SC Apollo coach resigns

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

deucereppin

Post by deucereppin »

Yes it is, his dad started that and he helped out with the team.
Love4Hockey

Post by Love4Hockey »

So he has some coaching experience
deucereppin

Post by deucereppin »

Matt Hartman has applied for the job....
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

Has Howe applied for sure or is that just a rumor?
The U invented swagger.
redwhiteandblue

Post by redwhiteandblue »

Nobody has mentioned Jerry DeGagne.

If I was to bet my money would be on him. He's already a teacher in dist 742 (North Junior High) and has a background in coaching high school hockey.
Tigers95

Post by Tigers95 »

I know Jerry DeGagne very well and can tell you that he will not be interested in the job. He is into a masters program and has a son playing HS hockey in Sauk Rapids that he will want to watch. I am sure he is very content watching the game from the other side of the glass. So redwhiteandblue you had better place your bet on someone else.
deucereppin

Post by deucereppin »

Pretty sure Howe will want to continue coaching hockey and no he hasnt applied.
deucereppin

Post by deucereppin »

^^^^^I MEANT PLAYING!
Love4Hockey

Post by Love4Hockey »

Hartman or Howe would be nice guys to come in, they know the program
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

deucereppin wrote:^^^^^I MEANT PLAYING!
There's an edit button for a reason.
The U invented swagger.
Cheese wagon driver

Any new news

Post by Cheese wagon driver »

I've had my face in a book the last week. Anything new on the St. Cloud coaching jobs?
I have just read the updates on here. Has any of these names really applied? Or how can anyone even find this out?
I know some of the former players have been talking about applying but they don't feel that they have enough experience. Plus they're a bit concerned if it goes to someone without coaching experience and only playing experience. I guess I aggree. Just because you've played Div I, does't mean you know how to deal with coaching kids and then have to deal with their inexperienced parents.
From what I hear, thats exactly what both Tech and Apollo are dealing with........ maybe great kids but really unknowledgeable parents.
But hey, I'm a grad student with no ties to either, I just like to watch the games as a fan.
SCC2009

Post by SCC2009 »

all of the speculating can finally end, i am happy to announce that i have given a verbal committment to accept the coaching position at apollo.

ps. my eveil twin has accepted the position at tech....should be a good game when we play.
Who raises their stick after scoring an empty netter?
redwhiteandblue

Last day to apply for the two St. Cloud high school (Apollo and Tech) head coach openings. The district web site states they will not be taking applications after today.

Who are the front runners for these two positions?
western

Post by western »

This just in. They are going to reopen the application process for more potential candidates. Apparently, they don't have a big enough selection to move forward.
redwhiteandblue

western wrote:This just in. They are going to reopen the application process for more potential candidates. Apparently, they don't have a big enough selection to move forward.
...and they won't get a big selection!

Nobody will be knocking down the doors to apply for these two St. Cloud head coaching positions. One program (Tech) has a bunch of "head case" parents looking for D1 scholarships and the other (Apollo) has no talent and might not win a varsity game this year. Knowing how this district operates I don't see a coach at either school until late August.

I don't see any "big names" appling for these jobs.
I wish they would just hire someone so the programs could move forward!
chuckhockey35

Post by chuckhockey35 »

redwhiteblue you should put your money where your mouth is. I'm dedicating our minimum of 10 victories to you bud.
Stealth

Post by Stealth »

St. Cloud Tech  Loss
Away vs. Brainerd  Loss
Rocori  Loss
Alexandria  Loss
Detroit Lakes Win Granite City Tournament first round opponent?
Away vs. Fergus Falls  Loss
Sartell  Loss
Away vs. Willmar  Loss
Away vs. St. Cloud Tech  Loss
Sauk Centre Win
Away vs. Sauk Rapids-Rice  Loss
Brainerd  Loss
Wadena-Deer Creek.  Loss
Away vs. Rocori  Loss
Away vs. Alexandria  Loss
Fergus Falls  Loss
Away vs. Little Falls Win
Saint Michael-Albertville  Loss
Willmar  Loss
Away vs. Sartell  Loss
Sauk Rapids-Rice  Loss

I'm missing four games so give two more wins? That is only 5 without play offs. :-k
Love4Hockey

Post by Love4Hockey »

I agree with Chuck, Apollo will be a young team but they have the heart, they have young guys who want to step into a varsity roll, the young talent is good and the goaltending will be great with Pentz in net who is a great goalie, great returning guys in Jaeger and Stanly who want to be successful and will push the young guys like the sophmores and frehsmen who wernt on the team last year to get them ready for the season, but Apollo will be a suprise this year, you watch
deucereppin

Post by deucereppin »

Apollo easily has the ability to win double digit games. Back to back years their JV team has won double digit games and will basically be playing against the same group of kids. Im not saying they are a great team by any means but they will do better than most expect them too.
Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 »

What was their record last season? I would definitely think their record would be worse than last year. They have to lose quite a bit of their points from a season ago. Correct?
redwhiteandblue

Ok...maybe 2 wins if the other teams goalie doesn't show up!
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Tigers33 wrote:What was their record last season? I would definitely think their record would be worse than last year. They have to lose quite a bit of their points from a season ago. Correct?
According to the geocities/dent site, 47 goals were scored by seniors last season, 22 by underclassmen.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
deucereppin

Post by deucereppin »

Basically all of those 47 goals came from just 2 of 11 or 12 seniors. There was only two good seniors all of the others had played JV as juniors lacking a ton of experience. This year they will have 3 decent lines rather than just one good two garbage lines.
Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 »

Chuck,

How many wins did they have last season?? They will easily have less this year. With the loss of 47 goals and a new coach will result to less wins next season.

Someone tell me how many wins they had last season.
deucereppin

Post by deucereppin »

Tigers, they had 4!!!!! I don't think the loss of their coach isnt gonna effect them to much. They need change! The Eagles will soar to double digits!!!