Tyler Heinonen from Delano?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

mnhockey07

Tyler Heinonen from Delano?

Post by mnhockey07 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:18 pm

Does this kid have any future in college puck? I was looking at Delano's schedule and they haven't played any good teams but he scores goals from what i see online! Does anyone know about him...selects? College? He's up there for scoring leaders and Im wondering what ppls thoughts are if they have seen him play?

Doglover

Post by Doglover » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:48 am

He played in Elite League and was a good player. Too bad he plays for a weak program with a light schedule. Tough to get noticed but not impossible. Good luck to him.

Matty Kane

Re: Tyler Heinonen from Delano?

Post by Matty Kane » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:29 pm

mnhockey07 wrote:Does this kid have any future in college puck? I was looking at Delano's schedule and they haven't played any good teams but he scores goals from what i see online! Does anyone know about him...selects? College? He's up there for scoring leaders and Im wondering what ppls thoughts are if they have seen him play?
The kid's got game, sure the program and supporting cast is weak but the kid can play. Finding natural scoring is hard to find. Sounds like Michigan Tech is his best fit and biggest sutor.

His linemate Peter Swenson is one heck of a player too. He feeds him the puck like no other.

But to your point about Delano is a weak team, from what I have seen it is because they do not get any second line scoring. 25 20 and 19 don't put the puck in the net to support Delano. For example 25 had 4 or 5 opportunities in the one game I watched and he could not bury the puck. Then I researched this kid afterwards, 0 goals on the year.

Heinonen is a great player, just no supporting cast.

fivehole628

Re: Tyler Heinonen from Delano?

Post by fivehole628 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:43 pm

Matty Kane wrote:
mnhockey07 wrote:Does this kid have any future in college puck? I was looking at Delano's schedule and they haven't played any good teams but he scores goals from what i see online! Does anyone know about him...selects? College? He's up there for scoring leaders and Im wondering what ppls thoughts are if they have seen him play?
The kid's got game, sure the program and supporting cast is weak but the kid can play. Finding natural scoring is hard to find. Sounds like Michigan Tech is his best fit and biggest sutor.

His linemate Peter Swenson is one heck of a player too. He feeds him the puck like no other.

But to your point about Delano is a weak team, from what I have seen it is because they do not get any second line scoring. 25 20 and 19 don't put the puck in the net to support Delano. For example 25 had 4 or 5 opportunities in the one game I watched and he could not bury the puck. Then I researched this kid afterwards, 0 goals on the year.

Heinonen is a great player, just no supporting cast.
I'm not seeing a Peter Swenson on the roster Mr. Kane. Oh btw nice sports section in the local paper (If this is actually the infamous Matt Kane). How did you get the job? You have the spelling ability of a 4th grader...

Yes, Tyler will go D-1 somewhere.

Matty Kane

Post by Matty Kane » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:28 pm

I'm sorry that was another one of my spelling errors, I meant to say Jack Emmer is a good player. Not Peter Swenson

fivehole628

Post by fivehole628 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:50 pm

Matty Kane wrote:I'm sorry that was another one of my spelling errors, I meant to say Jack Emmer is a good player. Not Peter Swenson
Haha im just messin with ya! But yeah he's pretty good.

HockeyDad2016

Post by HockeyDad2016 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:54 pm

Will he play in Delano next year has a Senior?

fivehole628

Post by fivehole628 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:20 pm

HockeyDad2016 wrote:Will he play in Delano next year has a Senior?
It would be dumb for him to stay his senior season. Maybe if Delano had a chance to win state next year.................

Hopefully he goes somewhere in the USHL for next season.