Does Virginia have a chance at winning a state championship?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Does Virginia have a chance to win state this year

Poll ended at Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:30 pm

Yes
37%
No
63%

Total votes: 62

backrinkrat

Post by backrinkrat » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:19 pm

I have to cheer for the team that represents sec 7a whether it Falls,Marshall,Eveleth, Greenway,Silver Bay, Hibbing Two Harbors and the rest of the sec

GO DEVILS!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK AT THE TOURNEYMENT!!!!!

Lucia4President

Post by Lucia4President » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:39 pm

I would love to see Virginia win it all. Their first line is very good, and goaltending has been solid for them.

Good luck at State. =D>
HOUNDS

warriors41

Post by warriors41 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:04 pm

ironrangervhs09 wrote:
elliott70 wrote:
ironrangervhs09 wrote:
elliott70 wrote:I have to be a Virginia fan, now.
Why?
Because they are the underdogs.

Warroad
Little Falls
Virginia

I will be cheering for these 3 A teams.
Virginia could beat little falls, but i havent heard anything on warroad.
What they like?
Warroad is a good team that has some very talented defensemen. They also have the best top line in class A IMO. I only say that cause last time i checked they were wecond in points behind Little Falls first line whick of course is centered around one player who happens to have a significant record to his name. The weakest part of Warroad's team is goal tending. If it gets to be a battle of shots chances don't look good for Warroad. That is why they must play good defense and can't let other teams move the puck in their zone for very long

gophers101

Post by gophers101 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:30 pm

I see them playing in the consolation final. I can't see them beating any of the top 4 seeds. There all too good. Not that Virginia isn't but not as good as the top seeds.

ironrangervhs09

Post by ironrangervhs09 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:33 pm

warriors41 wrote:
ironrangervhs09 wrote:
elliott70 wrote:
ironrangervhs09 wrote:
elliott70 wrote:I have to be a Virginia fan, now.
Why?
Because they are the underdogs.

Warroad
Little Falls
Virginia

I will be cheering for these 3 A teams.
Virginia could beat little falls, but i havent heard anything on warroad.
What they like?
Warroad is a good team that has some very talented defensemen. They also have the best top line in class A IMO. I only say that cause last time i checked they were wecond in points behind Little Falls first line whick of course is centered around one player who happens to have a significant record to his name. The weakest part of Warroad's team is goal tending. If it gets to be a battle of shots chances don't look good for Warroad. That is why they must play good defense and can't let other teams move the puck in their zone for very long
Virginia does a good job of keeping it in their opposing zone and getting shots on net and finishing the rebounds.

grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:44 pm

Why wouldn't they have a chance?

mnmouth

Post by mnmouth » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:00 pm

grindiangrad-80 wrote:Why wouldn't they have a chance?
About time somebody wrote logically and simply on this topic, because they have a good chance.

BDfan

Post by BDfan » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:46 pm

goosejuice09 wrote:for the record, I HATE VIRGINIA. but they are a good team. they have been rolling as of late and i'm sure they can compete with any A team in the state. they definately have a chance of winning it (i would love to see them lose 2 games 10-0 though)
You must me from Hibbing! BTW quit whining about us stealing your cheers. You stole sit down shut up from us! Oh and we were sitting at the time...

Dean_O66

Post by Dean_O66 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:13 am

BEST OF LUCK TO THOSE BOYS!! I WISH THEM THE BEST OF LUCK ALL THE WAY FROM MOORHEAD!! :D
YOUR CHANCES ARE AS GOOD AS EVERYONE ELSE'S GO GET IT :D
Last edited by Dean_O66 on Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

darkdemon

Post by darkdemon » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:13 am

ironrangervhs09 wrote:
Westin is very good hockey player and virginia only lost to little falls 1-0, and they are playing twice as good as when they played little falls. They could beat Hermantown too.

It all comes down who is the toughest competitor and who has the most heart to win it all. Anyone can upset anyone no matter what their record. Virginia has the best fourth line in the state in single A. so that says something about how much of a competitor that team is and will be at the state tournament.

Virginia will represent section 7a very well with either 3rd place or state chapmionship this year

Go DEVILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
I have highlighted the key words in your logic and it shows they still lost to Little Falls and Hermantown. They won't beat Little Falls sorry man.
The DEMON

Mr Cheezle

Post by Mr Cheezle » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:17 am

i dont see it happening

SEMinnHockeyNut

Post by SEMinnHockeyNut » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:39 pm

Yes. In fact they give LF their first loss of the year.
MAYO SPARTANS!

fromdanorth

Post by fromdanorth » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:16 pm

darkdemon wrote:
ironrangervhs09 wrote:
Westin is very good hockey player and virginia only lost to little falls 1-0, and they are playing twice as good as when they played little falls. They could beat Hermantown too.

It all comes down who is the toughest competitor and who has the most heart to win it all. Anyone can upset anyone no matter what their record. Virginia has the best fourth line in the state in single A. so that says something about how much of a competitor that team is and will be at the state tournament.

Virginia will represent section 7a very well with either 3rd place or state chapmionship this year

Go DEVILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
I have highlighted the key words in your logic and it shows they still lost to Little Falls and Hermantown. They won't beat Little Falls sorry man.
with a name like demon you should be on the devil bandwagon O:)

bluelineenvy

Post by bluelineenvy » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:56 pm

SEMinnHockeyNut wrote:Yes. In fact they give LF their first loss of the year.
Pretty strong statement, I assume you've watched both teams play this year?

Of course they have a chance, unless they don't get out before the storm hits!