Top Seniors not in Great 8

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

chiefofmedicine

Top Seniors not in Great 8

Post by chiefofmedicine »

Just wondering what small program guys where left out of the great 8 again this year....
here are a few ive noticed

not sure if he is a senior but Phil Paquette from Luverene put up 65 points in 21 games... awful schedule but maybe atleast an alternate....
and Mike Anderson from the Saint Paul Saints is only an alternate..... im confused i know he made the final 54 for select 17's, then put up 59 points in 23 games... can anyone tell me what kept this kid off the roster?
and i bet when you all read the names of these players and where they play you will be confused wondering if i made them up but i assure you they are real
this isnt some throw away game up in Rochester....
Elvis

Re: Top Seniors not in Great 8

Post by Elvis »

chiefofmedicine wrote:Just wondering what small program guys where left out of the great 8 again this year....
here are a few ive noticed

not sure if he is a senior but Phil Paquette from Luverene put up 65 points in 21 games... awful schedule but maybe atleast an alternate....
and Mike Anderson from the Saint Paul Saints is only an alternate..... im confused i know he made the final 54 for select 17's, then put up 59 points in 23 games... can anyone tell me what kept this kid off the roster?
and i bet when you all read the names of these players and where they play you will be confused wondering if i made them up but i assure you they are real
Anderson not making this team is a joke. I don't think there's any logical explanation for it, The top teams in both A and AA don't see the Saints, and don't respect their players, coaches, conference, or schedule. Not putting down anyone who made the team, but isn't the whole purpose of the Great 8 to get players like Mike Anderson some exposure? What a joke. Shame on the Section 4 coaches.
puckluck19

Post by puckluck19 »

Gus Miller and Jared Maetche from St.Cloud Tech for section 8
chiefofmedicine

Post by chiefofmedicine »

Jared Maetche should be on that team, he is a very good player as well.
this isnt some throw away game up in Rochester....
oldnorth

Post by oldnorth »

Senior goaltender from a small program, Trey Flesch Norhtern Lakes Llghitning happened to be 3rd in the state for Senior goalies and number one in section 8 for seniors and consistenltly in top 7 all year overall. 3 year record of 40-15-5
left out. at least in Juniors you tryout and show them what you have.
It doesnt matter what town you are from...............
Moose Jaw, SK

Post by Moose Jaw, SK »

oldnorth wrote:Senior goaltender from a small program, Trey Flesch Norhtern Lakes Llghitning happened to be 3rd in the state for Senior goalies and number one in section 8 for seniors and consistenltly in top 7 all year overall. 3 year record of 40-15-5
left out.
at least in Juniors you tryout and show them what you have.
It doesnt matter what town you are from...............
At least in theory yes unfortunately that is not always the case. Good luck in tryouts this summer kid.
For the Love of the Game.
russel stover aaa

Post by russel stover aaa »

Sectiion 8:

knox warroad
peiper warroad .he is comitted to d1 i think.
ring brainerd
miller tech
maetche tech
hanson tech
ortenblad bufalo
flesh north lake
terry river lakes
doschadis moorehead
kostich moorehead
alwaysfair

Post by alwaysfair »

Go to hockey hub and look at the stats of the players and that will tell you who did not make the "great 8".........does anybody know how the showcase went so far this weekend?
PeterDenton

Post by PeterDenton »

Ethan Hoppenworth-Rochester Mayo Section1AA/1A
This kid is hands down gifted. He skates very well and his lack of point total is made up from hitting and solid defensive play. Mayos d-core was centered around him for the past two seasons and he will be missed by the program next year.

Good Luck Ethan in whatever you choose to do next year!
western

Post by western »

Gus Miller was by far the best player on the Tech squad this year. There isn't even a question about it. Not only was he the best and team MVP but he was the leading scorer for defensemen in all of Section 8AA. This kid did everything the coaches asked for four years of varsity hockey. My son has played with Miller and most who have feel the same way. Good luck, Gus. You were a terrific player and a helluva captain.
RLStars

Post by RLStars »

alwaysfair wrote:Go to hockey hub and look at the stats of the players and that will tell you who did not make the "great 8".........does anybody know how the showcase went so far this weekend?
If your looking at stats, how in the heck does Colton Warner make the team? His team went 1-2 and hed had ZERO points. He also was suspended from any USA Hockey sanctioned events for a year while in bantams for punching a ref. Sounds like a great pick
justwatchin

Post by justwatchin »

#-o

Hitting a ref his banatam year...totally unappropriate behavior!

How many years ago was that???? How has his behavior been since than? How is it now? LIVING IN THE PRESENT VS. THE PAST IS MUCH MORE POSITIVE!

Kudo's to all that were asked and could have the opportunity!

DO YOUR STATE PROUD! 8)
RLStars

Post by RLStars »

justwatchin wrote:#-o

Hitting a ref his banatam year...totally unappropriate behavior!

How many years ago was that???? How has his behavior been since than? How is it now? LIVING IN THE PRESENT VS. THE PAST IS MUCH MORE POSITIVE!

Kudo's to all that were asked and could have the opportunity!

DO YOUR STATE PROUD! 8)
Read about his play in the other Great 8 thread and tell me how his play is now. Here I'll make it easy for you:
BodyShots wrote:
Off Sides wrote:Goailie

Paul Moberg-Forest Lake
Casey O'Conner-Bloomington Jefferson

Defense

Al McLean-Duluth East
Sam Rendle-Grand Rapids
Reid Herd-Breck
Corey Frautschi-Lakeville South
Bryan Mitchell-Red Wing
Willie Faricy-St. Paul Johnson

Forwards

Riley Horgan-Mound-Westonka
Taylor Wolfe-Eden Prairie
Chris Westin-Virginia
Pat Mahoney-Duluth Marshall
Casey Eckman-Two Harbors
Trent Johnson-Moorhead
Schler Adams-New Praque
Zach May-Burnsville
Colton Wagner-Apple Valley
Tyler Voight-Rochester Lourdes
Blake Schemmel-Red Wing

I believe the last forward is Ben Persian-Orono, but I am not positive. The others were all offerred spots.
Was he number 14 of the orange team? If so, they better like killing penalties in Chicago. Got to admit, he was noticed by the crowd on Sunday. :oops: He loved to slash, trip, and throw punch-to-heads behind the play throughout the game.
And yes he was number 14 orange. We bring up the past because it can be a precursor for the future. :shock: