St Thomas (1-0) @ Minnetonka (4-0) 12-19-09 7pm

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Poll ended at Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:52 am

Cadets
30%
Skippers
70%

Total votes: 46

HShockeywatcher

St Thomas (1-0) @ Minnetonka (4-0) 12-19-09 7pm

Post by HShockeywatcher »

This is both Tonka and STA's next competitive game. Minnetonka allowed 1 goal against a mediocre AA opponent and shut out, by a score of 21-0, 3 A opponents. St Thomas' first game was beating Breck, the defending state champs.

On paper, when they play, St Thomas will have played slightly better competition. That being said, this recent rivalry will for sure produce a class game. St Thomas leads the series 2-1-1 that started four winters ago.

Last four years:
08-09: 4-3 STA
07-08: 5-2 Tonka
06-07: 3-3 Tie
05-06: 4-2 STA

Should be a good game. Good luck to both teams.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

7-3 Minnetonka
nikebauer05

Post by nikebauer05 »

5-2 Tonka
HShockeywatcher

Before the Tartan game, I would've predicted a St Thomas win. Obviously I want a win, but Alritcher needs to not give up 4 goals, like he's averaged so far and be the state winning goalie he was two years ago.

5-3 St Thomas
blueblood

Tonka v. STA

Post by blueblood »

If Altricher is struggling, Tonka will roll. Tonka is averaging 7.5gpg and allowing 0.25gpg

Tonka - 5
STA - 2
HShockeywatcher

Just noticed St Thomas is hosting Cretin in their annual basketball dual at 6pm while this is an away game. There will be virtually NO fan section at this game unless they play it earlier. Very dumb scheduling by St Thomas I must say.

Tonka by 2 :(
Roseauverrated

Post by Roseauverrated »

Tonka 5-0
HM Hockey19

Post by HM Hockey19 »

Skippers. 6-1
bender09

Post by bender09 »

tonka 4-3.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

HShockeywatcher wrote:Before the Tartan game, I would've predicted a St Thomas win. Obviously I want a win, but Alritcher needs to not give up 4 goals, like he's averaged so far and be the state winning goalie he was two years ago.

5-3 St Thomas
HShockeywatcher wrote:Just noticed St Thomas is hosting Cretin in their annual basketball dual at 6pm while this is an away game. There will be virtually NO fan section at this game unless they play it earlier. Very dumb scheduling by St Thomas I must say.

You switch from a 2 goal STA victory to a 2 goal MHS victory because of the fans?
HShockeywatcher

More out of spite. Unless Minnetonka refused to have the game at a different time/date, scheduling ANY sporting event the same time as a Cretin game is ridiculous, non the less a away hockey game against a very good opponent.

Of course I want St Thomas to win, but man that is upsetting. Any true St Thomas fan should be at that basketball game, bigger than any other game of the year. Anyway...go Cadets!
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

Slap Shot wrote:
HShockeywatcher wrote:Before the Tartan game, I would've predicted a St Thomas win. Obviously I want a win, but Alritcher needs to not give up 4 goals, like he's averaged so far and be the state winning goalie he was two years ago.

5-3 St Thomas
HShockeywatcher wrote:Just noticed St Thomas is hosting Cretin in their annual basketball dual at 6pm while this is an away game. There will be virtually NO fan section at this game unless they play it earlier. Very dumb scheduling by St Thomas I must say.

You switch from a 2 goal STA victory to a 2 goal MHS victory because of the fans?
Pathetic.
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

Tonka by 3
fromdanorth

Post by fromdanorth »

tonka will beat them, tonka will be the team to beat this year unless the injury bug hits or discipline issues get in the way, I don't see it happening, Good Luck :wink:
mn miracle man

Post by mn miracle man »

Tonka 5-2...just too much for the cadets
DotaDangler

Post by DotaDangler »

HM Hockey19 wrote:Skippers. 6-1
funny. :lol: This will be a close game, at it has been the last several years.
Imagine a world...with no Wisconsin
blueblood

Close Game...

Post by blueblood »

6-1 is a close game for Tonka :lol:
HShockeywatcher

As I am very disappointed in the scheduling, I will say that PREDICTING Tonka to destroy their first legit opponent of the year is very ignorant. Either team may have the firepower to put up 8 goals in this game, but I doubt that will happen. It will likely be a 2 goal game or less either way.
MNHockey75

Post by MNHockey75 »

#1AA Minnetonka - 6
#1A St. Thomas - 4
backrinkrat

Post by backrinkrat »

Tonka 3-1 thriller empty net goal
backcheck101

Post by backcheck101 »

St Thomas soon will lead the series 3-1-1. Should be a great game. Go Cadets

St Thomas 4

Minnetonka3
HShockeywatcher

What is up with St Thomas' defense?! The first two you can say something about, but giving up two to Simley has no excuse...for the goalie or defensemen regardless of the other.

Alritcher must really not be the goalie we (I) thought and the D-fence must not be what it was in the past.

I hope backcheck101 is right.
northwoods oldtimer

Skippers

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

The Skippers will put the troops in running time and you can take that to the flippin' bank boys. :o :shock:
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

HShockeywatcher wrote:As I am very disappointed in the scheduling, I will say that PREDICTING Tonka to destroy their first legit opponent of the year is very ignorant. Either team may have the firepower to put up 8 goals in this game, but I doubt that will happen. It will likely be a 2 goal game or less either way.
Which is it? First it was STA by 2, then MHS by 2 because STA won't be able to pack Pagel with their ominous fanbase, and now it's back up for grabs.
High Flyer

Post by High Flyer »

Slap Shot wrote:
HShockeywatcher wrote:As I am very disappointed in the scheduling, I will say that PREDICTING Tonka to destroy their first legit opponent of the year is very ignorant. Either team may have the firepower to put up 8 goals in this game, but I doubt that will happen. It will likely be a 2 goal game or less either way.
Which is it? First it was STA by 2, then MHS by 2 because STA won't be able to pack Pagel with their ominous fanbase, and now it's back up for grabs.
I think all HShockeywatcher is trying to point out is home ice advantage goes to Mtka this game. And yes, had there not been the CDH basketball game, there would have been a much bigger STA student body fan base attending this away game

Regardless of the outcome this sat., everyone may get to see round two during the Swans cup as both teams could end up facing each other again at the X-cell. At least no-one could claim home ice advantage in that game.