S.E.C. current standings (2-5-10) UPDATED

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

wbmd

S.E.C. current standings (2-5-10) UPDATED

Post by wbmd »

Cretin 10-3-0 (20 points)
Woodbury 9-2-2 (20 points)
Forest Lake 8-2-2 (18 points)
Stillwater 8-3-2 (18 points)
W.B.L. 8-3-1 (17 points)
Hastings 5-7-1 (11 points)
Mounds View 5-8-0 (10 points)
Park 3-9-1 (7 points)
Roseville 3-9-1 (7 points)
East Ridge 0-13-0 (0 points)
Last edited by wbmd on Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
formerlybackofnet

Post by formerlybackofnet »

WB and Forest lake have played 1 less game than others in the conf. This will be remidied on Tue., and things will tighten up even more no matter which team wins.
youngblood08

Post by youngblood08 »

Cretin 10-3-0 (20 points) - Flake, WBL and Wdby
Woodbury 9-2-2 (20 points) - MV, WBL and CDH
Forest Lake 8-2-2 (18 points) - WBL, CDH, Still and MV
Stillwater 8-3-2 (18 points) - WBL, Flake and MV
W.B.L. 8-3-1 (17 points) Flake, Still, Wdby and CDH
Hastings 5-7-1 (11 points) Wdby, CDH, Flake and Still
Mounds View 5-8-0 (10 points) Wdby, STill and Flake
Park 3-9-1 (7 points) WBL
Roseville 3-9-1 (7 points) Wdby, CDH and WBL
East Ridge 0-13-0 (0 points) Flake and Still

Lots of action left should be an interesting finish. Just listed who has big games that could determine the outcome. I think we still could see an upset or two with Hastings, MV, Park and Roseville not giving up without a fight. East Ridge still looking for that Conference win could damage someone.
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

Definites:

Forest Lake has tie-breaker over Woodbury w/ W and T
Woodbury has tie-breaker over Stillwater w/ W and T
CDH owns goal-differential w/spilt vs Stillwater

After one game played:

WBL over Stillwater and CDH
CDH over Forest Lake
Forest Lake over WBL
Stillwater tied Forest Lake
Woodbury over WBL and CDH

WBL has the toughest schedule as they have to face all four teams ahead of them. But as we saw with Forest Lake's 1-0 loss to Roseville last week, we can't expect any free rides for these teams.

At this point, Stillwater has no head-to-head advantage and will have to win the conference outright.

What a cluster!!
Pioneerprideguy

Post by Pioneerprideguy »

All these teams are fighting/grinding it out to win a conference and improve their seeding. Will they have anything left when it matters most?
Just_Another_Fan

Post by Just_Another_Fan »

Pioneerprideguy wrote:All these teams are fighting/grinding it out to win a conference and improve their seeding. Will they have anything left when it matters most?
Interesting point PPG. Last year it came down to the wire for woodbury and WBL and look what happened to them come section time.
stilly5hm3

Post by stilly5hm3 »

yea i know ppg....life in a real conference is tough
Pioneerprideguy

stilly5hm3 wrote:yea i know ppg....life in a real conference is tough
Not sure how "real" it is when you look at how the SEC has done playing teams outside it's conference. Almost every conference has a few weak teams in every sport. Put Stillwater in the CSC this year, and they would be in the middle of the standings just where they are in the SEC.
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

Pioneerprideguy wrote:
Not sure how "real" it is when you look at how the SEC has done playing teams outside it's conference. Almost every conference has a few weak teams in every sport. Put Stillwater in the CSC this year, and they would be in the middle of the standings just where they are in the SEC.
2nd place (point wise) in the SEC is 'the middle of the standings'? That's new to me.
Pioneerprideguy

I guess I read it wrong. I see 2 teams with more points ahead of them, so I'm not sure how that puts them second. Public school math?
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

Pioneerprideguy wrote:I guess I read it wrong. I see 2 teams with more points ahead of them, so I'm not sure how that puts them second. Public school math?
I was thinking the same thing. WBMD must have had a brain fart on that one. :lol: Not to mention, either WBL, Flake or both (Head to Head tie breaker) will surpass them after Tuesday's catch up game.
Sykes

Post by Sykes »

BodyShots wrote:
Pioneerprideguy wrote:I guess I read it wrong. I see 2 teams with more points ahead of them, so I'm not sure how that puts them second. Public school math?
I was thinking the same thing. WBMD must have had a brain fart on that one. :lol: Not to mention, either WBL, Flake or both (Head to Head tie breaker) will surpass them after Tuesday's catch up game.
Does anyone know about the conference tie breaker rules in regards to the conference championship. Last year when Woodbury was playing WBL in the last game of the season, I was told they had to win the game to be conference champion. Otherwise, it would have been a tie with CDH. Woodbury swept CDH during the season so would have had any tie breaker. So is there a tie breaker system or is there just co-champions?
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

Sykes wrote:
BodyShots wrote:
Does anyone know about the conference tie breaker rules in regards to the conference championship. Last year when Woodbury was playing WBL in the last game of the season, I was told they had to win the game to be conference champion. Otherwise, it would have been a tie with CDH. Woodbury swept CDH during the season so would have had any tie breaker. So is there a tie breaker system or is there just co-champions?
In our politically correct society, I think its co-champions. And the rest get participation medals. :roll:
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

Pioneerprideguy wrote:
Hastings and Mounds View would actually be considered 'middle of the standings' at this point.
gophs16

Post by gophs16 »

Pioneerprideguy wrote:All these teams are fighting/grinding it out to win a conference and improve their seeding. Will they have anything left when it matters most?
Oh you don't worry about White Bear and Stillwater coming after you Pioneers "when it matters most." They will be ready to go.
gophs16

Post by gophs16 »

I felt that one coming....Ouch
Pioneerprideguy

gophs16 wrote:
Oh you don't worry about White Bear and Stillwater coming after you Pioneers "when it matters most." They will be ready to go.
I'll alert the program. :roll:
Spooge

Post by Spooge »

Pioneerprideguy wrote:
gophs16 wrote:
Is it just me, or does everyone just keep teeing 'em up for PPG?
besthockeyfan

Post by besthockeyfan »

gophs16 wrote:
Why would this year be any different than the last 30-40 years? :?
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

Spooge wrote:
Pioneerprideguy wrote:
gophs16 wrote: Oh you don't worry about White Bear and Stillwater coming after you Pioneers "when it matters most." They will be ready to go.
Is it just me, or does everyone just keep teeing 'em up for PPG?
:lol: :oops: ... It does getting embarassing for my pal, PPG... You should see how harsh he is to me in private messaging!!! :cry: :cry:
Pioneerprideguy

GFD...ssshhhhh,

I don't want that to ruin my reputation. :wink: