Moorhead vs Roseau - Section 8AA Championship 3/4/09

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who will win?

Moorhead
42%
Roseau
43%
I don't care
15%

Total votes: 114

Donger

Post by Donger » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:30 pm

hockeyfan333 wrote:Roseau fans just shut it! Student sections are kids having fun and they have every right to! Not my fault the Roseau athletic director doesnt let his kids have fun....And the Roseau student section?? 3 rows of kids?? Sure does show the team support. All that matters is that Moorhead beat Roseau 3 times this year...so get the snowmobile warmed up and go cry about it. At the rate you are crying about it you are going to flood the earth with all your tears. Get over it! Toothpick25......well put!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOO SPUDS!!!!!!!

How many NHL players does Roseau have right now....i cant remember oh wait NONE!!!!!!!
It looked like there was a lot of Roseau support at the Ralph. It appeared like there were just as many Ram fans as Spud fans. Lets see....Moorhead has a population of 32,177, and Roseau is 2600. It sure is amazing that a small town has been to the big show so many times, and has brought home so many championships.

CitiesSpudsGuy

Post by CitiesSpudsGuy » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:47 pm

All right, ladies!! Knock off the cat fight and go back to your corners! :roll: :lol:

50+ years of Spuds Hockey

toothpick25

Post by toothpick25 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:06 pm

Puckluvr if your not from moorhead or roseau why do you fight someone else's battle? Do you feel cool because you hate the spuds? Or are you jealous that the team you hate won? Once again cry some more
Love the pic spuds guy

Dean_O66

Post by Dean_O66 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:12 pm

i'll give you a classy make sure your watching us for on tv at state channel 9 if your wondering ill give you something classy!! :D

Pucklvr

Post by Pucklvr » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:49 pm

I am just going to drop my fight in this one because it is a never ending battle. Roseau and Moorhead have proven that they are one of the biggest rivals in the state. These "after the game" posting have proven that.

1. I do not think that I am cool for hating Moorhead??? Why is that even a thought? I don't get to much pleasure in walking around and saying I hate moorhead.

2. I am not jealous about anything, I went into the game thinking Moorhead was going to win, I accepted that fact and moved on.

I just find it annoying that when Moorhead wins it is SLAMMED into Roseau's face. I don't remember it last year that Roseau slammed it in Moorhead's face that they won. Maybe a little but not like the amount when Moorhead wins! It is that way all the time. I just feel that Moorhead is very jealous of Roseau.

I say I am not from either town, this is true, but I do watch BOTH of their hockey games often!

wishock

Post by wishock » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:47 pm

I have lived in both communities. Both are great, especially the people. So when I heard a broadcaster from the cities make a comment that Moorhead fans are rude, I didn't appreciate it. But this thread isn't helping. I will be pulling for you guys at the X. Make section 8 proud. And if they still give it, bring home the sportsmanship trophy for the best fans. I remember Roseau often did when I lived up there.

oldram

Post by oldram » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:07 am

Somebody on here made a comment about the Cullen years and the class involved with Moorhead hockey. I couldn't agree more.

Terry Cullen was an assistant coach in Roseau before he ended up in Moorhead. Roseau wouldn't even acknowledge Moorhead as a conteder until Mr. Cullen went to Moorhead after Fergus Falls. Moorhead had class when Mr. Cullen was there. Now.... show us.... How many NHLers?? Dustyn Byfuglien comes to mind. Talk about the future, talk about the past.... Moorhead is a bunch of Johnny come Latelys. Runner up at the state tournament is nothing to brag about.

The classless/wannabes part of the student section? Edina used to hold up newspapers in front of their faces before they played northern teams Warroad, Roseau, Eveleth, etc... Notice no Moorhead.

As for the "Who's he, he sucks?" statement during the starting line ups. See UND. See UND for "O'er the land of the free and the home of the SIOUX!" Not spuds. Get your own chants. The big M on your jersey stands for what? "M"an I wish we had an identity?"

You're Section 8AA Champs. ACT LIKE IT.

SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:40 am

oldram wrote:Runner up at the state tournament is nothing to brag about.

Maybe not, but it's a giant step ahead of Runner-Up in 8AA.

oldram

Post by oldram » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:59 am

Only if you don't have a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP BANNER hanging in your arena. Not "AA" not "A"..... STATE CHAMPIONSHIP. Get a life.

Runner up means you didn't win.

underthenbar01

Post by underthenbar01 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:10 am

[quote="SPUDNUT"][quote="oldram"]Runner up at the state tournament is nothing to brag about.[/quote]

Maybe not, but it's a giant step ahead of Runner-Up in 8AA.[/quote]

Haha that's great. And i still don't know why were all here fighting about class and old state championships... QUIT LIVING IN THE PAST!! Judging by both programs.. i'd say Moorhead has the nod to make it to state for a few years to come.. so good luck adding to the collection roseau.. as for the spuds, it'll come, i know it will, they have some great hockey players coming up in the next few years.. i wouldn't count them out at all for the coming years. Second of all, the fight about class, does class win games? no. the only thing that matters is that moorhead beat up on the rams without their best skater and scorer... so clearly the BETTER team is going to state, and wins gets ya there. NOT CLASS. GET OVER THE STUDENTS "RUDE" CHANTS... THEY'RE HIGHSCHOOL KIDS. you expect them to be nice and respectfull to their enemies? of course not. PEACE!
Remember to use spell check!

CitiesSpudsGuy

Post by CitiesSpudsGuy » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:27 am

oldram wrote:The classless/wannabes part of the student section? Edina used to hold up newspapers in front of their faces before they played northern teams Warroad, Roseau, Eveleth, etc... Notice no Moorhead.

As for the "Who's he, he sucks?" statement during the starting line ups. See UND. See UND for "O'er the land of the free and the home of the SIOUX!" Not spuds. Get your own chants. The big M on your jersey stands for what? "M"an I wish we had an identity?"
Bitter oldram, party of one... Bitter oldram, party of one... your table is ready. My God, I have never seen people get so riled over what a student section says and does. A damn student section! That's what you're all worked up about? You're the one who needs to get a life. Find something more important to worry about than what a student section does. You're more immature than those teenagers. :roll:
50+ years of Spuds Hockey

warriors41

Post by warriors41 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:42 am

My dad always told me the people with true class don't have to point out that they have true class.

The Best 4th Liner

Post by The Best 4th Liner » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:46 am

oldram wrote:Somebody on here made a comment about the Cullen years and the class involved with Moorhead hockey. I couldn't agree more.

Terry Cullen was an assistant coach in Roseau before he ended up in Moorhead. Roseau wouldn't even acknowledge Moorhead as a conteder until Mr. Cullen went to Moorhead after Fergus Falls. Moorhead had class when Mr. Cullen was there. Now.... show us.... How many NHLers?? Dustyn Byfuglien comes to mind. Talk about the future, talk about the past.... Moorhead is a bunch of Johnny come Latelys. Runner up at the state tournament is nothing to brag about.

The classless/wannabes part of the student section? Edina used to hold up newspapers in front of their faces before they played northern teams Warroad, Roseau, Eveleth, etc... Notice no Moorhead.

You're Section 8AA Champs. ACT LIKE IT.
Ok first of all yes Roseau has a very pretigous program that you can brag about all you want and you deserve to. Moorheads program has not been around with that magnitude long enough to win as many championships as you guys. Fact of the matter is both Moorhead and Roseau have made huge impacts on section 8 and the rest of the state in the past decade. Respect that. Moorhead is not on here bragging about their ancient history. They don't have one.

Second of all Moorhead was not respected untill Terry Cullen went there because they were no good untill he came here. Thats a fact. Respect comes with winning.

Third of all Byfuglien could not cut it in Roseau schools he never graduated from there. He is not an alumni however he does represent the community and yes he deserves the attention he is a great player. Roseau could turn this argument around and ask Moorhead # of former NHLers, Olymipc champion, stanley cup champions, hobey bakers, etc. Again they have a stories history and moorhead is still building theirs.

Finnaly, Moorhead is proud of there second place banners they have had a great run of state appearances the past decade or so 2nd place is something to be very proud of. How many teams are in the leauge, now to get second place out of that many teams. Quite an accomplishment to me.

Can we just stop the arguing and bitching about the other teams students sections and fans and respect each others programs
"Two minutes well worth it."

toothpick25

Post by toothpick25 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:16 am

Very well said 4th liner! This topic needs to be locked or something because this is done with. Moorhead, Roseau move on. End of discussion!

SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:56 am

oldram wrote:Only if you don't have a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP BANNER hanging in your arena. Not "AA" not "A"..... STATE CHAMPIONSHIP. Get a life.

Runner up means you didn't win.

My point exactly - it means YOU didn't win ! Another one still living in the past (has absolutely NOTHING to do with this year's teams). My sympathies.

SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:17 pm

warriors41 wrote:My dad always told me the people with true class don't have to point out that they have true class.

This world would be a much better place if more people were as smart as your dad.

GO WARRIORS !

TKO_81

Post by TKO_81 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:30 pm

If I were Moorhead, I would start to focus on the next game against Edina. :shock: This game and thread is over.

High_Plains_Dangler

Post by High_Plains_Dangler » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:20 pm

Dean_O66 wrote:Bronco guy way to tell those roseau parents whats up who cares about the game before over happend if you hate them so much cheer for our spuds buddy!! :D
Dean_O66 wrote:i'll give you a classy make sure your watching us for on tv at state channel 9 if your wondering ill give you something classy!! :D
Dean_066, are you drunk when you post, or just a few cocktails...
Relax, Take it slow, and Let the Good Times Roll

nipeshow18

Post by nipeshow18 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:23 pm

Yep, Dean seems to have pounded down a few Cosmos before he posts... It's extremely hard to even understand what you are trying to say...

MoMoney

Post by MoMoney » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:41 pm

The Best 4th Liner wrote:
DewBWah wrote: On another note, being a Roseau fan, I was very pleased to see how the team reacted at the medal ceremony - not throwing medals against the boards and the coaches stuck around til it was done. Little more class than someone showed a couple years ago.
Attention Moorhead Fans: Roseau is not only Gods gift to hockey but they are also Gods gift to the world. Do not try to one up them with your team because they will one up you with there class. Their team and fans do nothing wrong. They are the classiest city in the world. They also don't hold any grudges...can't forget that one.

HA
Attention Roseau Fans: Roseau is not only not going to state hockey, but they are crying about it. It's kinda hard to not have class in a town with 2500 people. The only reason roseau fans didnt do anything wrong is because there were only 15 people in their student section, and in the front was junior girls. pretty impressive. not. Moorhead likes to cheer for their boys and rattle the other team as well, its called fun you idiot. get back on your sled and have fun while we are actually cheering for our team at STATE. goodnight.

The Best 4th Liner

Post by The Best 4th Liner » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:47 pm

MoMoney wrote:
DewBWah wrote: On another note, being a Roseau fan, I was very pleased to see how the team reacted at the medal ceremony - not throwing medals against the boards and the coaches stuck around til it was done. Little more class than someone showed a couple years ago.
Attention Moorhead Fans: Roseau is not only Gods gift to hockey but they are also Gods gift to the world. Do not try to one up them with your team because they will one up you with there class. Their team and fans do nothing wrong. They are the classiest city in the world. They also don't hold any grudges...can't forget that one.

HA
Attention Roseau Fans: Roseau is not only not going to state hockey, but they are crying about it. It's kinda hard to not have class in a town with 2500 people. The only reason roseau fans didnt do anything wrong is because there were only 15 people in their student section, and in the front was junior girls. pretty impressive. not. Moorhead likes to cheer for their boys and rattle the other team as well, its called fun you idiot. get back on your sled and have fun while we are actually cheering for our team at STATE. goodnight.
is this directed at me?
"Two minutes well worth it."

newSPUDfan

Post by newSPUDfan » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:57 pm

warriors41 wrote:My dad always told me the people with true class don't have to point out that they have true class.

=D> =D> =D> =D>

High_Plains_Dangler

Post by High_Plains_Dangler » Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:49 pm

MoMoney wrote:

HA
Im sure you will have a lot to cheer for against Edina
:lol:
Relax, Take it slow, and Let the Good Times Roll

nipeshow18

Post by nipeshow18 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:10 pm

MoMoney wrote:

HA
Well i am not a Roseau fan by any means, but I hate when dumb people like you try to throw it their face because you beat them this year. Congrats. You made it out of one of the weakest AA sections in the state, and have drawn Edina in round one. You and your amazing student section can have fun cheering at Mariucci on Friday and possibly Saturday IF you can get there.

Dean_O66

Post by Dean_O66 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:33 pm

hey niprod!! weakest section in state get a reality check there knucklehead! Post is over here we kick theres alright and yeah we drew Edina first round big woop well see what happens the spuds will play there best and if we cant beat them they were oviously the better team! We'll give up there post on minnhock and wish them luck!! Is that class? Are student section will have fun cause well be at state while you'll be at home still stooping over this game how you guys suck and got beat!
Theres class for all you Roseau losers!! Bring on Edina!! Best of luck this ones over like it was wednesday night!!

SWAT THE HORNETS!!! :D