4AA St. Paul Johnson (15-12) vs Stillwater (12-11-3)

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who goes to the finals?

Poll ended at Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:05 pm

St. Paul Johnson
58%
Stillwater
42%

Total votes: 43

thorhockey

Post by thorhockey »

Well lets see

If Tartan beat Stillwater 4 - 2
and Govs beat Tartan 4 - 3
Then Govs beats Stillwater 4 - 2

Now assuming Hill upsets WBL
Then :

If Tartan beat Hill 4 - 2 (en)
And Govs beat Tartan 4 - 3
Then Govs beats Hill for a State birth 4 - 2 (en)
Last edited by thorhockey on Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
greyhoundsnation27

Re: hmm

Post by greyhoundsnation27 »

adamp1914 wrote:As much as I love upsets of that magnitude, and as much as I think it's fantastic for hockey in the metro when the governors are a competitive team, I don't think they'll pull off two. Yes, I know beating Tartan was more far fetched than upsetting Stillwater, so it's more likely that they'd be able to pull this off, but if the players think that as well, they aren't going to be as amped for this game as they were for Tartan.

Even if they are, Stillwater is a better team. 5 - 0 Ponies.
I disagree. Johnson's coming off a big semifinal win, and now they believe they can beat Stillwater. With a chance to play for a section championship on the line, they will be ready to play. However, it won't be enough. I'll take Stillwater 4-2.
jumper4

Post by jumper4 »

youngblood08 wrote:A little underlieing story. The Goalie for Johnson is from Stillwater.

The Bantam A goalie is from Stillwater but is the Varsity goalie? :?: :?: :?:
gopherfan20

Post by gopherfan20 »

Yes. Joey Benert played in Stillwater until his 2nd year of bantams
fanatichockeyguy

Post by fanatichockeyguy »

Johnson's got heart. Those inner city boys fight to the death, that win against Tartan was a very inspirational display of hockey, and more so of grit and toughness, as well as determination.

Stillwater may have more talent but I just cant see them getting a W.

I'll take the Govs over the Ponies 3-1.

"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of fight in the dog."
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

Stillwater's better at football than Johnson. :P

Seriously though, Johnson has a shot. Stillwater will be a better skating team and if they stick to their style of play the Ponies will be one game away from the State Tournament. If they play Johnson's type of wrestling match of a game the Governors will have a chance. I predict that Stillwater will skate and defeat Johnson rather handily, 6-1. Sentimental pick has to go to the city team though. I hope Johnson wins.
mvhockey12

Post by mvhockey12 »

thorhockey wrote:Well lets see

If Tartan beat Stillwater 4 - 2
and Govs beat Tartan 4 - 3
Then Govs beats Stillwater 4 - 2

Now assuming Hill upsets WBL
Then :

If Tartan beat Hill 4 - 2 (en)
And Govs beat Tartan 4 - 3
Then Govs beats Hill for a State birth 4 - 2 (en)
I very much like this prediction. It seems logical, but Johnson needs to show up to play and fight their hearts out. They play Stillwater, who is a better skating team and if the upset happens there they need to play White Bear or Hill, and we all know that those two teams have quite a lot of talent. There is no easy road for this Johnson team, but I love the underdog.
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

final score

Stillwater 5 St. Paul Johnson 0
adamp1914

Post by adamp1914 »

Wow.. I even had the score predicted correctly. lol
nsphockey:)

Post by nsphockey:) »

[quote="mnhockey14009"]10 16 14 are the key components to johnsons success this year.if they play well i am taking johnson with another upset!!
4-2 Eastside[/quote]

we all knew it would be a tough game. and we all were really pulling for johnson and sometimes things dont always bounce our way but we play the game and we play it hard and the johnson boys really showed that during the game last night. they all left everything they had out there and everyone should be proud of those boys and they should be proud of each other, they really showed the true definition of eastside pride. great season to the govs:)