Little Falls vs. Virginia

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

mainefan

Post by mainefan »

Good Luck to both teams and fans.

GO DEVILS!!!!!!!!
pondhockey10

Post by pondhockey10 »

LF-5
VA-2

lets go flyers....watch for Hano to make some noise early in this one :!: :!:
bluelineenvy

Post by bluelineenvy »

PuckRanger - First off have a safe trip and enjoy the tournament.  Also, thanks for enlightening us on the teams of the range, you do a great job.

You bet I'm nervous, nervous and excited!  Season's like this very seldom happen for any town let alone one from a non-traditional hockey area.  (Were trying to change that)

You helped make my point, and sorry if it was muttled, but to say LF struggled in section play without actually seeing any of the games, truely knowing any of the history, is moronic.  I was not actually tring to rip Marshall or H/C, but show that the final score never tells the whole story (like your point about Virginia trapping). I was at the Alex vs. LF Game. Alex played a great game, but for the most part was dominated by a FLYER team that was not on top of it's game. Shots I believe were (37-23).

Anyway good luck to both teams, Go FLYERS!!!

And Go Duluth East, let's keep both titles out of the cities this year!!!
alumni

seriously?

Post by alumni »

[quote]Virginia has a strong powerplay, great penalty kill, excellent goaltending, a high scoring line as good as any in the state, four strong lines that all contribute, very good defensemen, they are confident, and they play as a team. This team is hands-down far better than the team they sent in 2005.

I could not help but notice this quote from puckranger.....and i really hope you are not serious. Virginia's team this year is excellent but to say they are a FAR better team than what virginia sent in 05 is absurd....Virginia in 05 had everything and even a little more compared to what the 09 team has... 05 ran all 4 lines, had in my mind one of the best 3rd lines around, ran 5 regular D, had a high scoring 1st, 2 solid tenders etc. In fact i believe the 05 team would crush this years team. The 09 team reminds me ALOT of the 05 team in the sense that they are a true team, and play together but i truly believe 05 had more talent. In 05 virginia was happy to be there, it was the first trip ever. i also believe if they would have won that first game, they could have made a lot of noise in the tourney, possibly even win it. This years team is very good and I think they will do very well at the X. But i just dont think they are a far better team than 05, very comparable, but not far better.
icechips

Post by icechips »

Where do you purchase tickets for the games? I'd like to go watch LF and VMIB.
number56

Post by number56 »

icechips wrote:Where do you purchase tickets for the games? I'd like to go watch LF and VMIB.
You'll be able to get them at the X for any single A game.
gwos8301

Post by gwos8301 »

number56 wrote:
lugnutguy21 wrote:
gwos8301 wrote:UR Crazy if you don't think that the ice is going to be a factor!!! 1. its bigger, just like the National Hockey Center ..... 3. its softer ice.
You are crazy. 1. It is the same size, minus bigger offensive zones. 3. The softer ice can only hurt the speed that LF's brings.
I'm glad someone else on here realizes this! The ice at the X isn't bigger than the ice at the Exchange Arena! It may feel way bigger, but it's not! The ice at Mariucci, however, is bigger! Hopefully LF won't have to play there though!
My bad, when is said its bigger i mean the environment is overall bigger!!! Im friends with a bunch of graduated buddies that graduated in 07 with me that played their for 3 years so i know personally its a whole new game on that ice. but to correct myself, the only place that has a bigger ice size is the National Hockey Center cause it is olympic size. College and Pro's have the same size rink as high school. By the way last year after we lost to STA we dominated the other two games in Mariucci Arena so you can rest your case.
gwos8301

Post by gwos8301 »

ref17 wrote:quit drinking the purple kool-aid! you are all nervous! 28-0 and out in the first round! DEPTH kills!

4 devils

2 flyers
Why is it all bout Depth, when i graduated in 07 LF had 3 very good lines, by the way Darby Hendrickson said during the tournament that they were the best 3rd line in the state. Anyway we only ran two lines, like every other team playing. I will bet that Virgina fans won''t see the 3rd and 4th line past the 1st period
LakeEffect

Post by LakeEffect »

I would like to see Little Falls win this one and their next two. This way people can stop the talk about their schedule strength. Little Falls undefeated in 08' and 09' STATE CHAMPS
gophers101

Post by gophers101 »

The Vet wrote:I'm actually getting sick of people saying how deep Virginia is. Did anyone watch their section final game. Hibbing was at best mediocre. No offense they still made it to the section final, but Virginia got buzzed the entire 2nd and 3rd period! They only scored because of their power play. LF can be very chippy at times, but this is the state tournament, everything is on the line and people may not believe this but being on tv matters to the kids. They don't wanna make themselves look like idiots. Virginia will not score 3 power play goals and 3 goals is what they will need to beat LF.

As goes for Hano not having a point in the first game, people need to remember they had a 4 hour drive on the bus, 1 hour in the hotel then they played. They had bus legs big time. While Virginia was in front of their home crowd. They said Virginia has gotten so much better, i didn't think so at the section final game. They didn't have a forecheck, they chased all 3 forwards to the puck in the neutral zone. It was very disappointing to watch. They can't win at the state tournament when they don't play any systems. I thought you Rangers knew hockey. Ya they are on a roll and winning, but the range is down this year.

Unless the devils learned how to play 5 on 5 hockey in the last week they are screwed.

I'm nervous as heck for this game and can't wait, It makes is even worse i can't watch this game in person or on tv, but LF will win. I put my life on it !!!!!!!

Great argument and I agree with you 100%. Hibbing had the better scoring chances 5 on 5 but Virginia's PP which is excellent got the job done. The only way I see the devils winning is if the flyers are in the box for over half the game and I'm willing to bet that won't happen.
gophers101

Re: seriously?

Post by gophers101 »

alumni wrote:
Virginia has a strong powerplay, great penalty kill, excellent goaltending, a high scoring line as good as any in the state, four strong lines that all contribute, very good defensemen, they are confident, and they play as a team. This team is hands-down far better than the team they sent in 2005.

I could not help but notice this quote from puckranger.....and i really hope you are not serious. Virginia's team this year is excellent but to say they are a FAR better team than what virginia sent in 05 is absurd....Virginia in 05 had everything and even a little more compared to what the 09 team has... 05 ran all 4 lines, had in my mind one of the best 3rd lines around, ran 5 regular D, had a high scoring 1st, 2 solid tenders etc. In fact i believe the 05 team would crush this years team. The 09 team reminds me ALOT of the 05 team in the sense that they are a true team, and play together but i truly believe 05 had more talent. In 05 virginia was happy to be there, it was the first trip ever. i also believe if they would have won that first game, they could have made a lot of noise in the tourney, possibly even win it. This years team is very good and I think they will do very well at the X. But i just dont think they are a far better team than 05, very comparable, but not far better.
Let me give you some names from that 2005 squad.
Matt Niskanen 64 pts
Nico Sachetti 53 pts
Devin Ceglar 47 pts
Kyle Altobelli 35 pts
Mark McGillvery 28 pts

2009 squad
Chris Westin 72 pts
Garrett Hendrickson 61pts
Jordan Krebsbach 39 pts
Andrew Judnick 38 pts
Travis Eddy 19 pts

And the goalies
Will Lustig .918 Save % 1.74 GAA
Logan Hoche .829 % 4.33 GAA
Casey Sloth .852 % 4.00 GAA

Goalie edge I give to '09 but position player wise I definatetly go with the '05 squad.

Stats courtesy of PrepHockeyNorth.
HSH1212

Post by HSH1212 »

For those of you in Duluth, why isn't this on? Right now, I am watching the Northland WhocaresCenter.
mj79

Post by mj79 »

HSH1212 wrote:For those of you in Duluth, why isn't this on? Right now, I am watching the Northland WhocaresCenter.
Its on channel 3...

they switched it up
mj79

Post by mj79 »

does anyone have a link or list of the top 10 career points leaders, and or by single season as well??
gophers101

Post by gophers101 »

LF is dominating play right now and a lot of slapping the puck around by Virginia. They can't seem to get the puck out of there zone. Flyers look extremely good thus far.
pacman

Post by pacman »

And Little Falls Scores..Ben Hanowski with his 67th goal this season.
pacman

Post by pacman »

Riley Hirsch Scores for Little Falls...The Rout is on.

2-0 Little Falls after the first...Lustig Looks Terrible.
Last edited by pacman on Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xavieriser

Post by xavieriser »

2-0 LF, I hope the haters are watching this game and shutting up now.
GO FLYERS!
7A22A

Post by 7A22A »

Hano with a nice goal. Second goal looked like it was tipped in by VA def.. LF seemed to gain more control after they killed their first penalty. Then they take a second penalty and instead of Devils taking advantage, they take their own penalty. #15 comes skating over to yap at the Falls player that's on the ice. VA started out fine, but their first penalty came at a bad time. I can't blame the VA goalie right now.
mj79

Post by mj79 »

xavieriser wrote:2-0 LF, I hope the haters are watching this game and shutting up now.
your getting a lil cocky huh .... Im sure the "haters" know what LF is capable of, they are dominating play but we will see how they do if they win this one against the elite teams, scc, warroad, breck
xavieriser

Post by xavieriser »

mj79 wrote:
xavieriser wrote:2-0 LF, I hope the haters are watching this game and shutting up now.
your getting a lil cocky huh .... Im sure the "haters" know what LF is capable of, they are dominating play but we will see how they do if they win this one against the elite teams, scc, warroad, breck
I remember LF beating SCC already this year, I watched Warroad's game earlier and it was a shooting gallery Hutch didn't fight at all, and Breck hasn't played yet. I wouldn't put it past Lourdes to beat Breck.
GO FLYERS!
mgjaedison

Post by mgjaedison »

Will tickets be on sale for the games on friday night at the X?
mj79

Post by mj79 »

xavieriser wrote:
mj79 wrote:
I remember LF beating SCC already this year, I watched Warroad's game earlier and it was a shooting gallery Hutch didn't fight at all, and Breck hasn't played yet. I wouldn't put it past Lourdes to beat Breck.
There win doesnt matter , thats why they play the game.. v mib does not hace near the size , speed or D that SCC and warroad do.. But LF is very impressive.. first game ive seen them play all year and they look like a AA team, big, fast, move the puck well and there top line is dominating.. Should be an excellent friday of single A games.. cant wait
mj79

Post by mj79 »

mgjaedison wrote:Will tickets be on sale for the games on friday night at the X?

I'm sure ... with a line half way around the building
walleye11

Post by walleye11 »

3 0 little falls 916 left in the seccond