Section 4AA

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Northsider

Post by Northsider »

Exactly. White Bear will have a 5 on 3 in the fifth OT and will clank a slap shot off the crossbar. A Hill player will pick it up and bring it down on a break-away ony to be stoned by the goalie. A White Bear defenseman trailing behind the play will be caught unaware as the puck deflects off the goalie, hits him in the behind, and darts back through the five hole and trickles into the net and a large chorus of "Jesus Loves Us" erupts on the Hill side.
Spooge

Re: 4AA

Post by Spooge »

[quote="stpaul"]They're up on the MSHSL website. Let the games begin.

1. Hill-Murray 22-2-1
2. White Bear Lake 15-9-1
3. Stillwater 14-9-2
4. Tartan 15-9-1
5. Mounds View 11-12-2
6. North St. Paul 14-11
7. Roseville 7-17-1
8. SP Como Park 10-14-1
9. SP Saints 4-21

"Youngy’s Ponies will have to get past pretty good NSP & WBL clubs before he gets his wish to have them run at HM’s goalie."

I think you mean PPG's Pioneers will have to get past Como or Saints & Tartan or Mounds View to get his wish to try to squeak-out another Dbl-OT win... don't you??? Its Sections baby, take any team for granted & you are toast! #-o
wblhockeyfan8
Location: White Bear Lake, MN. Front row of the student section.

Post by wblhockeyfan8 »

Love this banter from PPG and stpaul.

But honestly, those predictions were pretty much dead on. :lol:
Always celly hard.
WBLHockeyfan04

Post by WBLHockeyfan04 »

5 OT'S northsider! I don't know if I could handle that. If that game is anything like the 2OT thriller I saw in '06 I would have no complaints. (Other than the outcome of course :) )
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

I can easily see three lower seeds winning in the quarterfinals.
WBLHockeyfan04

Post by WBLHockeyfan04 »

wbmd wrote:I can easily see three lower seeds winning in the quarterfinals.
I can see the Stillwater and Tartan games being 1 goal games, but I think the top 4 seeds will advance. WBL only beat Roseville by 1 on Thursday, but I don't think they could play much worse and they still won.

I really want to see a Stillwater, WBL semi, because last game was pretty entertaining.
gophs16

Post by gophs16 »

WBLHockeyfan04 wrote:
wbmd wrote:I can easily see three lower seeds winning in the quarterfinals.
I can see the Stillwater and Tartan games being 1 goal games, but I think the top 4 seeds will advance. WBL only beat Roseville by 1 on Thursday, but I don't think they could play much worse and they still won.

I really want to see a Stillwater, WBL semi, because last game was pretty entertaining.
I think if the top four seeds advance to the semis both games will be pretty awesome. White Bear and Stillwater will be very heated and I would expect battle. Stillwater still has to get passed NSP which lost to Mounds View the other night but still has some game. Rubbelke is a very good player and a game changer.
jumper4

Post by jumper4 »

youngblood08 wrote:PPG did STillwater play DE this year?? No. Did tartan play Park? Yes It's called common opponent. Just like MV and Woodbury were between the 2.

I am sure he will show as much class as the Hill players deserve. About as much class that they showed at the last Stillwater game they went to. Think you got bumped into last year lil Timmy?

Remember what happened to last year's #1.
Youngblood, you did not honestly just "call-out" a seventeen year old kid on a high school forum....
mngophs04

Post by mngophs04 »

If I were White Bear, I would have wanted Tartan to get the 3 seed. Hard to beat a decent team three times.
Northsider

Post by Northsider »

5OT's!!!! And then the 5AA game gets to start at 11pm.
Spooge

Post by Spooge »

jumper4 wrote:
youngblood08 wrote:PPG did STillwater play DE this year?? No. Did tartan play Park? Yes It's called common opponent. Just like MV and Woodbury were between the 2.

I am sure he will show as much class as the Hill players deserve. About as much class that they showed at the last Stillwater game they went to. Think you got bumped into last year lil Timmy?

Remember what happened to last year's #1.
Youngblood, you did not honestly just "call-out" a seventeen year old kid on a high school forum....
What makes this all so funny is that the goalie was never bumped... he simply did what any smart goalie would do, and became the best actor that ever laced-up goalie skates, and fell to the ice as Housley skated through the crease. I was in an ideal position and there wasn't any contact whatsoever.
stpaul

4AA

Post by stpaul »

From our less than ideal vantage points about 5,999 other spectators did see Shaughnessy get hit after the whistle. Thank God you were in the perfect position to set the record straight one year later. Although when Jordan Johnson tucked the puck in the back of the net nobody cared anymore. We now officially forgive the Housley kid.
Sparlimb

Re: 4AA

Post by Sparlimb »

stpaul wrote:From our less than ideal vantage points about 5,999 other spectators did see Shaughnessy get hit after the whistle. Thank God you were in the perfect position to set the record straight one year later. Although when Jordan Johnson tucked the puck in the back of the net nobody cared anymore. We now officially forgive the Housley kid.
We forgave him that night. Everyone makes mistakes. Just some people are adults and look mighty silly acting so classless. They are tougher to forgive.
youngblood08

Post by youngblood08 »

Funny you used to be able to see the video here - http://www.hmpioneers.net/hockey/video/video.htm

but ever since someone brought it up again it has mystereously disappearred!!
Pioneerprideguy

Post by Pioneerprideguy »

Last year's section hockey was a bit wierd as it saw several first. Tartan was seeded #1 & Stillwater made it to the section finals for the first time. I don't think either team handled it well. HM came into the play-offs with a depleted team and many felt that if teams were gonna knock off the Pioneers, they better do it this year. Well, that didn't happen & the Pioneer program just got that much stronger. A 20 win season with only 5 seniors and an undefeated JV program, indicates HM will continue to be a force in this section.

The alumni wanna wish ya the best of luck in sections this year. Take it one shift at a time, keep working, and good things will come.
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

Pioneerprideguy wrote:Last year's section hockey was a bit wierd as it saw several first. Tartan was seeded #1 & Stillwater made it to the section finals for the first time. I don't think either team handled it well. HM came into the play-offs with a depleted team and many felt that if teams were gonna knock off the Pioneers, they better do it this year. Well, that didn't happen & the Pioneer program just got that much stronger. A 20 win season with only 5 seniors and an undefeated JV program, indicates HM will continue to be a force in this section.

The alumni wanna wish ya the best of luck in sections this year. Take it one shift at a time, keep working, and good things will come.
Stillwater was in the Section 3 finals in 1984 and 1987, losing to Hill both years. Stillwater also lost in O.T. to White Bear in the 1989 Section 3 finals.
Last edited by wbmd on Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pioneerprideguy

Post by Pioneerprideguy »

My bad...my memory fails as I get older. I guess my post should read, as changes occur, somethings never change. :wink:
hm88

Post by hm88 »

youngblood08 wrote:Funny you used to be able to see the video here - http://www.hmpioneers.net/hockey/video/video.htm

but ever since someone brought it up again it has mystereously disappearred!!
Its still there, just look a little harder...
stpaul

HM - Stillwater

Post by stpaul »

What, do you mean there is no Hill-Murray conspiracy to hide the evidence of Stillwater's innocence ?

By the way, there is only one r in disappeared. We private schoolers care about things like correct spelling.
pioneers

Post by pioneers »

Always helps if you look in the right place

http://www.hmpioneers.net/hockey/video/ ... _Final.mov
Pioneers 1983, 1991 and 2008 State Champions