Tech and Roseau

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

western

Tech and Roseau

Post by western »

Tech and Roseau tie today, 3-3 at the NHC in St. Cloud. Having seen both games, Tech get manhandled 6-0 up in Roseau last Saturday, and today's game, it appears Tech had a different team today, moving the puck quickly, making plays and creating chances -- solid D and good goaltending.

Tech went up 1-0. Roseau tied, then went ahead 2-1 and 3-1 before Tech came back on a PP goal and an empty net goal. Tech outshot Roseau something like 32 to 24. \

Roseau's Nick Oliver did not play last Sat. but played today. Out for Tech were D Dylan Orthaus (game DQ) and Jared Maetche (injured).
Son of March

Post by Son of March »

I was at the game too. Oliver still looks shaky. Had a coulple nice plays but some real weak/ugly plays as well. He definately gives them some depth and enables them to score from 2 lines.

I loved the Powerplay goal they got in the 3rd. On the Ice: Erickson, Omdahl, and Knochenmus up front; Landman and Oliver on the points. That's a team that's not real confident in their defensemen. It just goes to show how huge Ness was for them the last couple of years. It'd be fun to see this group get to state one more year though.
Last edited by Son of March on Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tuffy

Post by tuffy »

[quote="Son of March"]I was at the game too. Oliver still looks shaky. Had a coulple nice plays but some real weak/ugly plays as well. He definately gives them some depth and enables them to score from 2 lines.

I loved the Powerplay goal they got in the 3rd. On the Ice: Erickson, Omdahl, and Knochenmus up front; Landman and Oliver on the points. That's a team that's not real confident in their defensemen. It just goes to show how huge Ness was for them the last couple of years. It be fun to see this group get to st
Last edited by tuffy on Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
mch

Re: Tech and Roseau

Post by mch »

western wrote:Tech and Roseau tie today, 3-3 at the NHC in St. Cloud. Having seen both games, Tech get manhandled 6-0 up in Roseau last Saturday, and today's game, it appears Tech had a different team today, moving the puck quickly, making plays and creating chances -- solid D and good goaltending.

Tech went up 1-0. Roseau tied, then went ahead 2-1 and 3-1 before Tech came back on a PP goal and an empty net goal. Tech outshot Roseau something like 32 to 24. \

Roseau's Nick Oliver did not play last Sat. but played today. Out for Tech were D Dylan Orthaus (game DQ) and Jared Maetche (injured).
Tech scored an empty net goal?
western

Post by western »

Sorry, wrote too quickly. It was not an empty net goal. They pulled their goalie for an extra attacker and scored with about 30 seconds left. My mistake. l