Who's going to State out of section 8AA

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Dean_O66

Who's going to State out of section 8AA

Post by Dean_O66 »

I'm Just wondering what people's thoughts are about who they believe we will see at the state tournament in March?
Indians forever

Post by Indians forever »

The Spuds.
HardF1

Post by HardF1 »

Rams.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

roso
toothpick25

Post by toothpick25 »

Rams dynasty is over spuds beat them twice once at home and away how coupd you say they will come through and pull off section title rams lost all good players last couple of years spuds will take it hands down
CitiesSpudsGuy

Post by CitiesSpudsGuy »

toothpick25 wrote:Rams dynasty is over spuds beat them twice once at home and away how coupd you say they will come through and pull off section title rams lost all good players last couple of years spuds will take it hands down
How much do you really know about hockey, toothpick25? Just a couple of years ago, the Spuds were one of the best teams in the state (only one loss during the regular season) and drubbed Roseau both times they played in the regular season (Roseau's only losses that year) and then lost to the Rams 1-0 in the section final. It happens, and this year the section is more unpredictable than it's been in a long time. Don't forget that the Spuds had to go to OT with Roseau when they played in Moorhead. With the Spuds tying St. Cloud Tech just last week, the door is wide open. Playing good defense and having solid goaltending in the section tourney will be even more important this year.
50+ years of Spuds Hockey
toothpick25

Post by toothpick25 »

Really Bro? They lost in the past to a team with amazing goaltending last time with the name city spud guy? Where is the faith man or should you change your name to rams fan I have every right to opinion just like you so when I say something don't disrespect my opinion we will see what happens my opinion is rams aren't what they used to be is that okay with you spud guy? Or do I not no what I'm talking about? Spuds will take 8AA section
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

st cloud tech in the shocker!
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20
ImissMYhockey

Post by ImissMYhockey »

sachishi4 wrote:st cloud tech in the shocker!
Yea I agree its time for a fresh face.
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

toothpick25 wrote:Really Bro? They lost in the past to a team with amazing goaltending last time with the name city spud guy? Where is the faith man or should you change your name to rams fan I have every right to opinion just like you so when I say something don't disrespect my opinion we will see what happens my opinion is rams aren't what they used to be is that okay with you spud guy? Or do I not no what I'm talking about? Spuds will take 8AA section

HUH ?

Almost that whole thing is one long, rambling sentence ! Ever heard what a period & comma are for ?
CitiesSpudsGuy

Post by CitiesSpudsGuy »

toothpick25 wrote:Really Bro? They lost in the past to a team with amazing goaltending last time with the name city spud guy? Where is the faith man or should you change your name to rams fan I have every right to opinion just like you so when I say something don't disrespect my opinion we will see what happens my opinion is rams aren't what they used to be is that okay with you spud guy? Or do I not no what I'm talking about? Spuds will take 8AA section
First off, I'm not your 'bro'. Second, my screen name has nothing to do with the topic. I live in Moorhead (maybe get a clue from my quote at the bottom). I am and always will be a Spuds fan. I didn't say I didn't have faith in the team. You obviously didn't get the point of my previous post, otherwise you wouldn't be whining about me 'disrespecting' your opinion. Everybody has the right to their opinion. And I have the right to point out the flaws in your thinking when you post them on a public forum.

In case you hadn't noticed, the Spuds record isn't that great this year either, and the section IS WIDE OPEN. It's not a lock for the Spuds. I can appreciate your enthusiasm for the team, but be realistic. Maybe the Spuds will win the section, maybe they won't. I hope they do. The point is, it's not going to be as 'easy' as you think it will be.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

I think the Spuds.

I hope the Rams.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
HMWDBRY

Post by HMWDBRY »

Spuds.
CitiesSpudsGuy

Post by CitiesSpudsGuy »

east hockey wrote:I think the Spuds.

I hope the Rams.

Lee
There goes that Admin hatin' on the Spuds again! :lol: Just razzing ya, Lee. :P
Lucia4President

Post by Lucia4President »

I would really enjoy slapshooters' take on this one.
HOUNDS
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

That'll be a sad day for section 8AA.

Tech is not good.
The U invented swagger.
Dean_O66

Post by Dean_O66 »

I know im posting on my own topic but i'm asking what people think so no one is wrong or no one is right. Well find out when the section final game is played, yes toothpick25 yours is good guess as well as anyone else's! But lets just here your guess and move on so lets keep hereing peoples opinions who they think will be representing section 8AA at state!
:D
toothpick25

Post by toothpick25 »

Thanks BRO I mean cities spud guy. My bad
Lucia4President

Post by Lucia4President »

HOUNDS
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Well, I wanted to say Brainerd, but then someone would accuse me of sucking up to the Shady Bunch. Whatever the heck that would gain me. Maybe a free soda at Sheps, so long as I don't lift both elbows. Image

Lee
CitiesSpudsGuy wrote:

I hope the Rams.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

east hockey wrote:Well, I wanted to say Brainerd, but then someone would accuse me of sucking up to the Shady Bunch. Whatever the heck that would gain me. Maybe a free soda at Sheps, so long as I don't lift both elbows. Image

Probably not.
Free soda at the Corner Bar, you betcha.
:D

Lee
CitiesSpudsGuy wrote:

I hope the Rams.

Lee
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

Hey CSG, how'd you get to be a "BRO" - I'm jealous !
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

I hope the Rams.

Lee

Uh-oh, just discovered - another Tater Hater ! Probably 'cause the Taters have beaten the Dogs more times than the Sheep have.

(Where's Slappy when you need him ?)
Silent But Deadly

Post by Silent But Deadly »

SPUDNUT wrote:

I hope the Rams.

Lee

Uh-oh, just discovered - another Tater Hater ! Probably 'cause the Taters have beaten the Dogs more times than the Sheep have.

(Where's Slappy when you need him ?)
Admit it......you guys miss HOFam'r!!! :lol:
puckluck19

Post by puckluck19 »

Goldy Gopher wrote:
That'll be a sad day for section 8AA.

Tech is not good.
hey zenmaster- Tech tied both teams. Proving if they play well they are as good. I don't know that they will play well as they are very inconsistent. They are good enough to stick with the holy cathedral team. :wink:

-Ryan Zenner