Tickets - 2AA/6AA Championship at Mariucci

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

gitter

Tickets - 2AA/6AA Championship at Mariucci

Post by gitter »

Does anyone know what time these go on sale at Mariucci? First game starts at 6pm Thursday.
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

5 PM at mariucci box office

also, you can get them from the schools on tuesday or wednesday, the guy on the phone wasnt sure.
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

Last year there were HUGE lines to buy tickets. Recommend that you get there early or better yet buy them through your school in advance.
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

Definitely get there early!
gitter

Post by gitter »

sachishi4 wrote:5 PM at mariucci box office

also, you can get them from the schools on tuesday or wednesday, the guy on the phone wasnt sure.
Do they sell to the general public at the schools, or just to students and parents?
Orty

Post by Orty »

MNHockeyFan wrote:Last year there were HUGE lines to buy tickets. Recommend that you get there early or better yet buy them through your school in advance.
Is it 1 ticket for both games? How much are these tickets?

Thanks,
Orty
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

Orty wrote:
MNHockeyFan wrote:Last year there were HUGE lines to buy tickets. Recommend that you get there early or better yet buy them through your school in advance.
Is it 1 ticket for both games? How much are these tickets?

Thanks,
Orty
Yes one ticket for both games. Otherwise, they would have to clear out the whole building. I am not sure what the price of the tickets are.
mngophs04

Post by mngophs04 »

gitter wrote:
sachishi4 wrote:5 PM at mariucci box office

Do they sell to the general public at the schools, or just to students and parents?
I was wondering this as well.
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

9 - 11 dollars for the two games.....
oneIdmonsta

Post by oneIdmonsta »

8 bones per ticket best day of hockey all season better then anything that will be at the excel thursdays where its at
skiumah

Post by skiumah »

Why doesn't FSN pick up these games??
demongoed

Post by demongoed »

Read above--long lines. I suspect the MSHSL wants every opportunity to get you to the rink and cash your check, and we'd better let them or your favorite team might be limited to a 5 game season next year. . .
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

skiumah wrote:Why doesn't FSN pick up these games??
I don't know, but they should!
greyhoundsnation27

Post by greyhoundsnation27 »

starmvp wrote:
I could be wrong about this, but I think FSN tried picking up a section final a couple years ago, but the MSHSL said they couldn't. I'm not 100% sure, though.
hornetsnest

Post by hornetsnest »

greyhoundsnation27 wrote:
starmvp wrote:
I could be wrong about this, but I think FSN tried picking up a section final a couple years ago, but the MSHSL said they couldn't. I'm not 100% sure, though.
FSN had talked about covering the game but the broadcast rights fee made it cost prohibitive, as they MSHSL felt it would lower the gate turn-out.
"More WE! less ME"
HockeyMN1

Post by HockeyMN1 »

I'm pretty sure tickets are going on sale at EP tomorrow (Tuesday) for students who can also buy them for their parents. IDK about everyone else.
husky45

Post by husky45 »

if i get there at 5 will i get tickets?
hornetsnest

Post by hornetsnest »

HockeyMN1 wrote:I'm pretty sure tickets are going on sale at EP tomorrow (Tuesday) for students who can also buy them for their parents. IDK about everyone else.
That is news to me, I had heard schools were not pre-selling tickets... Please confirm.

I do wonder how they expect to open the tickets sales at 5pm and expect 4-7k people to walk up and buy tickets and get seated in 1 hour?
"More WE! less ME"
HockeyMN1

Post by HockeyMN1 »

hornetsnest wrote:
HockeyMN1 wrote:I'm pretty sure tickets are going on sale at EP tomorrow (Tuesday) for students who can also buy them for their parents. IDK about everyone else.
That is news to me, I had heard schools were not pre-selling tickets... Please confirm.

I do wonder how they expect to open the tickets sales at 5pm and expect 4-7k people to walk up and buy tickets and get seated in 1 hour?
I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure, I guess I'll find out tomorrow.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

hornetsnest wrote:I do wonder how they expect to open the tickets sales at 5pm and expect 4-7k people to walk up and buy tickets and get seated in 1 hour?
The short answer is they can't. Last year the place was nearly full and there might have been more like 7k-9k who needed to buy their tickets at the door (totally unlike a Gophers game where 95% of the incoming fans already have their tickets in hand). I know I got there about 20 minutes before the first game time and I missed a good portion of the first period. As I recall they were selling tickets from all the windows and they still couldn't keep up. If you get there at 5PM I'm sure you won't have nearly as much difficulty.
hornetsnest

Post by hornetsnest »

MNHockeyFan wrote:
hornetsnest wrote:I do wonder how they expect to open the tickets sales at 5pm and expect 4-7k people to walk up and buy tickets and get seated in 1 hour?
The short answer is they can't. Last year the place was nearly full and there might have been more like 7k-9k who needed to buy their tickets at the door (totally unlike a Gophers game where 95% of the incoming fans already have their tickets in hand). I know I got there about 20 minutes before the first game time and I missed a good portion of the first period. As I recall they were selling tickets from all the windows and they still couldn't keep up. If you get there at 5PM I'm sure you won't have nearly as much difficulty.
You would think they could open up the tickets sales at 4:00 and avoid the issues you describe of last year. They may actually make more in concessions if people have time to grab something and sit down.... :idea:
"More WE! less ME"
HockeyMN1

Post by HockeyMN1 »

OK officially tickets are going on sale at EP on Wednesday from 7:30am to 4pm and Thursday from 7:30am to 1pm at the Student Activities office by the north doors at the high school. $8 adults/$6 students.
Last edited by HockeyMN1 on Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spartanfire13

Post by spartanfire13 »

HockeyMN1 wrote:OK officially tickets are going on sale at EP on Wednesday from 7:30am to 4pm and Thursday from 7:30am to 1pm at the Activity Center by the north doors at the high school. $8 adults/$6 students.
Can anyone buy these tickets? Also is there a limit on how many you can buy?
HockeyMN1

Post by HockeyMN1 »

spartanfire13 wrote:
HockeyMN1 wrote:OK officially tickets are going on sale at EP on Wednesday from 7:30am to 4pm and Thursday from 7:30am to 1pm at the Activity Center by the north doors at the high school. $8 adults/$6 students.
Can anyone buy these tickets? Also is there a limit on how many you can buy?
Don't know about a limit but I think everyone can buy them.
Gretzky9

Post by Gretzky9 »

Will scalpers show up at this event? What would tickets go for?