Connor Gaarder

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

backcountry

Connor Gaarder

Post by backcountry »

I personally thought he was a great player and always fun to watch but I want to know if others think he has a D1 shot or what he is doing next year?
winter15

Post by winter15 »

he'll proably get drafted by a ushl team in there next draft, then if he does good there he could possibly get a scholarship offer
scoreboard33

Post by scoreboard33 »

I have heard he has been talking to many colleges, some WCHA, about being a student athlete there. I think the sudent side might be the problem.
bardown30

Post by bardown30 »

scoreboard33 wrote:I have heard he has been talking to many colleges, some WCHA, about being a student athlete there. I think the sudent side might be the problem.
It is indeed the student side that is the problem. Never put much effort in to school work as I think the family had some issues, but that's not my business. He is a great player and it would be great to see someone like him play D1 somewhere, as long as he could stay on track in school.
breakout

Post by breakout »

Connor has the ability and smarts to set sail in several directions. It's up to him.
Hockeyguy_27

Post by Hockeyguy_27 »

breakout wrote:Connor has the ability and smarts to set sail in several directions. It's up to him.
I agree, this kid is quite a hockey player but it is up to him. I suspect you will see him playing for MSU in two years.
johnnyquest

Post by johnnyquest »

no offense, but who does conner gardiner play for ?
Hockeyguy_27

Post by Hockeyguy_27 »

johnnyquest wrote:no offense, but who does conner gardiner play for ?
Gaarder is the other guy who played for Edina on a line with Everson and Lee.
backcountry

Post by backcountry »

johnnyquest
Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:39 pm Post subject:
no offense, but who does conner gardiner play for ?

This is exactly why I wanted to know if anyone heard anything because he is a great player but people don't exactly notice him with all the attention going to Lee and Everson even tho he set them up quite often.
Knock The Net Off

Post by Knock The Net Off »

Interesting topic. Gaarder has played with a "group" of kids for a long time that maybe have received more attention then any group I can recall in High School hockey history including the Jefferson group of the early 90's. His team has been scouted and watched more than anyone else. If his issue is grades he has time to correct that problem while playing Juniors. Not to take anything away from any kids but I believe it would be hard to say anyone from Edina has been overlooked based upon the attention that Budish, Everson, Gaarder, Lee, Baker, Regan, Taft, Van Voorhis, Sit, the younger Everson, ... on and on as well as the TV and newspaper exposure they have received. Good luck to Gaarder as he takes his next step.
hattrickhockey6

Post by hattrickhockey6 »

great player, brutal flow. Worst hair cut I have ever seen.
sideways

Post by sideways »

[quote="hattrickhockey6"]great player, brutal flow. Worst hair cut I have ever seen.[/quote]

Brutal?? That is hockey hair....hornet style.
selloutcrowd99

Post by selloutcrowd99 »

hattrickhockey6 wrote:great player, brutal flow. Worst hair cut I have ever seen.
You wouldn't know sick flow if it was on your front doorstep
The truth hurts
jpiehl

Post by jpiehl »

Not sure if anyone is still following this, but it sounds like Connor Gaarder is going to be playing for North Dakota starting this fall.
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

Wow! Great for him. I knew he had a monster year in the NAHL. His HS teammates have had varied success since they left Edina. Anders Lee is doing real well at Notre Dame, Marshall Everson's team at Harvard has struggled so much it is hard to give him a grade, Joe Gleason is at North Dakota playing less than he probably wants, and Zach Budish has been injured a lot. Best of luck with the Sioux.
Be kind. Rewind.
siouxforce19

Post by siouxforce19 »

O-townClown wrote:Wow! Great for him. I knew he had a monster year in the NAHL. His HS teammates have had varied success since they left Edina. Anders Lee is doing real well at Notre Dame, Marshall Everson's team at Harvard has struggled so much it is hard to give him a grade, Joe Gleason is at North Dakota playing less than he probably wants, and Zach Budish has been injured a lot. Best of luck with the Sioux.
Gleason will play a lot this coming season for the Sioux though. Just got stuck in a deep blue line last season. Should be one of the QB the power play.

Gaarder is walking on at UND. At least for now.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Moving this up to the "latest topics" forum.

If true, I'm glad to see another member of that incredible Edina class go D1. He'd be the 5th, right?
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

The only one that has done anything is Lee and he left after his 8th grade yr. and then returned. Actually that group has been a disappointment after their bantam years.
wblhcky24

Post by wblhcky24 »

How did that team not win a state championship with all that talent
2012 pond hockey All Star
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

mulefarm wrote:The only one that has done anything is Lee and he left after his 8th grade yr. and then returned. Actually that group has been a disappointment after their bantam years.
If I recall correctly, that group didn't win as second year bantams either. Most of their success was as Squirts and PeeWee's when they were all 6 ft + and 30 lbs larger than anybody else that they played. I remember when our kids played them in the state finals as PeeWee's and comparing the size of Budish, Everson, Hylok, and Lee against our 4 ft nothing kid and wondering what they put in their water! Size and skill were a great combination.
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

mulefarm wrote:The only one that has done anything is Lee and he left after his 8th grade yr. and then returned. Actually that group has been a disappointment after their bantam years.
I hope you don't have children. Since when is playing on the top two lines for the hockey team at the world's most prestigious university a disappointment.

Sorry to let you down, dad.
Be kind. Rewind.
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

O-townClown wrote:
I hope you don't have children. Since when is playing on the top two lines for the hockey team at the world's most prestigious university a disappointment.

Sorry to let you down, dad.
Who?
Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 »

"disappointment" is pretty harsh. Keep in mind these are just kids.

Mulefarm must live an amazing life. I am sure he has succeeded at everything he does, and I am sure he has never made a mistake.

Mulefarm is probably the guy playing adult hockey going all out, checking people, taking slapshots into people's shins. Ha! Trying as hard as he can to show people he is a good hockey player.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

wblhcky24 wrote:How did that team not win a state championship with all that talent
A trip down memory lane here: http://www.ushsho.com/forums/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0

I dug out my old state tourney programs...by my count there were 8 players who have gone on/committed to D1 schools on the 08 team, and 9 on the 09 team (not counting the injured Budish). Not quite as many as some of those 90s Jefferson and Duluth East teams, but almost certainly the most in recent memory. It'd be interesting to go through the programs over the years and see which teams ended up with the most...
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

Tigers33 wrote:"disappointment" is pretty harsh. Keep in mind these are just kids.

Mulefarm must live an amazing life. I am sure he has succeeded at everything he does, and I am sure he has never made a mistake.

Mulefarm is probably the guy playing adult hockey going all out, checking people, taking slapshots into people's shins. Ha! Trying as hard as he can to show people he is a good hockey player.
Tigers,
Not really sure why the personal attack. Never really was a good player and didn't have to play adult hockey to stroke my ego. And you?