ntdp tryout list

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

johnnyquest

ntdp tryout list

Post by johnnyquest »

the first 33 names have been chosen for the ntdp tryout this coming march. Does anyone have any info ?
RedLineReport

NDTP

Post by RedLineReport »

http://www.thescoutingnews.com/index.ph ... &Itemid=51

From Minnesota:
Matt McNeely-G St. Thomas Academy
Travis Boyd-F Hopkins
Max Everson-D Edina
Matt Van Voorhis-D Edina
Dan Molenaar-D Eden Prairie
*Seth Ambroz-F USHL

More players will be listed in the weeks to come ...
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

It'd be nice to see Matt McNeely from St. Thomas Academy make it. He has one year of varsity experience possibly and he is just as capable of playing in the big games as the guy in front of him. It'd be great for him as a player.
Husky88

Post by Husky88 »

How many make the tryout list? Is there more than one tryout?
icedad

Post by icedad »

Dan Carlson- F Maple Grove
The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

Husky88 wrote:How many make the tryout list? Is there more than one tryout?
I believe there were 40 last year. And no, there's just one NTDP Evaluation Camp.
Iceburg

Post by Iceburg »

The Exiled One wrote:
Husky88 wrote:How many make the tryout list? Is there more than one tryout?
I believe there were 40 last year. And no, there's just one NTDP Evaluation Camp.
Although it's not unusual for players that were not at the camp to wind up on the final team.
O-townClown

interested in others

Post by O-townClown »

I'm very interested in seeing the entire list. However, I'm not willing to pay 100 bucks for it!

Is the McColgan kid from California on it? I've heard he's tremendous.
Be kind. Rewind.
Iceburg

Re: interested in others

Post by Iceburg »

O-townClown wrote:Is the McColgan kid from California on it? I've heard he's tremendous.
He is quite a player. He has already signed to play major junior in the WHL so he won't be with the NTDP program.
High Flyer

Re: interested in others

Post by High Flyer »

O-townClown wrote:I'm very interested in seeing the entire list. However, I'm not willing to pay 100 bucks for it!
I'll sell you a list for $50.

Seriously, does anybody find it strange that this "pay to view" web site just so happens to have a copy of the list, before it is actually published? Kind of make you wonder, doesn't it?

I wonder if the Scouting News will give you a refund if thier list is not the same as the actual list, when it is posted, after you pay $100 to see it?

I also thought it was interesting that the Red Line Scouting Report was the one who posted the names of the MN players on the high school hockey forum and referenced the Scouting News link. Don't you have to pay to view the Red Line reports also?
breakout3

Post by breakout3 »

i hope boyd doesnt leave!!
Settle it in a shootout
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

breakout3 wrote:i hope boyd doesnt leave!!
Hmmm, he will....
thiscrazygame

Post by thiscrazygame »

With the NTDP playing in the USHL league next year it may be more enticing for players to go to Ann Arbor.
hockeyjunkie2

Post by hockeyjunkie2 »

thiscrazygame wrote:With the NTDP playing in the USHL league next year it may be more enticing for players to go to Ann Arbor.
agreed, and I could see Boyd leaving
The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

thiscrazygame wrote:With the NTDP playing in the USHL league next year it may be more enticing for players to go to Ann Arbor.
If a player is good enough to get onto a team that's (now going to be playing) in the USHL, why wouldn't they just join a USHL team?
mch

Post by mch »

I can certainly see McNeely leaving if he happens to make it
thiscrazygame

Post by thiscrazygame »

The Exiled One wrote:
If a player is good enough to get onto a team that's (now going to be playing) in the USHL, why wouldn't they just join a USHL team?
If I had a kid that could go to NTDP or USHL I would pick NTDP. The reason being is all kids on the team are the same age. I would think it would be difficult as a player on a USHL team if you were one of the one's in school. At least with NTDP all players are in school and having to go to school after a long weekend of travel.
Hoops

Re: ntdp tryout list

Post by Hoops »

johnnyquest wrote:the first 33 names have been chosen for the ntdp tryout this coming march. Does anyone have any info ?
OK I give..what league is this and is it only for 93's??
O-townClown

here you go

Post by O-townClown »

Hoops, NTDP plays in the NAHL but is moving to USHL next year. Kids join the 16-year-old team and usually stay in Ann Arbor two years by playing on the 17-year-old team the second year. Host families, public HS in Ann Arbor.
Be kind. Rewind.
Papa Bergundy

Post by Papa Bergundy »

I'm not 100% on this but I heard NTDP had problems getting kids from MN last year as 4 or 5 turned them down before Justin Faulk accepted.

Any truth to this and does anyone see this potentially happening this year?
Stay Classy, Minnesota.
scoreboard33

Post by scoreboard33 »

Papa Bergundy wrote:I'm not 100% on this but I heard NTDP had problems getting kids from MN last year as 4 or 5 turned them down before Justin Faulk accepted.

I also heard that story from the family of a kid who turned it down. It sounds like the Nick Mattson Star Tribune article really hurt them. I think that won't be the case this year and I've heard lots of rumors about who will go this year and it sounds like quite a few will accept if offered.
The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

Papa Bergundy wrote:I'm not 100% on this but I heard NTDP had problems getting kids from MN last year as 4 or 5 turned them down before Justin Faulk accepted.

5 out of 6

Bjugstad
Isackson
Forbort
Marshall
Gardiner
Vapor

Post by Vapor »

I'm extremely glad that more HS kids are staying. Nothing against the NTDP, but HS hockey in Minnesota is special and these kids should experience it all the way through their Senior year.
Hoops

Re: here you go

Post by Hoops »

O-townClown wrote:Hoops, NTDP plays in the NAHL but is moving to USHL next year. Kids join the 16-year-old team and usually stay in Ann Arbor two years by playing on the 17-year-old team the second year. Host families, public HS in Ann Arbor.
Thx...it's Ann Arbor. Do they have to be 16 to get offered? Didn't Bjugstad and Marshall already turn them down when they were 15?
scoreboard33

Re: here you go

Post by scoreboard33 »

Hoops wrote:
O-townClown wrote:Hoops, NTDP plays in the NAHL but is moving to USHL next year. Kids join the 16-year-old team and usually stay in Ann Arbor two years by playing on the 17-year-old team the second year. Host families, public HS in Ann Arbor.
Thx...it's Ann Arbor. Do they have to be 16 to get offered? Didn't Bjugstad and Marshall already turn them down when they were 15?
Its pretty much a 93 thing, although sometimes some weird things will happen with birthdates due to various rules.

Bjugstad and MArshall were both 1992's when they turned it down.

The program is called the US National Team Development Program and is run by USA hockey. The U17 team, or for next year, 1993's will play part but the majority of a USHL season. The U18 will play part of that season, as well as scrimmage D1 and D3 colleges and play interantional tournament(s).