Section 4AA

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who goes to state?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:48 pm

Hill-Murray
31%
Roseville
7%
White Bear
33%
Stillwater
6%
Tartan
16%
Mounds-View
8%

Total votes: 89

joycer10

Section 4AA

Post by joycer10 »

This section is really close and should be interesting to watch play out. So anybody got any predictions?
prospector

Post by prospector »

white bear has to be the favorite now since HM took that hit in players but dont count out the teams at the lower end,,, there has been alot of close games this season from Fl and MV against the big boys
youngblood08

Post by youngblood08 »

Stillwater, Tartan or Roseville are my bets.
prospector

Post by prospector »

roseville just lost to MV tartan is kina wishy washy stillwater isnt too bad but not the overall talent as WB
youngblood08

Post by youngblood08 »

Stillwater and Tartan square off Tuesday night at Tartan. This should set the tone for the section tournament.

How is this for a end of the season schedule?

Stillwater @ Forest Lake Sat, Jan 31 7:30 pm FLAAA
Stillwater @ Tartan Tue, Feb 03 7:30 pm Tartan Arena
WBL @ Stillwater Thurs, Feb 05 7:30 pm St Croix
Cretin-Derham Hall @ Stillwater Sat, Feb 07 7:30 pm St. Croix
Stillwater @ Mounds View Tue, Feb 10 7:30 pm RC Shoreview
Stillwater @ Cloquet Esko Carlton Fri, Feb 13 7:30 pm Cloquet
Stillwater @ Duluth East Sat, Feb 14 1:00 pm Duluth Heritage
Park @ Stillwater Thu, Feb 19 7:30 pm St. Croix

Hopefully they get back on track with the PP and get the puck in the net a little more.
cody53193

Post by cody53193 »

I agree that this section is really close. Here are who i think have a chance to win this section in order:

1. White Bear Lake: Overall they have the most talent and i think that they have the leadership to make it to state.

2. Hill-Murray: The suspension did hurt but they still are capeable of winning this thing. They have a very good sophomore goalie and soild lines.

3. Tartan: They're good but not great. They're capeable of beating Hill-Murray, Roseville, and Stillwater in my opinion. Also they don't have alot of depth.

4. Roseville: I pick them over Stillwater because they've shut them out twice. Roseville is a very strange team to me. They beat prety good teams like Stillwater, Forest Lake, and White Bear but then they lose to teams like Mounds View and Eastview who arn't very good.

5. Stillwater: They have beaten quality teams and stumbled aganist not so good teams. They could easily win this section if they're on top of their game just like every other team. I think that they need to look back at their 6-2 win over Benilde eariler this season and play like they did in that game.

Mounds View, North St. Paul, and Park all do have a chance of getting maybe a first round upset but just dont have the firepower to win this thing.
Last edited by cody53193 on Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WBLHockeyfan04

Post by WBLHockeyfan04 »

Hill Murray's goalie is a sophomore :roll:
WBLHockeyfan04

Post by WBLHockeyfan04 »

I think come section time. Both Hill, and WBL will be playing great hockey, and meet for yet again another section championship. It's just meant to be :D
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

Would be nice to see somebody "new" go to state, such as Stillwater, but I think it will come down to Hill and White Bear again.
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

cody53193 wrote:Mounds View, North St. Paul, and Park all do have a chance of getting maybe a first round upset but just dont have the firepower to win this thing.
I do believe that Park is in 3AA.
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

WBLHockeyfan04 wrote:I think come section time. Both Hill, and WBL will be playing great hockey, and meet for yet again another section championship. It's just meant to be :D
And if 'it's just meant to be', then Hill will advance to yet another State Hockey Tournament.
buzzershot

Post by buzzershot »

With Hill and Stillwater faultering I have to go with WBL. Roseville might challenge the Bears if they play physical and stay out of the box. The TV games I saw WBL play in the 3rd line played as well or if not better than the top lines, so WBL is a very solid team. The Bears have alot of fire power with the 3 forward lines but are weak at defence. But they still have the edge in the Section. Its a put up or shut up year for WBL becauses it theres to win or lose with how the year is shaking out.
stmartin123

Post by stmartin123 »

My sure bet is WBL and then hill, but i wouldnt be surprised to see stillwater pull off an upset
mnhcky65

Post by mnhcky65 »

stmartin123 wrote:My sure bet is WBL and then hill, but i wouldnt be surprised to see stillwater pull off an upset
not with the way they have been playing lately. I guess tomorrow night will be quite the deciding factor for Stillwater and WBL.
cody53193

Post by cody53193 »

Why do people keep saying Stillwater will get the upset?

Roseville Shut them out twice.

Tartan just beat them.

Maybe they can beat White Bear, but they can't beat the teams that everyone says they should eaisly beat.
Pioneerprideguy

Post by Pioneerprideguy »

As of today:

1. HM
2. WB
3. Tart
4. Rose
5. Still
6. MV
7. NSP
8. John
9. Como
10. Saints

Multiple head-head games left so changes may happen, but as of today, this is how I have it.
youngblood08

Post by youngblood08 »

1. Rose
2. Tartan
3. HM
4. Still
5. WB
6. MV
7. NSP
8. John
9. Como
10. Saints

The way I see it.
ImissMYhockey

Post by ImissMYhockey »

Some important upcoming games for seeding
2/10 Mounds View vs. Stillwater
2/12 Tartan vs. Hill
2/12 Roseville vs. White Bear
2/21 Mounds View vs. North
2/21 Johnson vs. Como
greyhoundsnation27

Post by greyhoundsnation27 »

cody53193 wrote:Why do people keep saying Stillwater will get the upset?

Tartan just beat them.

Maybe they can beat White Bear, but they can't beat the teams that everyone says they should eaisly beat.
Because they beat BSM and WBL earlier. But you're right, they haven't really done anything since.
youngblood08

Post by youngblood08 »

greyhoundsnation27 wrote:
cody53193 wrote:Why do people keep saying Stillwater will get the upset?

Tartan just beat them.

Because they beat BSM and WBL earlier. But you're right, they haven't really done anything since.

Lets see what happens on the 14th.
titanmgr.radatz

Post by titanmgr.radatz »

This section is incredibly close.
We got Hill Murry, SSP, and Tartan all with 15 points tied for 2nd place. St. Thomas is in 1st with 21.

It will be awesome and very interesting to see how this goes, Tartan will hopefully come out on top!

TITANS ALL THE WAY
Pioneerprideguy

Post by Pioneerprideguy »

titanmgr.radatz wrote:This section is incredibly close.
We got Hill Murry, SSP, and Tartan all with 15 points tied for 2nd place. St. Thomas is in 1st with 21.

It will be awesome and very interesting to see how this goes, Tartan will hopefully come out on top!

TITANS ALL THE WAY
I could not have said it any better...way to represent the Tartan Faithful. :lol:
titanmgr.radatz

Pioneerprideguy wrote:
titanmgr.radatz wrote:This section is incredibly close.

TITANS ALL THE WAY
I could not have said it any better...way to represent the Tartan Faithful. :lol:
Thank you, coming from a Hill Murray fan that is very nice of you not to just go off on a rampage.. like pucknutz.
titanmgr.radatz

WBLHockeyfan04 wrote:Hill Murray's goalie is a sophomore :roll:
Whats your point on that? That he is really good and will make it to state, or he's bad? Just wondering. Thanks
sllek

Post by sllek »

After Saturday's games, I'd say the section seedings should look something like this:
1. Winner of Thrusday's Hill-Tartan game
2. Loser of Hill-Tartan
3. Roseville
4. Stillwater
5. White Bear Lake
6. Mounds View
7. North St. Paul
8. Johnson
9. Como Park
10. Saints

There could still be a lot of movement among the top five teams. Right now, I have Stillwater above White BEar because they are 1-0-1 against the Bears this year. I see a big drop-off between 5 and 6. Mounds View is capable of pulling an upset, but I don't thing they're consistent enough to win the section.