Boring State Tournment

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

spin-o-rama

Post by spin-o-rama »

BodyShots wrote: Within 3 goals means less than 3! :roll: BTW, SCC 5 - Maht 2.
No it doesn't. Its use is an inclusive statement as in <=.
adamp1914

Post by adamp1914 »

BodyShots wrote:
adamp1914 wrote:
BodyShots wrote: Within 3 goals means less than 3! :roll: BTW, SCC 5 - Maht 2.
Oh, I took within 3 to mean three or less. In which case 5 - 2 would still fit. :(
Hey, that's all right. Nice edit on your previous post to remove your rip on knowing the scores though! :wink:
lol I was hoping you wouldn't see that. It was there for all of like 20 seconds before I decided it was a bad idea. :)
inthestands

Post by inthestands »

If any of you are bored with state tourney hockey, you should try something new..

Every game may not be the utmost best, but all in all still an exciting time to be a hockey fan.
Nostalgic Nerd

Re: Preaching to the Choir's moral conscience

Post by Nostalgic Nerd »

Stitch Lips wrote:Warroad doesn't bring that sense of "tradition" to the A tournament? I beg to differ. Little Falls is literally the "heart" of Minnesota (smack dab in the middle) and small falls fans could be treated to "perfection" this season. That story line alone, let alone Hanowski's accomplishments not only this season but his whole career brings imagination to the Class A tournament.

Are you guys kidding?

:P
It depends upon what way you look at it. I remember Housley (yes, him again) say that this tourney was special because of all the team talent. Well judging by the first four games, it sure isn't leading up to much. (The semis should be interesting.) And while the Hanowski thing is big, I think in general fans will feel a little cheated since we'll never know how well he'd done if he'd faced stiffer competition consistently.
I can splash in the rink puddles!
PASTRAPIDSFAN

Post by PASTRAPIDSFAN »

hope evening session is better
weatherthestorm

Post by weatherthestorm »

single A had some good games in the first round and they will be even better in the second round.

double A is way to predictable...eden praire and edina in the ship :D :)
minnesotaice

Post by minnesotaice »

weatherthestorm wrote:single A had some good games in the first round and they will be even better in the second round.

Blaine will give EP a run for their money. I would like to think that both Moorhead AND East will do the same against Edina.
This is BEMIDJI STATE hockey.
defense

Re: 7,506th post by SS since Feb 27th 2002

Post by defense »

slapshooter wrote:=P~ :arrow: No 'bout, I doubt it boys! :arrow: Image

SImageS

Have I just seen a ghost?????????
edinahornetkid24

Post by edinahornetkid24 »

Ya but Edina's in it \:D/
Stitch Lips

Post by Stitch Lips »

Well ... I can tell you unequivically that Hanowski and the Flyers definitely faced much tougher competition than Pohl and Redwing did. Can't argue with his numbers that's for sure.
Nostalgic Nerd wrote:
Stitch Lips wrote:Warroad doesn't bring that sense of "tradition" to the A tournament? I beg to differ. Little Falls is literally the "heart" of Minnesota (smack dab in the middle) and small falls fans could be treated to "perfection" this season. That story line alone, let alone Hanowski's accomplishments not only this season but his whole career brings imagination to the Class A tournament.

Are you guys kidding?

It depends upon what way you look at it. I remember Housley (yes, him again) say that this tourney was special because of all the team talent. Well judging by the first four games, it sure isn't leading up to much. (The semis should be interesting.) And while the Hanowski thing is big, I think in general fans will feel a little cheated since we'll never know how well he'd done if he'd faced stiffer competition consistently.
Stitch Lips

God of Thunder isn't from Buffalo Bay obviously ....

Post by Stitch Lips »

thorhockey wrote:SNAKE wrote
yewz gotza-man dat wrightz stitchathiah --- mahself hearz dat ole slip knot iz tred'in deez waterz.
iz dat a truism?!!? ditty he finaleeze showz up fer dah showz?
WEllz ahlz bee
Cool mah pappy iz geeren up fer a say-once {seance}
You and slapshooter need therapy
Some serious hallucinogens goin' on here.
Hey Thor ... not sure you want to take those two guys on. I suggest you take a quick lesson in 'anglitch' and you'll get the picture. You must be new to this board. It could be a long state tournament if the 'Shady Bunch' rises from the ashes.

Don't open Pandora's box.

:P - just a bit of advice.
defense

Post by defense »

Nostalgic Nerd wrote:

Are you guys kidding?

Come on man, we can wonder forever what would have happened if Miller, Anderson, even Kantrud would have played a Central Lakes schedule, but all it would be is wonder....just like what if they would've scored 3 times in the first period of the game..... bottom line is that it is what it is and he just lit up Virginia for 5.... tune in tomarrow.

PS:
Do you get the games in town??? I can't find them.....wonder if the Z would televise them...
viewfromthetop

Post by viewfromthetop »

Great state tourney so far. Even the class a games that were not close were fun to watch. Warroad moves the puck better than any team in the tourney, Little Falls - Virginia had lots of talented players. The only uninteresting game (okay boring) was Blaine and Rochester. Not a lot to watch in that game. Mhd win was great and even tho DE lost as a fan of hockey you kept thinking they were going to score at any time.

Class A games tomorrow should be great entertainment. Blaine-EP could be boring unless the tempo picks up and Mhd-CDH could be another one like East-CDH only Moorhead has a goaltender that should stop about 90 percent not 50
Stitch Lips

Say it ain's so Joe ...

Post by Stitch Lips »

viewfromthetop wrote:Great state tourney so far. Even the class a games that were not close were fun to watch. Warroad moves the puck better than any team in the tourney, Little Falls - Virginia had lots of talented players. The only uninteresting game (okay boring) was Blaine and Rochester. Not a lot to watch in that game. Mhd win was great and even tho DE lost as a fan of hockey you kept thinking they were going to score at any time.

Class A games tomorrow should be great entertainment. Blaine-EP could be boring unless the tempo picks up and Mhd-CDH could be another one like East-CDH only Moorhead has a goaltender that should stop about 90 percent not 50
Warroad can move the puck but so can Jerry's Kids against a team like Hutchinson. Little Falls will bulldoze over a weak Breck team. Moorhead will win the battle between 'public vs. private' and Eden Prairie will advance to the State Championship. mahself lacks da catlicks 'oer da worriers in da udder class A semafore.

marchmadness

Post by marchmadness »

minnesotaice wrote:
weatherthestorm wrote:single A had some good games in the first round and they will be even better in the second round.

Blaine will give EP a run for their money. I would like to think that both Moorhead AND East will do the same against Edina.
oops :oops:
edinafast

Post by edinafast »

Go Morrhead and Warroad!!!! To bad Roseau Wasn't in it!!
hipcheck

northern fan?

Post by hipcheck »

At least you spelled Roseau and Warroad correctly! Must be a northern fan!
slapshooter

7,508th post by SS since Feb 27th 2002 No 'bout? I doubt it!

Post by slapshooter »

=P~ :arrow: What'd I tell ya? :arrow: Image

=P~ :arrow: No 'bout?, I doubt it! :arrow: Image

SImageS

=P~ :arrow: B(_!_)T you wouldn't listen would you? 8)
EREmpireStrikesBack

Re: 7,508th post by SS since Feb 27th 2002 No 'bout? I doubt

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack »

slapshooter wrote:=P~ :arrow: What'd I tell ya? :arrow: Image

=P~ :arrow: No 'bout?, I doubt it! :arrow: Image

SImageS

=P~ :arrow: B(_!_)T you wouldn't listen would you? 8)
:-# :-# :-#

:idea:
Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls