Warroad VS. TRF Section 8 Final

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who Will Win

Poll ended at Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:33 pm

Warroad
75%
TRF
25%

Total votes: 44

low66

Post by low66 »

warroad just scored with a 2 minutes left...if this game was in egf or trf i dont see warroad winning, but they most likely will...early congrats
WarroadWarrior

Post by WarroadWarrior »

ImissMYhockey wrote:I think Warroad will prevail but not as easily as everyone think. So much more factors into a section championship game than just a regular game. I will take Warroad by 2 with and EN and will predict a top 3 finish at state.

You were quite the visionary my friend.
warriors41

Post by warriors41 »

This was a fun game to watch. I thought both teams played fairly evenly even though neither teams were on the top of their games tonight. I was suprised at some of the goals that Gothberg let it. Congrats to Warroad o making it to state and congrats to TRF for qa great season.
SargeyWargey09

Post by SargeyWargey09 »

IT was a very good game from what i heard on the radio, whats with stoskof scoring on a trickler from the blue line???
MNHockey75

Post by MNHockey75 »

Good game. Neither team brought their A game. Warroad's first goal was a PP goal, a slapper from the point. Screened, I think it went off somebody, couldn't tell who. Warroad's second goal was off a missed opportunity by TRF to get through the neutral zone. Warroad was actually on a change I think. The kid picked up the loose puck, took a quick slapper, went off the defenseman, took a weird bounce and got through Gothberg somehow and trickled in. The winning goal came after a good minute+ of Warroad puck control, TRF had guys standing around looking at Shaugabay. He shot from the slot, nice save by Gothberg, rebound found its way onto Nelsons stick just above the goal line, and he smacked it in from a bad angle, a very nice heads up play.
TRF scored on a regroup at center and peterson walked in and took a weak shot glove side, and it found a way in with 2.2 seconds left in the 1st. The last goal came on a bad rebound kicked into the slot and onto Johnson's stick and he buried it.
I don't remember the shots, somewhere around 27-23 Warroad. I still don't get all the hype about Nelson. He's good but Oshie and Marvin were much better hockey players IMHO. He was floating around all night. Shaugabay (sp?) was the best player on the ice tonight. Dillon was kept in check. He was gased from doing all the work, while his linemates admired the hustle. The better team probably won. Another disappointing finish against Warroad for TRF. At a neutral site, things may have been different, for both teams. By that I mean, the size of the ice. Hard to adapt. I've been there. The refs were good, no home cooking or anything like that. TRF has to regroup, they lose all but 2 fowards. Goaltending and Defense won't be problem next year though. Warroad will be the heavy favorite again. There are going to be 7 legitimate contenders down at state. Warroad has as good as a chance as any, but I just don't see it happening. High scoring teams like STA, Breck and LF are going to eat up Goldsmith. I might even throw Lourdes in that category. See ya'll in EGF next year. Good luck to the Warriors at the X. You think they've had enough of playing in front of 5,000 people instead of 18,000 yet? I know I would. Please TRF and Warroad move up to AA!!
MNHockey75

Post by MNHockey75 »

I found the shots on goal, i was way off. Here are some stats.

shots: 24-18 Warroad

PP: TR 0/3, WW 1/4 (one thing I found odd was 3 boarding calls in one game, I don't think I've ever seen that)
warriors41

Post by warriors41 »

MNHockey75 wrote:Good game. Neither team brought their A game. Warroad's first goal was a PP goal, a slapper from the point. Screened, I think it went off somebody, couldn't tell who. Warroad's second goal was off a missed opportunity by TRF to get through the neutral zone. Warroad was actually on a change I think. The kid picked up the loose puck, took a quick slapper, went off the defenseman, took a weird bounce and got through Gothberg somehow and trickled in. The winning goal came after a good minute+ of Warroad puck control, TRF had guys standing around looking at Shaugabay. He shot from the slot, nice save by Gothberg, rebound found its way onto Nelsons stick just above the goal line, and he smacked it in from a bad angle, a very nice heads up play.
TRF scored on a regroup at center and peterson walked in and took a weak shot glove side, and it found a way in with 2.2 seconds left in the 1st. The last goal came on a bad rebound kicked into the slot and onto Johnson's stick and he buried it.
I don't remember the shots, somewhere around 27-23 Warroad. I still don't get all the hype about Nelson. He's good but Oshie and Marvin were much better hockey players IMHO. He was floating around all night. Shaugabay (sp?) was the best player on the ice tonight. Dillon was kept in check. He was gased from doing all the work, while his linemates admired the hustle. The better team probably won. Another disappointing finish against Warroad for TRF. At a neutral site, things may have been different, for both teams. By that I mean, the size of the ice. Hard to adapt. I've been there. The refs were good, no home cooking or anything like that. TRF has to regroup, they lose all but 2 fowards. Goaltending and Defense won't be problem next year though. Warroad will be the heavy favorite again. There are going to be 7 legitimate contenders down at state. Warroad has as good as a chance as any, but I just don't see it happening. High scoring teams like STA, Breck and LF are going to eat up Goldsmith. I might even throw Lourdes in that category. See ya'll in EGF next year. Good luck to the Warriors at the X. You think they've had enough of playing in front of 5,000 people instead of 18,000 yet? I know I would. Please TRF and Warroad move up to AA!!
Shaugabay did play a very good game. He was ahead of everyone else. He is the emotional leader of the team. Brock Nelson is a very talented individual, however he has done nothing deserving to be compared to Oshie. I do see similarities is his play compared to Marvins. I think it is close between the two of who is better in their junior year. It will be interesting to see who Nelson can get help from next year when Shaugabay is gone and he only has Hebel with him, not that Hebel isn''t talented in his own right.