my dream for high school hockey

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Hockeywatcher123

my dream for high school hockey

Post by Hockeywatcher123 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:23 pm

i know that this could probably never happen, but im going to share my idea anyway. I wish they could make a power conference. A conference where anybody can anybody on any given night, simular to the NHL. A conference with all the top teams in the state. The teams i would like to see in it are:
tonka
ep
jefferson
hill
sta
blaine
edina
wayzata
breck
aha
benilde
cretin

im not sayin... just sayin

what do you guys think?

hockeyjunkie2

Post by hockeyjunkie2 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:02 pm

Terrible idea and I can't agree with all the teams you listed.

Wayzata- Only 1 State Tournament App. in 2005
CDH- 06 Champ and 09 4th. Then you have to go back to '88 to find a 0-2 state tourney app. for their next one which was also their first. They have been good as late but who is to say that continues forever?

It's not all about State app. but it something I was able to easily use to judge how a season may have went for some of the schools. Those were just 2 schools I used quick off the top of my head it's Christmas Eve I have things to do.

Happy Holidays to all!

defense

Post by defense » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:01 pm

Someone has to lose to have someone win. Big picture here: eventually some of the teams will drop from prominence anyway, this will be another means to an end.

MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:49 am

Conference alignments are NOT dependent on hockey!

High Flyer

Re: my dream for high school hockey

Post by High Flyer » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:06 am

Hockeywatcher123 wrote:i know that this could probably never happen, but im going to share my idea anyway. I wish they could make a power conference. A conference where anybody can anybody on any given night, simular to the NHL. A conference with all the top teams in the state. The teams i would like to see in it are:
tonka
ep
jefferson
hill
sta
blaine
edina
wayzata
breck
aha
benilde
cretin

im not sayin... just sayin

what do you guys think?
I like the idea, but this is what I would do:

Hill Murray
BSM
AHA
CDH
STA
Totino
Breck
Blake
Providance
Holy Family
SPA

Should satisfy the private haters, that is until sections come around

nipe 6

Post by nipe 6 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:25 pm

MNHockeyFan wrote:Conference alignments are NOT dependent on hockey!
Isn't Two Rivers conference strictly aligned for hockey and no other sports? I could be wrong, but I think thats the case. But ya this conference idea is a bad one lol.

HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:53 pm

There are some conferences that are specifically aligned for certain sports. The WCHA (D1) and NCHA (D3) in hockey and the North Country Conference in football come to mind. It is not common, but it happens.

As for this idea, it's dumb.

defense

Post by defense » Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:34 pm

nipe 6 wrote:
Isn't Two Rivers conference strictly aligned for hockey and no other sports? I could be wrong, but I think thats the case. But ya this conference idea is a bad one lol.
Though I believe it is kind of a formality these days, the Marriucci Conference is a hockey only conference.

What is the North Country Conference????

karl(east)

Post by karl(east) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:04 pm

defense wrote:
nipe 6 wrote:
Though I believe it is kind of a formality these days, the Marriucci Conference is a hockey only conference.

What is the North Country Conference????
It is/was a football conference in the Duluth area (Duluth publics, Cloquet, Rapids, Detroit Lakes--not sure how they ended up in there--maybe a few others). I believe it's about to be dissolved, though.