Sartel-St Stephen (18-7-1) @ Alexandria (21-4-1)

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who plays a Falls team in the 6A final?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:20 pm

Cardinals
68%
Sabres
32%

Total votes: 31

HShockeywatcher

Sartel-St Stephen (18-7-1) @ Alexandria (21-4-1)

Post by HShockeywatcher »

Playing at home, the Sabres got crushed 9-0, but playing as the away team in Alexandria they were able to muster a tie with the Cardinals.
Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad »

This will be at the MAC right?
snakedude11

Post by snakedude11 »

Yes this game is at the MAC, and i would like to hope it will be a packed house. As far as the game goes i know that sartell has been playing well as of lately, but i dont not think they will pull this one off. I watched the game in Alex, and the cardinals were completly controlling the game, and then in the 3rd period leading scorer got a 10 minute misconduct, and the rest of the first line did not play. One of them was sick, and the other i have no idea why he didnt play. But after sartell scored a few weak goals to tie it (which they were), alex took over the game again. Sartell will put up a fight, but alex will take this game and face the FLYERS in the finals. WHOOP WHOOP
Alex-5
Sartell-2
GopherPuckPlayer

Post by GopherPuckPlayer »

I am going with the upset here, and going with the sabers 3-2. Though should be a great game, and it will be a packed arena I am sure a lot of Little Falls fans will be there as well to watch to see who comes out on top of this game.
Red ice sells hockey tickets.
ice hacker

Post by ice hacker »

If Alex plays like they did last night they should take this one. First game that I have been to this year that Alex looked like a team from beginning to end. Their 2 top centers didnt skate in circles with the puck( I watch squirt hockey every weekend.) They crashed the net, got good quality shots, played good D. I realize Sartel will be alot stronger, going to say Alex 5-1.
snakedude11

Post by snakedude11 »

funny somebody from Small falls is picking the sabres to win, must not want to play alex....
GopherPuckPlayer

Post by GopherPuckPlayer »

snakedude11 wrote:funny somebody from Small falls is picking the sabres to win, must not want to play alex....
Well I would like to see either of the two teams play at the finals. Either way I think any sectional playoff team is a good show.
Red ice sells hockey tickets.
HasNoMoves

Post by HasNoMoves »

no team but alex stands a chance of beating LF...so i hope alex wins this game, and upsets LF in the finals..i love upsets.
EZgoalscorer

Post by EZgoalscorer »

I'm picking Alex in this one. Although I believe it will be very close.

Alex 4 Sartell 2
bruce06

Post by bruce06 »

Ill say alex 6-2. The first game was so lopsided and the second game was fairly lopsided as well although the score did not show it.
officeman

Post by officeman »

ill go with 5-1. Like bruce said the second game really wasnt near as close as the score showed. Alex had control and then resch got the 10 min. And the reason those guys were benched was do to selfish play I believe. So they were hurting rather than helping. I think this game wont be close as long as alex stays out of the box. Sartell next year will be the favorite for this section
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

Alex 5
Sartell 1

I really want to see LF vs. Alex for a trip to state.
The U invented swagger.
matthebat

Post by matthebat »

I would like to see Sartell pull it off
Sartell-2
Alex-1
onemoveOTH

Post by onemoveOTH »

Alex 5
Sartell 2

If this game ends this way, Alex next game will be another dissapointment. (not enough)
scarface

Post by scarface »

onemoveOTH wrote:Alex 5
Sartell 2

If this game ends this way, Alex next game will be another dissapointment. (not enough)
If you're saying that Alex has NO chance against Little Falls, I'd say you are mistaken. Nobody has played LF closer than Alex in the last year.
snakedude11

Post by snakedude11 »

agreed scarface....for those of you who didnt see the 1-0 game in alex, it could have gone either way, the first period alex had many many chances to score, but before we get to talk of alex vs little fals, how about we stay on the topic of alex vs sartell tonight, any final thoughts? Im still thinking a close game, but alex will prevail...
scarface

Post by scarface »

OK, back on topic. I'll take Alex in this one.......5 - 1.
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

Alex is better and they should win so I'll say, 6-2 Alexander
The Vet

Post by The Vet »

I'm sitting on the fence with this one, but i'm gonna have to say alex 3-1 with an empty netter. Sorry for whoever has to face the Flyers though.
deucereppin

Post by deucereppin »

Alex will prevail and face Little Falls in the ship......However Snobtell will fight hard.
scarface

Post by scarface »

Actual score: Alex 5 Sartell 0 end of e periods
snakedude11

Post by snakedude11 »

WOW what a game to say the least. First off awesome game by alex, and even better sportsmanship. Sartell may be the cheapest, most unsportsmanlike team i have ever witnessed. i think it was 3 game misconducts, and something like 20 penalties against the sabers. Just absolutly pathetic the way their coach was agging them on too, for those of you who dont know the coach is an Alex alumni......and the parents were almost just as bad as the players on the ice. Cheap players, cant handle losing to a better team, props to the cardinals....
theblandyman

Post by theblandyman »

snakedude11 wrote:WOW what a game to say the least. First off awesome game by alex, and even better sportsmanship. Sartell may be the cheapest, most unsportsmanlike team i have ever witnessed. i think it was 3 game misconducts, and something like 20 penalties against the sabers. Just absolutly pathetic the way their coach was agging them on too, for those of you who dont know the coach is an Alex alumni......and the parents were almost just as bad as the players on the ice. Cheap players, cant handle losing to a better team, props to the cardinals....
x2.

Leadership was very poor...from the coach to the captains and on down. When the cheapest kid on the team is a captain and their coach is clearly a headcase, what do you expect? Sartell was the cheapest team I have seen play all year...no doubt about it.
pondhockey

Post by pondhockey »

It must have been frustrating for Sartel the first two periods when Alex
could do no wrong. Everything went our way.

But there is no excuse nor will ther ever be for the way Sartel played
in the third period.
The Hanson brothers film was a comedy act not a coaching tool.

To watch his boys play like that, plowing the goalie,buttending in the corners, intentional boarding, and still arguing with the ref over the
calls showed that their head coach doesn't deserve to keep his job.

I hope their AD has the guts to fire him!
scarface

Post by scarface »

I can't remember watching or playing in a HS game with more penalites. Haven't looked at the game sheet yet but I guarantee you that Hemingway hasn't sprint skated that much since he played forward in Squirts!!

Too bad that the shut out didn't hold up to put an exclamation point on the game. Probably one of the few mishandled pucks I've ever seen out of him but he played well all game.

Should be a great section final after LF survived the first 2 periods against a hot Fergus goalie and D crew.