Who's going to State out of section 8AA

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

adamp1914

umm

Post by adamp1914 »

Also I said two very good teams.

I'm not saying the spuds aren't better than the rams this year, but in every season mentioned where three wins for one side happened, the spuds were considerably better than roseau. That margin isn't quite as broad as those years.
western

Post by western »

Blue and Gold:

LOL at your comments. They are right on the money. I agree totally. If he knows he won't be back, he should do everything he can to piss those people off. He should sit them in the playoffs. What are they gonna do? Fire him? Great post.
SPUDNUT

Re: umm

Post by SPUDNUT »

adamp1914 wrote:Also I said two very good teams.

I'm not saying the spuds aren't better than the rams this year, but in every season mentioned where three wins for one side happened, the spuds were considerably better than roseau. That margin isn't quite as broad as those years.
Will agree that the difference between the 2 isn't much this year. But neither one can be considered a "very good team". No one in 8AA can.

My original point was: The chance of one beating the other 3 times in any given season is not all that uncommon. The Sheep also did it to the Taters in 2007-2008.
Dean_O66

Post by Dean_O66 »

Potatohead9 you can say that spuds did loose all those games down at the X during the swanns cup but that always was a team back in december the spuds have grown to become a stronger team! yes they did loose to hill down there but they just beat hill 5 to 2 on the road. Lost to jefferson the numher 1 team in state 4-3 ot down there and tied centenial 4-4 so yes they did loose those games and had a bad streak but i think if you ask me moorhead has turned it around and is hungry for revenge for the last two year's we have lost to the rams!!! but well see what happens on march 4th!!

GO SPUDS!! :D
CitiesSpudsGuy

Post by CitiesSpudsGuy »

Dean_O66 wrote:Potatohead9 you can say that spuds did loose all those games down at the X during the swanns cup but that always was a team back in december the spuds have grown to become a stronger team! yes they did loose to hill down there but they just beat hill 5 to 2 on the road. Lost to jefferson the numher 1 team in state 4-3 ot down there and tied centenial 4-4 so yes they did loose those games and had a bad streak but i think if you ask me moorhead has turned it around and is hungry for revenge for the last two year's we have lost to the rams!!! but well see what happens on march 4th!!

GO SPUDS!! :D
Yes, the Spuds have improved since the Schwan's Cup and they did beat H-M last Saturday. But you also have to remember that H-M's roster has changed considerably since then too, due to the players that got kicked off the team. So, honestly, they didn't beat the same team that took them apart 7-0.

The biggest thing I've noticed lately with the team is they aren't as consistent as I think they should be by now. They played great against Warroad, Centennial, and Jefferson. But then they turn around and tie Tech, just when you think they're on a roll. They'll need to turn it up a notch in the sections and keep that level of play all the way through if they want to get to the Xcel Center.
50+ years of Spuds Hockey
Dean_O66

Post by Dean_O66 »

Very true citiespudguy I would have to agree that it does seem that the spuds play to that teams level! for instance like you said they played jefferson warrod etc tough then tied tech. But all I have to say is lets hope now they have something to play for and actually want to make an appearance at the state tourny!!

GO SPUDS :D
puckluck19

Post by puckluck19 »

western wrote:Blue and Gold:

LOL at your comments. They are right on the money. I agree totally. If he knows he won't be back, he should do everything he can to piss those people off. He should sit them in the playoffs. What are they gonna do? Fire him? Great post.
Thats not funny. Its funny because it would make the parents mad but it would suck to be a player that got sat in the playoffs just because the coach wanted to be a jerk
olsgaard67

Post by olsgaard67 »

Spuds the playoffs with a 7 to 0 victory. This is a totally different team then what everyone saw over christmas break. I'm likin' the spuds takin' back the Section Title
Blue&Gold

Post by Blue&Gold »

puckluck19 wrote:

Thats not funny. Its funny because it would make the parents mad but it would suck to be a player that got sat in the playoffs just because the coach wanted to be a jerk
It's the PARENTS who are the jerks. Sometimes the parents create situations that suck for their kids, and this is one of those. Then little Johnny can go and cry to mummy after he finds out that mummy tried to get his coach fired because mummy was told things by Johnny that weren't totally true. (you know how this works.... )

Sorry to bring this up, but blame the parents when the kids take it on the chin. I stand with what I said.
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

puckluck19 wrote:

It would suck even more to be the kid of one of those parents.
The U invented swagger.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Why are those Tech kids on the team?
The coach should pick the team and who plays.

If the kid is on the team because of outside influence, why should he play.
If he is playing becasue of outside influence, tehn why have a coach, a couple of student managers can open the doors.

Fire the parents and the spineless admin.
Let the coach, coach.
theblandyman

Post by theblandyman »

puckluck19 wrote: -Ryan Zenner
Wow, manly call out! Get a life buddy!

Tech is good on their best day...but their best day doesn't come often. I'm hoping they can come out of this section, but don't see them beating two good teams in a row...they haven't all season.
puckluck19

Post by puckluck19 »

theblandyman wrote:

Tech is good on their best day...but their best day doesn't come often. I'm hoping they can come out of this section, but don't see them beating two good teams in a row...they haven't all season.
"Call out"? I didn't think posting a name was a call out? Did I affiliate it with anyone? Nope. Gunnerstahl on the other hand did. Just to keep things clear.

And a life? Where can I find one? (don't point me to the same place goldy got his :wink: )
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

puckluck19 wrote:
theblandyman wrote:

"Call out"? I didn't think posting a name was a call out? Did I affiliate it with anyone? Nope. Gunnerstahl on the other hand did. Just to keep things clear.

And a life? Where can I find one? (don't point me to the same place goldy got his :wink: )
Well let's hear your name then if it's not a big deal.

You apparently know who we all are so I'd say it's only fair if we know who you are too.
The U invented swagger.
puckluck19

Post by puckluck19 »

Goldy Gopher wrote:
puckluck19 wrote:
theblandyman wrote: Wow, manly call out! Get a life buddy!

Well let's hear your name then if it's not a big deal.

You apparently know who we all are so I'd say it's only fair if we know who you are too.
I never said it wasn't a big deal. I simply said it wasn't me who did it. Can you understand that? 8)
puckluck19

Post by puckluck19 »

I am puckluck19 thats all you have to know........ :P
gopherhockey21

Post by gopherhockey21 »

puckluck19 wrote:I am puckluck19 thats all you have to know........ :P
Want a prize for that.....?
puckluck19

Post by puckluck19 »

No... I dont think I deserve one. Did I say or hint at me wanting a prize? Would you like a prize for whatever you did?
gopherhockey21

Post by gopherhockey21 »

puckluck19 wrote:No... I dont think I deserve one. Did I say or hint at me wanting a prize? Would you like a prize for whatever you did?
What was the reason for saying that than? We don't care.
Orty

Post by Orty »

sachishi4 wrote:st cloud tech in the shocker!
Some new blood would be nice. Tech made it to the first four tournaments - '45 thru '48. Last run was in '50 thru '52.

After 57 years, they're about due.

Orty
puckluck19

Post by puckluck19 »

gopherhockey21 wrote:
puckluck19 wrote:No... I dont think I deserve one. Did I say or hint at me wanting a prize? Would you like a prize for whatever you did?
What was the reason for saying that than? We don't care.
I was kind of making that point about your post asking if I wanted a trophy. It was pointless. So if that clears it up for ya? :?
WiKKeD1

Post by WiKKeD1 »

Orty wrote:
Some new blood would be nice. Tech made it to the first four tournaments - '45 thru '48. Last run was in '50 thru '52.

Orty
Roseau and Tech must not have been in the same section/region then, since Roseau won state in '46 :)
ACTUALFORMERPLAYER

Post by ACTUALFORMERPLAYER »

WiKKeD1 wrote:
Orty wrote:

Orty
Roseau and Tech must not have been in the same section/region then, since Roseau won state in '46 :)
Tech was in section 6. They also brought some hardware home in 1946. Consolation Champs.
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

That's what I figured. :roll:
The U invented swagger.
puckluck19

Post by puckluck19 »

Goldy Gopher wrote:
That's what I figured. :roll:
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: