Ness or Leddy?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who would take?

Nick Leddy
48%
Aaron Ness
52%

Total votes: 89

salol44

Post by salol44 »

They are both very skilled players, both above average when compared to other D1 players. When I order a steak it's a rib eye or new york strip, you can't go wrong with either one.
Papa Bergundy

Post by Papa Bergundy »

Roseauverrated wrote:I'd take Jake Gardiner over both of them.
You're on the wrong side of the St. Croix than :lol:
Stay Classy, Minnesota.
DmanDad1980

Post by DmanDad1980 »

Gardiner... Overated Bucky...

Like the Gophers D in two years...

Ness
Leddy

Schmidt
Marshall
Alt
Helgeson
Lofquist

Nice... :D
Hockeyguy_27

Post by Hockeyguy_27 »

Both are stud but I'd prefer Leddy all things being equal.
Hoffman'sMom

Post by Hoffman'sMom »

Nick Leddy, unbelievable player with excellent hands and great vision on the ice
dpsaucer5

Post by dpsaucer5 »

DmanDad1980 wrote:

Ness
Leddy

Schmidt
Marshall
Alt
Helgeson
Lofquist

i agree with what you say about the gophers D in the future but i dont believe that gardiner is overrated. he played forward for a long time until he got moved to d his senior year?? (correct me if thats not accurate) but with that said he has the ability to get involved offensively and also does a very good job in the d zone. i think he is a great player who deserved every little bit of hype that he was given.

but like i said before.. lovin the Gophs D in 2 years! :D im not a big gophs fan, i prefer B.C. since the eaves days but i think i will be reppin maroon and gold when that lineup happens!
dpsaucer5

Post by dpsaucer5 »

but i do believe marshall is a sophmore this year so he might be in 3 years. unless he does what ness did. if not then i dont think that lineup will still be there. i find it hard to believe that leddy and helgeson will stay longer than 2 years.
DmanDad1980

Post by DmanDad1980 »

dpsaucer5 wrote:
DmanDad1980 wrote:

Ness
Leddy

Schmidt
Marshall
Alt
Helgeson
Lofquist

i agree with what you say about the gophers D in the future but i dont believe that gardiner is overrated. he played forward for a long time until he got moved to d his senior year?? (correct me if thats not accurate) but with that said he has the ability to get involved offensively and also does a very good job in the d zone. i think he is a great player who deserved every little bit of hype that he was given.

but like i said before.. lovin the Gophs D in 2 years! :D im not a big gophs fan, i prefer B.C. since the eaves days but i think i will be reppin maroon and gold when that lineup happens!
Gardiner is also very good... just playing w/ Overatedguy... :lol:

Ness & Leddy both have excellent skills... Ness plays the deception game w/ the puck getting the puck to teammates... Leddy is stronger, man did he put a hit on Bjugstad, who became a non-factor after that hit...

They both see the ice very well, a trait that all good Dmen have... It may be unfair to compare these two when both are very good in different ways...
Roseauverrated

Post by Roseauverrated »

Papa Bergundy wrote:
Actually I live in Minneapolis and am a huge gopher fan, I just think Gardiner is a better player. It also seems like the NHL scouts agree with me.
ACTUALFORMERPLAYER

Post by ACTUALFORMERPLAYER »

Roseauverrated wrote:
Papa Bergundy wrote:
Actually I live in Minneapolis and am a huge gopher fan, I just think Gardiner is a better player. It also seems like the NHL scouts agree with me.
You were they same guy posting years ago begging the Northstars to take Lawton instead of Lafontaine so your credibilty is zero. Since I'm at it, get a new name before you have to eat it.
Roseauverrated

Post by Roseauverrated »

ACTUALFORMERPLAYER wrote:
Roseauverrated wrote:
Papa Bergundy wrote: You're on the wrong side of the St. Croix than :lol:
You were they same guy posting years ago begging the Northstars to take Lawton instead of Lafontaine so your credibilty is zero. Since I'm at it, get a new name before you have to eat it.
What are you talking about??? I have no idea who you are referring to but I can assure you that's not me. I didn't have to eat my name last season when Roseau got the crap kicked out of them at the state tournament showing just how overrated they were.
stillwildinIL

Post by stillwildinIL »

Roseauverrated wrote:
Roseauverrated wrote: Actually I live in Minneapolis and am a huge gopher fan, I just think Gardiner is a better player. It also seems like the NHL scouts agree with me.
What are you talking about??? I have no idea who you are referring to but I can assure you that's not me. I didn't have to eat my name last season when Roseau got the crap kicked out of them at the state tournament showing just how overrated they were.
What is your problem with Roseau?
breakout

Post by breakout »

Roseauverrated wrote:
Papa Bergundy wrote:
The Anaheim guys agree with you. You can't be sure who else does. In the NHL world, 17 vs. 40 is not that far off. How much did Gardiner play in today's game?

As for Leddy, wait until June before you draw your conclusions.
Roseauverrated

Post by Roseauverrated »

wildfan247 wrote:
Roseauverrated wrote:
ACTUALFORMERPLAYER wrote:You were they same guy posting years ago begging the Northstars to take Lawton instead of Lafontaine so your credibilty is zero. Since I'm at it, get a new name before you have to eat it.
As most people on here know, I just didn't like them very much last season. Everyone was hyping them up to be some godlike team all because they were undefeated even though they played terrible teams all season long and hadn't proved anything. It just frustrated me and I sort of developed a hatred towards them because I felt they weren't nearly as good as people talked them up to be and that it would show when they finally played top competition. I felt the same way towards Jefferson this season. I've been correct both times right? Hopefully next season when there's a team with a weak schedule and undefeated or close to undefeated record, you guys will be a bit more hesitant to give them that #1 ranking.
Bigcat99

Post by Bigcat99 »

What is your problem with Roseau?[/quote]

Everyone was hyping them up to be some godlike team all because they were undefeated even though they played terrible teams all season long and hadn't proved anything. I felt they weren't nearly as good as people talked them up to be and that it would show when they finally played top competition. I've been correct both times right? Hopefully next season when there's a team with a weak schedule and undefeated or close to undefeated record, you guys will be a bit more hesitant to give them that #1 ranking.[/quote]

It's been covered many times in many different places that teams don't get to pick the section they play in, nor do they have unlimited budgets to haul their kids 6+ hours to the cities every weekend to play only elite programs. They beat the teams put in front of them until they stumbled at state. Not all of their opponents were crap and with "the hype" about them all season long, they had a target on their backs every night on the ice. The bottom line is that they were indeed a very good team, and just happened to get beat by some great competition at state.

Classy screen name! :roll:
stillwildinIL

Post by stillwildinIL »

Bigcat99 wrote:What is your problem with Roseau?
Everyone was hyping them up to be some godlike team all because they were undefeated even though they played terrible teams all season long and hadn't proved anything. I felt they weren't nearly as good as people talked them up to be and that it would show when they finally played top competition. I've been correct both times right? Hopefully next season when there's a team with a weak schedule and undefeated or close to undefeated record, you guys will be a bit more hesitant to give them that #1 ranking.[/quote]

It's been covered many times in many different places that teams don't get to pick the section they play in, nor do they have unlimited budgets to haul their kids 6+ hours to the cities every weekend to play only elite programs. They beat the teams put in front of them until they stumbled at state. Not all of their opponents were crap and with "the hype" about them all season long, they had a target on their backs every night on the ice. The bottom line is that they were indeed a very good team, and just happened to get beat by some great competition at state.

Classy screen name! :roll:[/quote]

Agreed, and I don't know how many people know this but Roseau's goalie Mike Lee was not at all 100% in the 08 tourney. He had a messed up groin that got him through the first round but not against a tougher team in HM. Roseau was as good as they were hyped up to be but one of their best players in Mike Lee couldn't protect his net the way he usualy does. HM did do a good job of shutting down Ness tho. I remember that from being at the game.
ACTUALFORMERPLAYER

Post by ACTUALFORMERPLAYER »

Roseauverrated wrote:
wildfan247 wrote:
Roseauverrated wrote: What are you talking about??? I have no idea who you are referring to but I can assure you that's not me. I didn't have to eat my name last season when Roseau got the crap kicked out of them at the state tournament showing just how overrated they were.
As most people on here know, I just didn't like them very much last season. Everyone was hyping them up to be some godlike team all because they were undefeated even though they played terrible teams all season long and hadn't proved anything. It just frustrated me and I sort of developed a hatred towards them because I felt they weren't nearly as good as people talked them up to be and that it would show when they finally played top competition. I felt the same way towards Jefferson this season. I've been correct both times right? Hopefully next season when there's a team with a weak schedule and undefeated or close to undefeated record, you guys will be a bit more hesitant to give them that #1 ranking.
I looked at all your posts and I couldn't find where you said EP and Hill were going to be the last two champs. It's easy to say the #1 team isn't the #1 team. It is very hard to say who really is the top team. Those Edina boys the computer kept putting at #1 didn't quite pull it off either. Maybe HAL had a virus what's your excuse for being an
Papa Bergundy

Post by Papa Bergundy »

Roseauverrated wrote:
wildfan247 wrote: What is your problem with Roseau?
I looked at all your posts and I couldn't find where you said EP and Hill were going to be the last two champs. It's easy to say the #1 team isn't the #1 team. It is very hard to say who really is the top team. Those Edina boys the computer kept putting at #1 didn't quite pull it off either. Maybe HAL had a virus what's your excuse for being an
All this arguing over a little joke. I don't care where your residence is located, or what team you rep, it was a JOKE. Lighten up people :idea:

Had to keep it classy for my post that launched me in to the 200 club :D
Stay Classy, Minnesota.
StillAnEagle

Post by StillAnEagle »

Leddy is just as fast as Ness, just as good of hands, and is bigger and stronger.

Any questions?
Citizens for one class hockey
5th Line Center

Post by 5th Line Center »

Roseauverrated wrote:
wildfan247 wrote:
Roseauverrated wrote: What are you talking about??? I have no idea who you are referring to but I can assure you that's not me. I didn't have to eat my name last season when Roseau got the crap kicked out of them at the state tournament showing just how overrated they were.
The name you've chosen gives everyone a bold and clear description of how childish and empty you are as a person. Folks, let's just hit the "ignore" button on this guy. He has nothing of substance to contribute to our discussions on this board.

When you develop mentally beyond age 6, you can file a request with us to consider your input.
minnesotahockey26

Post by minnesotahockey26 »

BBB wrote:Leddy - Bigger and stronger defensively in front of the net and in the corners. Also has a slap shot that exceeds 55 mph. Do you guys realize ness is almost 19 years old and his draft year was last year? He played 3 years of hs and moved on at 18 years old. I don't consider him leaving early.
i agree ness is good and can score, but he doesnt have the physical strength that leddy has. Ness gets bounced around and has made many stupid mistakes, we will really have to see what happens when leddy gets on the gophers, ness will get better too but for now id say leddy.