Proctor Rails vs Denfeld Hunters

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Proctor vs. Denfeld

Proctor
27%
Denfeld
73%

Total votes: 22

Northlandhockey77

Proctor Rails vs Denfeld Hunters

Post by Northlandhockey77 »

First round of playoffs Section 5A
#3 Denfeld vs. #6 Proctor

Previous meeting: 4-3 OT denfeld :shock:
Lucia4President

Post by Lucia4President »

Duluth Denfeld 5
Proctor 3

Shots 32-24 Hunters

Should be a pretty good game.
HOUNDS
dulutheastfan

Post by dulutheastfan »

Denfeld will roll by 3
"Nothing Runs like a Greyhound"
Rocketwrister

Denfeld

Post by Rocketwrister »

Denfeld will by 3 or 4 goals.
barnorthhockeyguy

Post by barnorthhockeyguy »

Denfeld by 2
sinbin006

Post by sinbin006 »

Proctor 4 (EN)
Denfeld 2

:shock:
EHSHack

Post by EHSHack »

Based on what I've seen, Outdoorsman 6 Trains 1 or 2. Proctor looked like a bad JV squad when they took Central into overtime after blowing a 2 goal lead with 2 min left and then lost. Denfeld on the other hand looked sharp for 2 periods against East before we turned it on. I think Denfeld could surprise some people in sections.
Go Hounds.
Northlandhockey77

Post by Northlandhockey77 »

EHSHack wrote:Based on what I've seen, Outdoorsman 6 Trains 1 or 2. Proctor looked like a bad JV squad when they took Central into overtime after blowing a 2 goal lead with 2 min left and then lost. Denfeld on the other hand looked sharp for 2 periods against East before we turned it on. I think Denfeld could surprise some people in sections.
i did some research and according to the box score proctor scored two goals in the third period to tie the game in the game they lost in ot to the trojans. hmmm...[/b]
fkahckyprofessor20

Post by fkahckyprofessor20 »

Denfeld 5
Proctor 1

Denfeld with 45+ shots on net
EHSHack

Post by EHSHack »

Northlandhockey77 wrote:
EHSHack wrote:Based on what I've seen, Outdoorsman 6 Trains 1 or 2. Proctor looked like a bad JV squad when they took Central into overtime after blowing a 2 goal lead with 2 min left and then lost. Denfeld on the other hand looked sharp for 2 periods against East before we turned it on. I think Denfeld could surprise some people in sections.
i did some research and according to the box score proctor scored two goals in the third period to tie the game in the game they lost in ot to the trojans. hmmm...[/b]
Touche. That is how is happened. I was there I must have just mixed it up. However it doesnt change my prediction. They still looked slow. However if they hold Denfeld to a 1 goal lead in the third they very well may pull it off.
Go Hounds.
OldTimeHockey1963

Post by OldTimeHockey1963 »

Its no surprise Denfeld is the favorite. They have a much more talented team but we have seen Proctor hold some good teams close because the Proctor goalie is an excellent player. The ice will be severely tilted in Denfeld's favor tomorrow although the score may not be. The hunters can blow them away if they get up early and i think they will.

Hunters 6
Rails 1
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Northlandhockey77 wrote:
i did some research and according to the box score proctor scored two goals in the third period to tie the game in the game they lost in ot to the trojans. hmmm...
[/b]

The Trojans are Duluth Central.

Duluth Denfeld are the Hunters.

Are you sure you checked the right game.

Denfeld beat Proctor 4 to 3, also.
EHSHack

Post by EHSHack »

Well I live in Duluth so yes I think I would know who Duluth Central and Duluth Denfeld are. Methinks you didn't read my post close enough, as I was talking about 2 different games...
Last edited by EHSHack on Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Go Hounds.
PuckRanger

Post by PuckRanger »

You can't totally count the Rails out in this one. Despite thier record, they have pretty much been in every game this year, with the exception of back to back games with Hermantown and Virginia where they were outscored 17-0. They have some guys up front that can score and a very good goaltender. My guess is this will be close. Denfeld has struggled late in games, so if the Rails keep it close, they have a good shot. They will need their goalie, Derek Robinson, to be on though. If he struggles, Denfeld cruises.
hshockeyfan53

Post by hshockeyfan53 »

Well for whoever does win this game, it will surely be the last win of the season for them because of who waits in the semis (assuming that Hermantown beats Mora :D ) I just cant see either team advancing past the semis even though I think Denfeld has shown very good signs this year. If they play like they did against East, hell, they could win the section! (unlikely however with the inconsistency they have shown) My prediction for tonight: Denfeld 6-1. Trust me Ive seen what happens to Proctor when they get down by 2 or 3 goals. They stop playing hockey and start their own game called "Whoever can rack up the most penalty minutes wins a donught!" But then again thats just what I have seen.....
barnorthhockeyguy

Post by barnorthhockeyguy »

All 5A games scheduled for today are postponed until tommorow night due to the weather. Denfeld vs Proctor will be at 6:00 pm tommorow. Was looking forward to the game tonight. I think both teams could have made it to the Heritage center. But im sure it would have been harder for the Mora team to make it up to Hermantown etc. So they postponed all the section 5A games. :(
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

EHSHack wrote:Well I live in Duluth so yes I think I would know who Duluth Central and Duluth Denfeld are. Methinks you didn't read my post close enough, as I was talking about 2 different games...
I was referring to Northland's post.
EHSHack

Post by EHSHack »

Oh right right. No harm done.
Go Hounds.
StarsHockey

Post by StarsHockey »

can i pick this game up on the internet anywhere?
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

StarsHockey wrote:can i pick this game up on the internet anywhere?
Indeed you can.
www.webc560.com