my dream for high school hockey

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Post Reply
Hockeywatcher123
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:57 pm

my dream for high school hockey

Post by Hockeywatcher123 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:23 pm

i know that this could probably never happen, but im going to share my idea anyway. I wish they could make a power conference. A conference where anybody can anybody on any given night, simular to the NHL. A conference with all the top teams in the state. The teams i would like to see in it are:
tonka
ep
jefferson
hill
sta
blaine
edina
wayzata
breck
aha
benilde
cretin


im not sayin... just sayin

what do you guys think?

hockeyjunkie2
Posts: 1213
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:42 pm
Location: Apple Valley, MN

Post by hockeyjunkie2 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:02 pm

Terrible idea and I can't agree with all the teams you listed.

Wayzata- Only 1 State Tournament App. in 2005
CDH- 06 Champ and 09 4th. Then you have to go back to '88 to find a 0-2 state tourney app. for their next one which was also their first. They have been good as late but who is to say that continues forever?

It's not all about State app. but it something I was able to easily use to judge how a season may have went for some of the schools. Those were just 2 schools I used quick off the top of my head it's Christmas Eve I have things to do.

Happy Holidays to all!

defense
Posts: 1263
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:20 pm
Location: right here

Post by defense » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:01 pm

Someone has to lose to have someone win. Big picture here: eventually some of the teams will drop from prominence anyway, this will be another means to an end.

MNHockeyFan
Posts: 6792
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:28 pm

Post by MNHockeyFan » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:49 am

Conference alignments are NOT dependent on hockey!

High Flyer
Posts: 464
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:13 am

Re: my dream for high school hockey

Post by High Flyer » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:06 am

Hockeywatcher123 wrote:i know that this could probably never happen, but im going to share my idea anyway. I wish they could make a power conference. A conference where anybody can anybody on any given night, simular to the NHL. A conference with all the top teams in the state. The teams i would like to see in it are:
tonka
ep
jefferson
hill
sta
blaine
edina
wayzata
breck
aha
benilde
cretin


im not sayin... just sayin

what do you guys think?
I like the idea, but this is what I would do:

Hill Murray
BSM
AHA
CDH
STA
Totino
Breck
Blake
Providance
Holy Family
SPA

Should satisfy the private haters, that is until sections come around

nipe 6
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:17 pm

Post by nipe 6 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:25 pm

MNHockeyFan wrote:Conference alignments are NOT dependent on hockey!
Isn't Two Rivers conference strictly aligned for hockey and no other sports? I could be wrong, but I think thats the case. But ya this conference idea is a bad one lol.

HShockeywatcher
Posts: 6848
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:21 pm

Post by HShockeywatcher » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:53 pm

There are some conferences that are specifically aligned for certain sports. The WCHA (D1) and NCHA (D3) in hockey and the North Country Conference in football come to mind. It is not common, but it happens.

As for this idea, it's dumb.

defense
Posts: 1263
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:20 pm
Location: right here

Post by defense » Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:34 pm

nipe 6 wrote:
MNHockeyFan wrote:Conference alignments are NOT dependent on hockey!
Isn't Two Rivers conference strictly aligned for hockey and no other sports? I could be wrong, but I think thats the case. But ya this conference idea is a bad one lol.
Though I believe it is kind of a formality these days, the Marriucci Conference is a hockey only conference.

What is the North Country Conference????

karl(east)
Posts: 6095
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:03 pm
Contact:

Post by karl(east) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:04 pm

defense wrote:
nipe 6 wrote:
MNHockeyFan wrote:Conference alignments are NOT dependent on hockey!
Isn't Two Rivers conference strictly aligned for hockey and no other sports? I could be wrong, but I think thats the case. But ya this conference idea is a bad one lol.
Though I believe it is kind of a formality these days, the Marriucci Conference is a hockey only conference.

What is the North Country Conference????
It is/was a football conference in the Duluth area (Duluth publics, Cloquet, Rapids, Detroit Lakes--not sure how they ended up in there--maybe a few others). I believe it's about to be dissolved, though.

Post Reply