the middle your torso and face is above the glass only feet from the ice.. bam.

I am unfamiliar with the glass being low in the newer arena, and have watched a 1/2 dozen or so games in it. Burnsville rink 1 on the other hand, same thing.. on side opposite the players bench. Glass is below the seats.
They have heat in the old Cloquet Arena? :lol:

I've been there for a couple of youth tournaments, and don't know if I've ever been so cold in my life. (It was a very cold weekend....)
Indians forever

Is there any status on the Girl??
DHMN

Post by DHMN »

I don't know why I never joined the site, but I've been reading off and on for a few years...

While it was definitely a tragedy that it happened.. it needs to be a lesson to everyone who attends hockey games.... watch the game! Being at the game and seeing it happen, she and her friends were turned away from the play for the most part, and someone else said they were busy texting at the same time. Just like a baseball game, you need to be paying attention to what's going on. Pro and college events have warnings of flying projectiles to limit their liabilities in case of a tragedies like these.

That said, Yes, we need glass that is 2 feet higher like other arenas have these days. The Heritage Center in Duluth was built with glass that is high enough to make a safe environment, and our Cloquet arena needs to be also.
hockeyhair15

Post by hockeyhair15 »

DHMN wrote:I don't know why I never joined the site, but I've been reading off and on for a few years...

While it was definitely a tragedy that it happened.. it needs to be a lesson to everyone who attends hockey games.... watch the game! Being at the game and seeing it happen, she and her friends were turned away from the play for the most part, and someone else said they were busy texting at the same time. Just like a baseball game, you need to be paying attention to what's going on. Pro and college events have warnings of flying projectiles to limit their liabilities in case of a tragedies like these.

That said, Yes, we need glass that is 2 feet higher like other arenas have these days. The Heritage Center in Duluth was built with glass that is high enough to make a safe environment, and our Cloquet arena needs to be also.
Don C has psychic powers :shock: he predicted this in what looks like 1975!!
enjoy this post while it lasts....