Doug Woog Jersey to be retired By SSP

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

puckhouse27

Doug Woog Jersey to be retired By SSP

Post by puckhouse27 »

The South St. Paul Packers will be retiring Doug Woogs Jersey on Saturday Febuary 6 at Wakota Arena After the first period of The South St.Paul vs. Tartan hockey game begining at 8:00 pm.

Wakota Arena 141 east 6th street South st. Paul

Pre-game celebrations will be held from 6:00 pm to 8:00pm at The Croation Hall
445 2nd avenue South St. Paul.

Come join us in celebrating Dougs great career and many conributions he made to minnesota hockey as a player and more importantly as a coach to many great minnesota hockey players. It also should be a good game between the two teams with a packed house.
Goldfishdude

Re: Doug Woog Jersey to be retired By SSP

Post by Goldfishdude »

puckhouse27 wrote:The South St. Paul Packers will be retiring Doug Woogs Jersey on Saturday Febuary 6 at Wakota Arena After the first period of The South St.Paul vs. Tartan hockey game begining at 8:00 pm.

Wakota Arena 141 east 6th street South st. Paul

Pre-game celebrations will be held from 6:00 pm to 8:00pm at The Croation Hall
445 2nd avenue South St. Paul.

Come join us in celebrating Dougs great career and many conributions he made to minnesota hockey as a player and more importantly as a coach to many great minnesota hockey players. It also should be a good game between the two teams with a packed house.
Ummmmmm... not to be negative, but, will The Wooger actually be IN the jersey while it gets hung?? I know a few ex-Gopher players would like to see that!! :wink:

Seriously??? i thought that was done a LONG, LONG time ago... while he was coaching Gophs.. What took so long?
puckhouse27

Post by puckhouse27 »

His number was never retired by south st. Paul. In 2004 they retired phil housleys number and last year they retired warren millers jersey both former nhl players. I guess they think doug deserves the same and will finally have it done! by the way the jerseys are quite big they hang in wakota so doug being a small man would fall out lol.
Pioneerprideguy

Post by Pioneerprideguy »

Will it mention if he is a right or left handed shot? :lol:
ALSECORD

Post by ALSECORD »

I heard Fox was not renewing his contract due to medical reasons. Any thuth to that? If so i hope things are o.k. I always enjoyed the Wooger's passion for the game. Good guy too!
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

ALSECORD wrote:I heard Fox was not renewing his contract due to medical reasons. Any thuth to that? If so i hope things are o.k. I always enjoyed the Wooger's passion for the game. Good guy too!
I hope that's not the case, too, and that his health is fine. There is a great chemistry between Woog and Frank Mazzacco. I think Wooger has earned the right to go out on his own terms as a broadcaster.

If they are ousting him, based on his health (if there are issues) that's pretty chickencrap.....
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

Goldfishdude wrote:
ALSECORD wrote:I heard Fox was not renewing his contract due to medical reasons. Any thuth to that? If so i hope things are o.k. I always enjoyed the Wooger's passion for the game. Good guy too!
I hope that's not the case, too, and that his health is fine. There is a great chemistry between Woog and Frank Mazzacco. I think Wooger has earned the right to go out on his own terms as a broadcaster.

If they are ousting him, based on his health (if there are issues) that's pretty chickencrap.....
I don't know if its because of his health, but the Wooger is starting to sound more like Sid every game. But then again, my close personal friend GFD sounds more and more like Sid every day.
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

BodyShots wrote:
Goldfishdude wrote:

I don't know if its because of his health, but the Wooger is starting to sound more like Sid every game. But then again, my close personal friend GFD sounds more and more like Sid every day.
You can take that to the bank!!!! I can't make enemies by kissing rear ends!!! You really want the old GFD back???

Maybe Mrs. Body Shots needs to take over for Wooger..... She's got passion!!!! Of course, I would fear for the people on the ice, because I can envision Mrs. Body, ala a WWE Broadcaster, who doesn't like what's happening in front of her, of ripping off her headset and jumping towards the ice.
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

Goldfishdude wrote:
BodyShots wrote:
Goldfishdude wrote: I hope that's not the case, too, and that his health is fine. There is a great chemistry between Woog and Frank Mazzacco. I think Wooger has earned the right to go out on his own terms as a broadcaster.

You can take that to the bank!!!! I can't make enemies by kissing rear ends!!! You really want the old GFD back???

Maybe Mrs. Body Shots needs to take over for Wooger..... She's got passion!!!! Of course, I would fear for the people on the ice, because I can envision Mrs. Body, ala a WWE Broadcaster, who doesn't like what's happening in front of her, of ripping off her headset and jumping towards the ice.
Just remember, its the only TRUE sport remaining where officials can't decide the outcome. :wink:
no-fly-bys

Post by no-fly-bys »

Should be a good time. Long time comming. Even though he never one the Big One. He has done alot for Minnesota Hockey.
Gordon Bombay08

Post by Gordon Bombay08 »

lets be honest. the wooger is like john madden up in the booth
ssppuck

Post by ssppuck »

You hit the nail on the head. Sometimes you have no idea what he is talking about but he knows hockey. It could be a Woogism
Gordon Bombay08 wrote:lets be honest. the wooger is like john madden up in the booth
salol44

Post by salol44 »

What is Woog's health condition? I think it would be a bad choice if if fsn let him go. I enjoy listening to him and Frank every weekend. Woog tells it how it is. Frank can get a little high and mighty sometimes but Woog brings him back to reality. I hope everythings ok and congrats on the jersey retirement.